Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Who will win?

Total votes: 0

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Post by biggdowgg »

Da_Burg wrote:hopefully trojans center will practice his snaps this week so meyers doesnt have to pick it up off the ground this week? then will be better game! if the center plays the same way against BURG, then there will be lots of turnovers...imo?

PIRATES 45
trojans 13
our starting center did not start at west,and he kid that was playing center already plays two other postions, he has his hands full and had to step in and fill in , he is a great kid , and has a very very bright future at the next level.

there my be other kids on other teams,and even hi, that has as much pride and desire to play this game, but there is NONE that has more.

he will beat himself up enough over this.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
siderman wrote:Except for a couple defensive tackles, Portsmouth is way undersized on defense to stop a strong running team. Watched the replay last night. They tackled well against the smaller backs when they were in position, but they wouldn't tackle Pendelton. They just dove at the ground like they were digging worms.

Shankwieler is a side to side runner and a smaller back. I have a feeling Portsmouth's defense will look alot better this week.
Schankweiler isn't that small and he is lights out faster than Pendleton. How many times did Pendleton break out into the open field only to be caught from behind. If Schank breaks free, you aren't going to catch him from behind.

Pendelton is a big, bruising back, but he doesn't have breakaway speed.
You don't seriously believe this do you?
I haven't seen him caught from behind yet.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I feel this will be a much better game than some have predicted. I will take the Burg in a close one though....Time to prove me wrong Trojans!

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Leo is picking the Burg..........

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Leo Byrd wrote:Leo is picking the Burg..........
....while BigDowgg is picking his nose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If my nose was running money I'd blow it all on you.... but it'snot.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

West Side Pride wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
siderman wrote:Except for a couple defensive tackles, Portsmouth is way undersized on defense to stop a strong running team. Watched the replay last night. They tackled well against the smaller backs when they were in position, but they wouldn't tackle Pendelton. They just dove at the ground like they were digging worms.

Shankwieler is a side to side runner and a smaller back. I have a feeling Portsmouth's defense will look alot better this week.
Schankweiler isn't that small and he is lights out faster than Pendleton. How many times did Pendleton break out into the open field only to be caught from behind. If Schank breaks free, you aren't going to catch him from behind.

Just keep thing that!!! LOL

I didn't say he wasn't a great back, but how many times did he break out into open field against the Trojans only to be caught from behind? He is a very good back and I have watched him play a few times. He just doesn't have breakaway speed from what I've seen.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

siderman wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

You don't seriously believe this do you?
I haven't seen him caught from behind yet.
I didn't see the Porstmouth game, but I listened to the entire game and and according to Roger Gray he broke out into the open field on two long runs only to be caught from behind. So, was Roger wrong??

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I didn't see the Porstmouth game, but I listened to the entire game and and according to Roger Gray he broke out into the open field on two long runs only to be caught from behind. So, was Roger wrong??[/quote]

No, Roger wasn't wrong for once....hah. He was caught from behind twice.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

17-14 burg

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

The Burg will come out on top in this one. Should be a good game though.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Pendleton had 229 yards on 11 caries thats a 20.8 yard average

Schankweiler had 31 yards on 13 carries thats a 2.4 average
and that was against a D5 school who is suppost to be in the weaker conference
You are comparing Apples and Oranges

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I still think burg wins this one

buckdowninOtown
Waterboy

Post by buckdowninOtown »

I will go with Burg. They have got to play with some intensity just coming off two big losses. A lot of people were talking about the refs in the oak hill game but the truth is that they just couldnt stop Slone. If they can pressure the qb better they will win.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

I don't see Burg having a problem with P-Town. Shank will run all over em

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

FalconFan wrote:I didn't see the Porstmouth game, but I listened to the entire game and and according to Roger Gray he broke out into the open field on two long runs only to be caught from behind. So, was Roger wrong??

No, Roger wasn't wrong for once....hah. He was caught from behind twice.[/quote]

It really doesn't matter, but in my mind when a safety (who is about 8 yards off the line of scrimmage) has the angle and tackles you, that is not being caught from behind. There were players that came up in persuit, but that was when he was making moves to get free. I have never seen him caught from behind when he didn't have to slow in the open field ever, and I have seen every game of his in varsity ball. In fact he caught Fisher, the very fast QB for Fairland, when he had a several yard headstart in the open field. In about 30 yards of distance he ran him down and prevented a td. Trevon is football fast. He plays faster than his 40 time.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

noles_fan wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Pendleton had 229 yards on 11 caries thats a 20.8 yard average

Schankweiler had 31 yards on 13 carries thats a 2.4 average
and that was against a D5 school who is suppost to be in the weaker conference
You are comparing Apples and Oranges

Pendelton had that yardage against a team that many have said has a very poor run defense and Schank was up against one of the best teams in our area this year in Oak Hill and a they are a team that would probably give West all they could handle and maybe beat them. Schank had I believe 119 yards against Ironton, who most say is the best in the area. I think Oak Hill would give Ironton a run for their money. They are that good. I think Schank will run all over Portsmouth just like Pendleton did.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

calpreps
Oak Hill 28 Portsmouth West 21
Oak Hill 21 Ironton 20

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Portsmouth 21 Burg 17

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

Pendelton had that yardage against a team that many have said has a very poor run defense and Schank was up against one of the best teams in our area this year in Oak Hill and a they are a team that would probably give West all they could handle and maybe beat them. Schank had I believe 119 yards against Ironton, who most say is the best in the area. I think Oak Hill would give Ironton a run for their money. They are that good. I think Schank will run all over Portsmouth just like Pendleton did.[/quote]

(dude burg is 0-2!!! i watched them when they played ironton!!! there not very good!! im not sure about portsmouth yet but i do think they will get the job done up at burg!! we are alot better then wat we showed over at west!!! west is a good team!!) 28-14 or 21 but w/e p-town get it done in this one!!!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

This thread has turned into a Pendleton vs Schank thread.....Isnt this Portsmouth vs Wheelersburg week? Save it for the SOC battle thread

Return to “Football”