Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Who will win?

Total votes: 0

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
siderman wrote:Except for a couple defensive tackles, Portsmouth is way undersized on defense to stop a strong running team. Watched the replay last night. They tackled well against the smaller backs when they were in position, but they wouldn't tackle Pendelton. They just dove at the ground like they were digging worms.

Shankwieler is a side to side runner and a smaller back. I have a feeling Portsmouth's defense will look alot better this week.
Schankweiler isn't that small and he is lights out faster than Pendleton. How many times did Pendleton break out into the open field only to be caught from behind. If Schank breaks free, you aren't going to catch him from behind.

Pendelton is a big, bruising back, but he doesn't have breakaway speed.
I couldn't agree more. IMHO schank is def faster

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LetsGoPSU wrote:calpreps
Oak Hill 28 Portsmouth West 21
Oak Hill 21 Ironton 20
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------i've read this entire thread without making a comment on either team, as i have many friends from both. but i knew the oak hill /ironton thing was just a matter of time, not in your wildest dreams do they topple the tigers. i'm serious as i can be.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

in fact i did not vote too many friends from both communities. i think this will be an excellent game. but no way , jose. oak hill can play with ironton, based on 1 common opponent. strap oak hill, to our schedule. and i think it's awesome oak hill, now has a great prograqm, but puh-leeze.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

First off, please dont "pirate" this thread into a Oak Hill-Ironton thread. The Oaks had their chance at the tigers in week 9 and they opted out.

The loser of this game is out of the playoffs, in my opinion. Portsmouth will have to close the season at Marietta, at Gallipolis and then home with Logan and Ironton. The Trojans may find it very difficult to win 5 games if they dont win this week.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Burg fans im not being a smart arse when i say this but the burg has been good to me this year in the pick-em im 2-0 thanks to burg loseing well this week im picking them big burg 42 ports 20

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Should be a close game. Portsmouth is not very good at run defense.
Portsmouth has the edge in pay back emotion. Must win for both teams.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I think this game will be a shoot out...The Trojans don't defend the run and the pirates like to run...and the Pirates have trouble with the pass and the Trojans like to pass...I think Burg will win by around 14-21, but I do think it will be close until about mid-late 3rd quarter...its all about match-ups and it looks like their will be a lot of points scored by both teams

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

26-19

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

NICKNEVADA wrote:26-19
26-19....but who do you think wins?

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I would love to see Portsmouth win. But, the defense shows no improvement from last year. Will Portsmouth be motivated or will they let last weeks loss get into their heads? I mean, the way Wheelersburg beat them last year should be motivation enough.
What the heck? Portsmouth - 35 Wheelersburg - 28

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Burg week and there 0-2 and we are 1-1. Burg will look to run on our d. We will look to pass on bugs d. I think this is a must win for both teams. Portsmouth coming off a loss to west and burg lost to the oaks. I think Portsmouth comes in to this game the underdog and comes out on top. Burg-27 Portsmouth-34

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Must win for Burg. But don't write Burg off. They have lost close games to teams that may well turn out to win Regions 15 and 19
If Burg can't run on Portsmouth, this will be long, long year for Burg.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Seen p-town play twice have not seen the burg but i will have to go with the burg on this one they will not go 0-3.PROUD TO BE A WEST SIDER.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I think the disciplined team will win... I give the edge to the 'burg

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

This is a must win game for both teams. With Burg at 0-2, if they lose this game, their chances of going to the playoffs are slim in a tough Region 19. Portsmouth is coming off a tough loss to West and will need to win this game in order to get some momentum going into SEOAL play. A lot on the line in this game. Should be a good one as always.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

bigcline81 wrote:Pendelton had that yardage against a team that many have said has a very poor run defense and Schank was up against one of the best teams in our area this year in Oak Hill and a they are a team that would probably give West all they could handle and maybe beat them. Schank had I believe 119 yards against Ironton, who most say is the best in the area. I think Oak Hill would give Ironton a run for their money. They are that good. I think Schank will run all over Portsmouth just like Pendleton did.

(dude burg is 0-2!!! i watched them when they played ironton!!! there not very good!! im not sure about portsmouth yet but i do think they will get the job done up at burg!! we are alot better then wat we showed over at west!!! west is a good team!!) 28-14 or 21 but w/e p-town get it done in this one!!![/quote]

Dude, then you didn't watch very closely did you. They held Ironton to 4 1st downs and had just as much rushing yardage as the Tigers and more total yardage and Oak Hill is and will be one of the best teams in the area when it's all said and done by seasons end. Ironton had 2 big plays all night that accounted for both their scores so they played right with them and held them in check except for those 2 plays. If not for the stupid penalties(movement on the line multiple times) and turnovers the Burg could have won that game. I remember all the Trojans fans calling for a big win last year and we know what happened then, don't we. I think the Pirates come out and get the first win of the year and protect the home turf.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Both teams coming off a loss. Who will regroup???

well, ONE team is coming off a loss.... the other was annihilated. :mrgreen:

(that's for my buddy Oz that said Ironton would have their starters on the bench before the end of the 3rd. ). :lol:

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

85inside wrote: The Oaks had their chance at the tigers in week 9 and they opted out.
I don't think Oak Hill opted out of the game but rather they opted out of the venue. I honestly don't think Oak Hill has any reason to be skeered of the Tigers this year if that is what you are insinuating.........and I'm sure you are. :mrgreen:

I guess all the Canadian teams must have been booked up so the AD called Oak Hill then. :lol:

Tank that, 85.

Here's hoping your Tigers win out and go to STATE, 85.....again..... for the 47th time. :122246 :-D
Fine football program.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Could be an interesting game......IF the Trojans can regroup and play like they are capable of.......we will need to play great defense and mistake free in order to win. Go Trojans!

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

How is Shankwiler's shoulder?

Return to “Football”