Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Re: Ashland (4-0) @ Ironton (3-0)

Post by BuckBalls »

tomcatfan722000 wrote:
BuckBalls wrote:Tigers looked pretty good last Friday. Tommy looked good throwing the ball opening play should have went for 6. Those are the type of mistakes we cannot make against the Tomcats. I think if Ironton brings the LUMBER this week and make some big hits I dont think those boys from Kentucky can take those big Ohio Hits. Lawless and Warner and Hager gonna have to become the Bash Brothers. They need to really make some big hits were those Tomcats dont want the ball. I will agree that if Ironton does not tackle better and wrap up then this one could get ugly.
last year i believe the ky boys were the ones who brought the lumber
I really cannot say that Ashland brought any Lumber as far as I could tell they would not have lost the game if they would not have fumbled like 4 times. I dont think no Kentucky team hits like Ohio. So go back to kentucky preps and stop wishing you were a Buckeye......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: IRONTON vs ASHLAND

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

TigerTownKid wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:Nobody wants.........opinions on Ky......football............get it nobody........cares.......
It's an ASHLAND vs. Ironton topic. Therefore Kentucky opinions are entitled, considering Ashland is located in Kentucky....In case you didn't know that.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i agree, 100 percent. i know e waugh. he went to ashland, and he also likes the tigers and lucasville valley indians. what are we so big now we don't want ky. posters.

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

tl895 wrote:this may be the best team ashland has had in 15 years. this qb really impressed me last year and it looks like he is the real deal tigers must put enormous pressure on him to win this game i think they may be the most talented team we will face this year but oh crap what a boatload of points they will be worth...
Yeah well one good hit and I bet he becomes gun shy let Webb, or Spoljaric or Lawless and Warner or Hager put one good lick on him and I bet he will not be doing much.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Gotta go with the tomcats, may be big if Ironton does not bring their A game.

wolverine
Freshman Team

Post by wolverine »

ashland in a close one

tomcatfan722000
Waterboy

Post by tomcatfan722000 »

BuckBalls wrote:
tomcatfan722000 wrote:
BuckBalls wrote:Tigers looked pretty good last Friday. Tommy looked good throwing the ball opening play should have went for 6. Those are the type of mistakes we cannot make against the Tomcats. I think if Ironton brings the LUMBER this week and make some big hits I dont think those boys from Kentucky can take those big Ohio Hits. Lawless and Warner and Hager gonna have to become the Bash Brothers. They need to really make some big hits were those Tomcats dont want the ball. I will agree that if Ironton does not tackle better and wrap up then this one could get ugly.
I really cannot say that Ashland brought any Lumber as far as I could tell they would not have lost the game if they would not have fumbled like 4 times. I dont think no Kentucky team hits like Ohio. So go back to kentucky preps and stop wishing you were a Buckeye......
yeah cause the tomcats didnt cause any oh those fumbles by out irontoning ironton now did they? we must have watched two different games cause it wasnt like it was fumbles on the qb center exchange or fumbled handoffs they were FORCED fumbles. it was a beautiful sight seeing ironton fans leave early last year i look forwARD TO seeing it at the tank this season

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Should be a dandy of a game. Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I believe Ironton will finish 8-2 in regular season with the losses being to Ashland and Hartley. I think they can beat Jonathan Alder with their ball control but I think both the other schools mentioned above have too much speed and athleticism for this years Ironton team. Time will tell and I hope Ironton goes undefeated but don't see it happening this year. JMO :)

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

BuckBalls wrote:
tomcatfan722000 wrote:
I do beleive 2 of these fumbles were when no one was even around or even mad a hit. So tomcatfan get your facts straight stupid. Tomcats should not even won last year and now that you won you think you have some kind of bragging rights. How many years did it take you all to do so. Every streak comes to an end so u can start another one. Now we get to start all over again and beat the last one.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Re: IRONTON vs ASHLAND

Post by Pepsiman »

TigerTownKid wrote:
Pepsiman wrote:Nobody wants.........opinions on Ky......football............get it nobody........cares.......
It's an ASHLAND vs. Ironton topic. Therefore Kentucky opinions are entitled, considering Ashland is located in Kentucky....In case you didn't know that.
Ashland is in Kentucky??? Wow...thanks for...........that geography...........lesson.........SMART BOOTY.............NEXT TIME...........READ THE WHOLE ..........TOPIC NOT.........JUST ONE........POST :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

If this is an unfair question to ask, please don't rip my head off..give me the finger when I'm driving down the road or anything else but seriously, has Ironton EVER won a game against The Tomcats at Tank Stadium?
You....ok....Tucky? :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Yes! I removed that as I was afraid some would misunderstand what I was saying but.....seeing how you were right on top of things and caught it before I removed it! ;-) I'll elaborate.

Every time the Mighty & Glorious Ironton Fighting Tigers have defeated a few teams around these parts - 'some' - always said afterwards that we cheated or recruited etc etc

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

It is only Ashland!!!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't know if it's 'only Ashland' or not! Someone said they've requested that Ironton put up a temporary scoreboard that will record triple digits as they are expecting to top the century mark by the end of the 3rd quarter against the Tigers. From what I understand, they're insisting that it be done as they want to film their players standing under the scoreboard and want the real score showing as they're doing it. That just seems a wee bit boastful but hey, that's just me

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

TIGERS TANK TOMCATS: 20-17

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Oh my god, :roll: :roll: :roll: I have seen this so many times through the years. Ashland has such a "great quarterback", Ashland is stacked, Ashland put up these many points on Russell and whoever and Ironton only scored this many :roll: :roll: :roll:!!! Then the Ironton/Ashland game begins and everyone realizes that all the hype, the talk and the big deficits against other schools goes out the window. Listen folks much like the college game these are kids we are dealing with and their performance is highly dictated by alot of things and emotions being one of them. These teams are not as unevenly matched as one would have you believe and if ya really think that ANY Ashland squad is gonna come into TANKS and rout ANY Lutz coached Tiger team then you must be snortin that same stuff I hear they like over in Ashland so much these days!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Once again all of you awaiting the so called "inevitable" demise of Ironton best not be holding your breath cause this 2010 Ironton edition while not so spectacular as of yet is a very powerfull and solid team with an extremely good o and d line. When and if it happens I told ya it is gonna be won in the trenches....WATCH! :122249

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Post by footballcrazy »

Ironton will win, you cant compare games, Ironton will be well prepared and Ashland crumbles when you say Ironton!!!

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

We all know this will be one heck of a game... My main hope is that there's a well officiated game with no injuries... The Rivalry on the River is always a sloberknocker. And for the record I don't base football philosophy just on scores from similar opponents... I look at stats as well. As well as the stats of all teams played. But I will not make a prediction on this game because I for one have tons of friends on both sides of the river. I wish the best of luck to both teams.

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

E_Waugh wrote:We all know this will be one heck of a game... My main hope is that there's a well officiated game with no injuries... The Rivalry on the River is always a sloberknocker. And for the record I don't base football philosophy just on scores from similar opponents... I look at stats as well. As well as the stats of all teams played. But I will not make a prediction on this game because I for one have tons of friends on both sides of the river. I wish the best of luck to both teams.
good post E Waugh........no predictions either as I have friends and parents on both teams who want to see a good contest........win, lose or draw, Saturday will come about.............. :!: :!:

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

I will not and cannot make an accurate prediction since I have never seen Ashland play this year. But, I do know a few things that I can count on. Lutz will have the boys prepared. The team will play with emotion this week as Ashland always gets the fellas to play hard. Ashland will play hard too because they hate to get beat by Ironton. It is always a hard fought contest. I have heard all of these claims of a "blow out", but I will find it hard to believe until I see it. Ironton has a good group of upper classmen that have been there before. They have some kids with alot of heart. Those kinds of kids are hard to "blow out". They also have enough talent that I really don't see a blow out unless Ironton makes a lot of turn overs and penalties. Now, can Ashland win by 14 or so, sure.

It should be a good game to watch. I hope both teams bring their best, suffer no injuries, and the Tigers come out on top. That is what I will be rooting for.

Return to “Football”