Burg fans...Ironton and Oak Hill

Bucknut27
Varsity

Burg fans...Ironton and Oak Hill

Post by Bucknut27 »

This post isnt about who would beat who because they dont play each other this year and it would only be subjective.
What I would like to know from Burg fans because you played each team is how do they compare.
Defensively what did each team do differently against you guys? I know Ironton only gave up 7 points to you while you scored 22 on Oak Hill.

Offensively, Oak Hill scored 29 while Ironton scored 12. Just wondering why you think OH had more offensive success? Was each team equally as physical, did one team do anything that confused you more than the other? Any feedback would be great.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Re: Burg fans...Ironton and Oak Hill

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

OH has a brilliant passing coach (QB-receiver coach) while Ironton has none.... that was the difference in the offensive scoring.

All of OH's passes were so short that he threw most of them left handed. :mrgreen:

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Actually Burg only scored 7 points on Oak Hills Defense, the other two touchdowns came from Kick off returns
so 29-7 if you take the kick off returns off.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Are you saying that OH doesn't put up any defense on kick-offs?

(Apparently they don't). :mrgreen:

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

No what i am saying is Burg only scored 7 points of Oak Hills Starting defense and scored 2 tds on their special teams

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

OH, I see. My bad. So, their SPECIAL TEAMS don't play defense then, huh ?
Wonder why they even go out on the field then?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

jacksonoaks wrote:Actually Burg only scored 7 points on Oak Hills Defense, the other two touchdowns came from Kick off returns
You cant say they wouldn't have scored on their d because they didn't have the chance. A score is a score. I can't believe people say this. :roll:

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Several young inexperienced sophmore and freshman kids on that kick-off unit for Oak Hill, trying to give the starters a much needed break, that combined with number 7 for Wheelersburg being a dangerous open field runner who can return kicks on anyone. Intention was not to kick to him but squib it, unfortunately two kicks ended up going to him on the ground and he scooped them up on the roll going almost full tilt at the same time the kick off team coming down field over ran him not constricting down on him. Number 7 for Wheelersburg is a special athlete he can do damage to about anyone's team.
Oak Hill's defense did a good job against him while he was on offense 11 carries 34 yards rushing.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Something else , sometimes your best defense is a good offense. Oak Hill's offense was on the field most of the first half , keeping Burg off the field with long time consuming drives in which they scored. Believe me keeping the ball out of 7s hands is something you have to do to beat them. I believe Ironton broke two long runs for scores but only had 4 first downs for the game, punting several times. Burg moved the ball on Ironton pretty well and probably won the time of possession and had more plays with some nice drives but fumbled and had turnovers at crucial times.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

wobycat wrote:
jacksonoaks wrote:Actually Burg only scored 7 points on Oak Hills Defense, the other two touchdowns came from Kick off returns
You cant say they wouldn't have scored on their d because they didn't have the chance. A score is a score. I can't believe people say this. :roll:
Not saying they would not score, just trying to show the point that the Oaks defense only gave up 7 points, they could have probably scored if the two was not ran back for TD's, but we do not know that.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Charles Farquar wrote:Several young inexperienced sophmore and freshman kids on that kick-off unit for Oak Hill, trying to give the starters a much needed break, .
I don't know but I'd think "tired starters" would be less damaging to the Oaks. Most decent teams have a pretty good return man or two on them and I don't know if throwing freshmen and sophomores out there against them is a good idea..... but then I'm no longer a coach, either. ;-)

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

jacksonoaks wrote:
wobycat wrote:
Not saying they would not score, just trying to show the point that the Oaks defense only gave up 7 points, they could have probably scored if the two was not ran back for TD's, but we do not know that.
Call them what you will (special teams or rest givers or whatever) but they were the DEFENSE that OH put on the field for the kickoffs and Wheelersburg scored on them.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Charles Farquar wrote:Something else , sometimes your best defense is a good offense. Oak Hill's offense was on the field most of the first half , keeping Burg off the field with long time consuming drives in which they scored. .

I agree with that 100% and I also agree with the fact that OH's QB coach did a great job in handling Slone and having him get those short passes off in a hurry before the rush could get to him. That kept them on the field several times.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Are you kidding? NOBODY can beat Oak Hill!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I would take Oak Hill in this matchup. I think it would turn out 21-18 Oak Hill. Oak Hill has a very special group of kids that rarely come together at the D5 level and I dont see many teams in Southern Ohio that would beat them more than 5 out of 10 times.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I have seen both and it would be an interesting contest. The difference between the two and the difference imo is who would win the war up front. Ironton is relentless, they flat out love contact. Oak Hill is not as physical, they are more reliant on skill players. I am not trying to make Oak Hill not sound good, because they are very good, but imo there is a difference in the mentality of the two teams.

The Burg-Ironton game is difficult to judge, because you have two teams who hate each other and who have a long established rivalry. You don't get that same type of emotion when the Burg plays Oak Hill.

If the two played I think Ironton wins by two touchdowns. As good as the Oaks QB is, he would have a difficult time throwing from his back all night. jmho

headhunter1
Freshman Team

Post by headhunter1 »

Oak wins, burg couldnt play with them aand Itown couldnt play with burg. itown and burg both are in a spirrel

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

I think being played at a neutral site with nuetral officals- it would be a good game- i will leave it at that ;-) -GO BURG

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

"Itown couldnt play with burg"

1. I thought Itown won that game.

2. Define 'spirrel'.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

ironton has played against hot shot qb's before ... trust me ironton wins this game if they play on the moon.... and it's spelled SPIRAL 2-0 headed to the playoffs yea we're in a spiral :shock:

Return to “Football”