Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Who will win?

Total votes: 0

wipala
Varsity

Re: Week 3 Portsmouth @ Wheelersburg

Post by wipala »

biggdowgg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Congrats to the Burg on the win. The team need to thank their lucky stars they had Brandon Schankweiler on their side tonight since he scored all 5 of the Pirate TD's. Lots of work still be done on the defensive side of the ball.
not to mention he was also a big part of their defense...

===========================================

Im never one to second guess coaching...not here anyway..in the stands its different
:mrgreen:

but....Myers hit Simpson a number of times for close to 100 yards and a T D , in the first half...second half...one attempt to him???

every time we got inside the red zone we hurt our self, like said above, we was inside the 20 4 times, and came away empty 4 times, we have a kicker that can kick from 35 to 40..two field goals out of 4..we have a tie game at the end of regulation....like I said, Im just a fan and was just venting a little 8)

congrats to Burg on the win..Portsmouth , way to play with pride and not lay down after last week..still a lot of football to play,and you can still turm it around
There comes a day when you have to evaluate where the real opportunity for improvement might lie....great point on the Myers to Simpson,,burg may have changed defense to stop this but phs did not go after it....it all comes down to coaching!! I know the players play the game but they have to be trained! Even JoPa will have to step down one day.........just saying...wipalawalt

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Jesco White wrote:Congrats to the Pirates on the win......SOC II goes 5-1 on the night!!
Great job SOC!! My questionis why in the world are you afraid to let
PHS into your little yard...West, Burg step up and get after the other
Indians and let them into the league....It is very clear the day of PHS
running over people are gone,,,just the other way now.....Let them in,
why do you keep running away...put some weight on the ones that
are voting against them
wipalawalt

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

wipala wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Congrats to the Burg on the win. The team need to thank their lucky stars they had Brandon Schankweiler on their side tonight since he scored all 5 of the Pirate TD's. Lots of work still be done on the defensive side of the ball.
not to mention he was also a big part of their defense...

===========================================

Im never one to second guess coaching...not here anyway..in the stands its different
:mrgreen:

but....Myers hit Simpson a number of times for close to 100 yards and a T D , in the first half...second half...one attempt to him???

every time we got inside the red zone we hurt our self, like said above, we was inside the 20 4 times, and came away empty 4 times, we have a kicker that can kick from 35 to 40..two field goals out of 4..we have a tie game at the end of regulation....like I said, Im just a fan and was just venting a little 8)

congrats to Burg on the win..Portsmouth , way to play with pride and not lay down after last week..still a lot of football to play,and you can still turm it around
There comes a day when you have to evaluate where the real opportunity for improvement might lie....great point on the Myers to Simpson,,burg may have changed defense to stop this but phs did not go after it....it all comes down to coaching!! I know the players play the game but they have to be trained! Even JoPa will have to step down one day.........just saying...wipalawalt
Everyone is the stands was wondering why we didn't go to #18 the second half. They could not gaurd him in the first half. Every time we got in the red zone in the second half they did not attempt to get him the ball at all. There was no adjustment in the second half to be made they were not going to be able to stop the combination of #7 to #18. That's coaching not to see it on the field. Trojans need to rebound against an undefeated Warren team this week.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

congrats to Burg on the win....I do have a question, Im a little confused. I read that if the Trojans play the first half like they played in the second half that they could have won the ball game,on the other hand I read complaints about how The Trojans had a player involved in the first half but he wasnt involved in the 2nd half. Just a point, counterpoint sort of deal?

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

LetsGoPSU wrote:congrats to Burg on the win....I do have a question, I'm a little confused. I read that if the Trojans play the first half like they played in the second half that they could have won the ball game,on the other hand I read complaints about how The Trojans had a player involved in the first half but he wasn't involved in the 2nd half. Just a point, counterpoint sort of deal?
I think what their saying is the second half we had more people involved in the offense. But, you still can't abandon something that was working either. Myers to Simpson was working like clock work in the first half, I think people just wonder why in the red zone we didn't try it a couple more time Myers to Simpson. The play calling in the red zone was the difference in this game in my opinion. Trojans just need to bounce back and start winning again. Don't worry about all the outside opinions and just start winning. If the Trojans win the SEOAL they would still make the playoffs. But right now we need to win the first one and that starts Friday against and undefeated Warren team. Keep your heads of Trojans you still have 7 games left to do damage. GO TROJANS

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I probably should not have posted last night so soon after the game.
Like Big Time said, its time to think about next week,and try to get back on the winning side.

I do have to say,after last week at west,and after the pounding the burg put on these kids,they still did not back down,and came out and went toe to toe with Burg AT burg, and this game was not decided untill a few seconds on the clock..great job Trojans, now focus on the next week,this has been a very very tough 3 games to start the season

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

VERY PROUD OF THE TROJANS FOR SHOWING A LOT OF HEART LAST NIGHT!!.......Even though we lost, this game was a lot easier to swallow than the game vs. West.......our Trojans battled back from a 2 TD deficit to even the score.......we did hurt ourselves with penalties in the red zone on a couple of possessions deep in Pirate territory........but still from this fan's standpoint, I enjoyed watching our Trojans battle to the end!!

Congratulations to the Pirates on the win.......Brandon Shankwiler is a very good football player.......he made plays on both sides of the ball and was all over the field.

As others have said, the Trojans now have to right the ship starting next week......the playoffs are still a possibility with the schedule we have in front of us, but only wins will give up points.......we showed big improvement on offense last night, but our defense has got to get more stops.

GO TROJANS!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

4 times inside the 20 without scoring probably has as much to do with being exclusively spread and not being able to run the ball. Most spread teams struggle in the red zone because the shorter field condenses the defense.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

wipala wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Congrats to the Pirates on the win......SOC II goes 5-1 on the night!!
are voting against them
wipalawalt

The reason the Trojans may never get in the SOC is, and someone please correct me if wrong, but I believe the entire SOC votes on this, including the smaller schools and they won't vote them in. I have heard through the grapevine that Burg, West, Minford, and Waverly usually vote for them to come in the others don't. So the big schools have no problem voting them in, but the Easts, Notre Dames, Greens, Oak Hills, and Symmes Valleys won't vote for them and probably never will.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Burg grad is right, but,Ive also heard west was a no vote

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

sportsfan43 wrote:If Shank goes down, Burg is in BIG TIME TROUBLE!

I guess the same could go for Myers.
From what I have heard Mason Jordan is an very adequate backup for Meyers. didn't get to show much last night after Meyers went out, but he will most likely be your starter next season and I would try to get him some live game snaps this season.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
wipala wrote:
are voting against them
wipalawalt

The reason the Trojans may never get in the SOC is, and someone please correct me if wrong, but I believe the entire SOC votes on this, including the smaller schools and they won't vote them in. I have heard through the grapevine that Burg, West, Minford, and Waverly usually vote for them to come in the others don't. So the big schools have no problem voting them in, but the Easts, Notre Dames, Greens, Oak Hills, and Symmes Valleys won't vote for them and probably never will.
i believe it is just the half of the conference they are trying to get into that vote and the last vote i heard from someone who was there they only got two votes to get in and that was West and Burg

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

trojandave wrote:VERY PROUD OF THE TROJANS FOR SHOWING A LOT OF HEART LAST NIGHT!!.......Even though we lost, this game was a lot easier to swallow than the game vs. West.......our Trojans battled back from a 2 TD deficit to even the score.......we did hurt ourselves with penalties in the red zone on a couple of possessions deep in Pirate territory........but still from this fan's standpoint, I enjoyed watching our Trojans battle to the end!!

Congratulations to the Pirates on the win.......Brandon Shankwiler is a very good football player.......he made plays on both sides of the ball and was all over the field.

As others have said, the Trojans now have to right the ship starting next week......the playoffs are still a possibility with the schedule we have in front of us, but only wins will give up points.......we showed big improvement on offense last night, but our defense has got to get more stops.

GO TROJANS!!!
TrojanDave you are correct.....I want the Trojans to keep fighting and never quit, like last night you fought hard and came all the way back...keep that up!! As Woody Hayes used to say the preseason is over and now the league is upon us...start your second season and go out and kick some Warren backside!!!
wipalawalt

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Why would West and Burg vote no when they play them anyway? So I don't buy what Biggdog said that West was a no Vote. I would Imagine
that It was a bird or a native american.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

DIDO wrote:Why would West and Burg vote no when they play them anyway? So I don't buy what Biggdog said that West was a no Vote. I would Imagine
from what i have heard, those two have always been a no vote.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote:
I dont have a grip.......

you said it, brother. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

In the words of Jim Mora....PLAYOFFS? WHAT DO YOU .....PLAYOFFS?????PLAYOFFS????? My point..In Div 4 region 15 two losses may be enough to keep you out, no matter whom you beat

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

KVDW wrote:
DIDO wrote:Why would West and Burg vote no when they play them anyway? So I don't buy what Biggdog said that West was a no Vote. I would Imagine
from what i have heard, those two have always been a no vote.

well, like I said, thats what I "heard" I wasnt there so I dont know.

I really dont care one way or the other if we ever get in or not, I can say one thing, there would be lots of $$$ made by everyone in this.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:Are these secret ballot votes or what? If not, this should be common knowledge and not a bunch of he said they said they voted no.

Whatever the case may be, it is cowardly of the school's voting no, on allowing PTOWN in the SOC II. Now, I could give a rats behind about those outside the county wanting a free meal!! We are a sub-par league anyway, so to he!! with them..

yes

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

FIDO wrote:Are these secret ballot votes or what? If not, this should be common knowledge and not a bunch of he said they said they voted no.

Whatever the case may be, it is cowardly of the school's voting no, on allowing PTOWN in the SOC II. Now, I could give a rats behind about those outside the county wanting a free meal!! We are a sub-par league anyway, so to he!! with them..
I would like to see them let Portsmouth an Ironton both in that would be interesting year in and year out.

Return to “Football”