Burg fans...Ironton and Oak Hill

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Re: Burg fans...Ironton and Oak Hill

Post by TigerTownKid »

headhunter1 wrote:Oak wins, burg couldnt play with them aand Itown couldnt play with burg. itown and burg both are in a spirrel
IGNORANT...all that needs to be said.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

As good as Burgs program is, They do have Ironton at the right time on their Schedule. Watching Ironton over the years by the time their 2 or 3 games deep into the season they're Really Rollin. As good as OH is I can't see them Stopping them. To Physical!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMO!

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Ironton by two TD's....Oak hill is a big fish in a little pond..once they jump into the lake they would and will get eatin...Ironton is a power every year...we seem to have special groups of kids almost every year...actually all but a couple since Lutz took over in the beginning of the 1970's...but at Ironton we don't really look at the groups as being really special until they at least make it to a Championship...with the exception of the '82 year..I believe...that group I believe would have won a championship...but it didn't get the shot to prove it with teams dropping from the schedule and etc...only I believe two teams getting to go from the region...I think this group of kids from this years Ironton team have that ability to be called special..they just need to fire out on the line more and block more in the backfield...on the defensive side of the ball in the backfield...we need to start sticking the recievers more...and I am not talking about Lawless..he already is doing this...everyone needs to ask him for a copy of his how to book..lol

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

i have watched ironton and oak hill against burg this year. i think there are a lot of factors to consider. i thought burg was more overall talented and had more depth than ironton when they played. still do. however, ironton is supposed to have 8 starters/backups out for that game, i dont know how much of an impact that makes but i would say it has to mean something.
based completely on what i saw in the 1st 2 games i believe oak hill is more talented this year. they have approx 13 seniors and their qb is excellent. the tailback is decievingly fast and stronger than you would think because he looks like he runs straight up. the difference is that i didnt see burg adjust to what oak hill was doing and based on that didnt stop them all night. i promise you, lutz will adjust and oak hill will have a much tougher time moving the ball on ironton. oak hill looks to probably play more kids than ironton is playing right now, but not sure once ironton is healthy. being an ironton fan i would have to say lutz comes up with a way to stop them and wins a tight one, but i wouldnt be suprised to see oak hill win. they are very good.
i would say if your an oak hill fan enjoy it this year. they graduate a big class this year and next year will be big rebuilding year. its great to have great team and make a run at the playoffs or state championship but remember the tigers have been doing it for 35 years now. this ironton should be a lot better by week 10 if their healthy but irontons #s have declinced hugely since 1980 they are not near the talent level that they were 25 years ago.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i cannot believe this is even a topic, though i saw it coming. based on 1 common opponent, in a run up the middle battle. puh-leeze. no way oak hill can play with the tigers , ever. this is nonsense, and i might add , i'm very proud of oak hill. i think it's awesome we have such great d4, and d5 teams in this area. but don't back up to a load you can't pull.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

lutz handled them with st. joe , you think with ironton he'd have trouble adjusting. this is nearly blashemy.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LET'S ALL GET READY FOR DOGPILE ON YTB. BUT I MEAN THIS CRACKS ME UP.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:LET'S ALL GET READY FOR DOGPILE ON YTB. BUT I MEAN THIS CRACKS ME UP.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes two of us this thread should be deleted....... I am dumber for having read it!!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Sad thing is, the Oak Hill-Ironton matchup, could have happened. Both were open week 9 at one time.

'93OAK
Waterboy

Post by '93OAK »

I don't think he wanted to know who would win between Ironton and oak hill, atleast that is not what I got from the opening statement.

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

85inside wrote:Sad thing is, the Oak Hill-Ironton matchup, could have happened. Both were open week 9 at one time.
THIS^^^
Yes a shame this didnt happen.
BUT looking from the Oaks standpoint
---This wouldnt have helped Oak Hills confidence going into playoffs. Probably would rather come into the playoffs with A CHANCE of being undefeated than a loss at the Tank.
--- Ironton notoriously is stronger as the season goes on. Ironton in Week 9 is usually firing on all cylinders.
--- A physical game late in the year like Ironton would bring would be smart to avoid. You need to be healthy going into the playoffs.
---They can probably get a top 3 seed going undefeated with the Ironton-less schedule they have now.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Again if you read my original posts, I wasnt asking who would win. Which is what I was hoping this thread wouldnt turn into. Read the original post.

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

I would have loved to see this game... I notice on this thread though that many ironton fans don't even give the oaks a chance

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Vodoochild wrote:
85inside wrote:Sad thing is, the Oak Hill-Ironton matchup, could have happened. Both were open week 9 at one time.
THIS^^^
Yes a shame this didnt happen.
BUT looking from the Oaks standpoint
---This wouldnt have helped Oak Hills confidence going into playoffs. Probably would rather come into the playoffs with A CHANCE of being undefeated than a loss at the Tank.
--- Ironton notoriously is stronger as the season goes on. Ironton in Week 9 is usually firing on all cylinders.
--- A physical game late in the year like Ironton would bring would be smart to avoid. You need to be healthy going into the playoffs.
---They can probably get a top 3 seed going undefeated with the Ironton-less schedule they have now.
Great post. Great information.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

at this point do we have a full schedule for next year.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

What's even funnier about that "potential" matchup is that Ironton wouldn't play at a nuetral site or even Oak Hill. Something very odd about that. Lutz with his big, mean rolling machine wanting little ol' Oak Hill to come down to his house. That's a mystery.

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

Yeah, Ironton has dodged teams for years. That must be why they only played 9 games a time or two. They must really be scared of such teams like OH, so they run off to easy teams like CAPE, Columbus DeSales, Arch Bishop Caroll, Columbus Watterson, just to name a few.

You have to be kidding me right?

I remember many years Mike Burcham calling all over the state for games, and I am talking some big programs and no one would play Ironton. The big schools had too much to lose. Most schools didn't want an automatic loss on the schedule. Ironton has hard a hard time getting games for years, and it isn't because they dodge the likes of Oak Hill. That is laughable.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

I-town-90 wrote:Yeah, Ironton has dodged teams for years. That must be why they only played 9 games a time or two. They must really be scared of such teams like OH, so they run off to easy teams like CAPE, Columbus DeSales, Arch Bishop Caroll, Columbus Watterson, just to name a few.
.and the week 9 game this year.... can't even remember their name... that's how notorious THEY are. :lol:

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

I-town-90 wrote:Yeah, Ironton has dodged teams for years. That must be why they only played 9 games a time or two. They must really be scared of such teams like OH, so they run off to easy teams like CAPE, Columbus DeSales, Arch Bishop Caroll, Columbus Watterson, just to name a few.

You have to be kidding me right?

I remember many years Mike Burcham calling all over the state for games, and I am talking some big programs and no one would play Ironton. The big schools had too much to lose. Most schools didn't want an automatic loss on the schedule. Ironton has hard a hard time getting games for years, and it isn't because they dodge the likes of Oak Hill. That is laughable.
you forgot , Canada, not only the state, but they left the country for top teams to play

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Oak Hill must be a pretty good team for Ironton to want to play them just for one year and get plenty of playoff points (Not that I do not blame Ironton there). Plus, knowing that this would never happen for one main reason: What if Oak Hill did play Ironton this year and beat them? (Which could have potentially happened). Ironton would never lower themsleves as a town or team to playing these "lowly" Oaks. Lutz will eventually retire, which begs the question: Who will replace him? Someone will but, would he ever measure up to the pristine condition that Lutz will leave Ironton football in? Triplett coached there one year, got Ironton into the playoffs and had a winning record that year. I feel for the man who has to replace Lutz. Measuring up to the man, the myth and the only legend of Southern Ohio! But, poor, poor Oak Hill will never measure up to the big bad wolf who raided (year in and year out) the OVC of quality players so he could win. Nobody will ever measure up to this man! I could go on for days about his 1940's style offense also. Not that it doesn't work now-a-days but, it always seems like Ironton has great athletes. You could throw the ball at least 5 times a game. It is 2010 now!

Return to “Football”