Warren (3-0) @ Portsmouth (1-2) (SEOAL)

sider
All Conference

Re: Warren (3-0) @ Portsmouth (1-2) (SEOAL)

Post by sider »

I think the Trojans come out with a big victory here, hopefully reality will set in and they will realize they are going to have to start winning some ball games if they want to make the playoffs, it will not be an easy road...hopefully the defense will step it up some, the points off of this game would be nice...

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

if warren has a good running game ptown goes down big, if they pass alot could be closer but ptown loses anyway

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The way Leffingwell is passing this year they haven't needed the run much

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm gonna go with Warren

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

The one area the Trojan defense has looked decent in is the pass defense. Wayne Evans hasn't gotten enough credit for his play on defense this year. If Warren is a "passing team", I don't think Portsmouth will have a problem. One thing is for sure, Warren won't turn the ball over 7 times or however many they turned it over last year. Has Warren improved drastically from a team that went 7-3 last year? I think Portsmouth has improved even though they had some bad luck and ran into a hungry West team, and ran into a Wheelersburg team that was not going 0-3. I still see Portsmouth as a 7-3 team, possibly 8-2 with some luck, and a greater focus on the run defense.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Too early yet to tell how good this Warren team is this year. What has changed drastically is moving from the Wing-T to the Spread and their ability to get yardage and points in a hurry, something the Wing-T doesn't allow you to do. The offense is much more balanced now and leaning more on the pass with Leffingwell playing well beyond his sophomore status right now, basically the coaches are taking what the defense gives them. The key to this game will be the Warrior defense's ability to contain Myers because the offense will score some points. Hoping for a great game injury free. Will be very interesting to watch the coaches strategy and the boys play and see who emerges the victor. Obviously a very key game for both teams. GO BLUE, you can do it!!!!!!!

westsidelarry
Waterboy

Post by westsidelarry »

Has any one stopped to think that portsmouth looked better against the burg then the did against west because burg isnt as good as west?hmmm just a thought

The Man of Football
Waterboy

Post by The Man of Football »

Warren D suspect but has the BEST offense in the SEOAL. Warren 38 Portsmouth 28. GO WARRIORS!!!!!

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

ptown goes 4/6 this year, this one is a loss. sorry ptown, hope you can pull it out but dont see it happing

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

westsidelarry wrote:Has any one stopped to think that portsmouth looked better against the burg then the did against west because burg isnt as good as west?hmmm just a thought
Agreed, but they were also able to snap the ball to the qb regularly for the first time this year and they cut down on penalties in the 2nd half when they made their comeback.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

A little help from the Portsmouth faithful. Is there someplace where a person can find the Portsmouth roster? The stats guy from Warren would like a copy before the game if possible.

And where is parking? Is there plenty or do you have to park and hike in to the stadium. Looked it up on google maps, looks like school is right in town.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Yes the school is in town on Galia street. The stadium is right across the street from the school you cant miss it. Parking is okay theres the streets and back parking lot behind the school. Should be a very good leage game. Lets go Trojans

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

fan4sure wrote:if warren has a good running game ptown goes down big, if they pass alot could be closer but ptown loses anyway
Yeah I think West scored on at least 2 maybe 3 TD Pass Plays against Portsmouth.
I thought Portsmouth looked a little better against Burg though. They Have to stop making so many mistakes, and the Penalties are Killing them. Don't see them Winning many Games the way their playing right now. Come Trojans Get us some Points.

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

Warrens D is a lot better than you think it was the special teams that hurt us last week with the punt return. But i think the Portsmouth will be able to put a good bit of points verse Warren. But Warren offense should be good verse Portsmouth D have some trouble stopping the other teams from scoring a lot of points. There for i think Warren will have to score 35 to 40 points to win.

Warren 35 Portsmouth 28 on a good game down to the wire.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

Would like to wish all the Warrior fans a safe trip down tomorrow. Can't wait for Friday Night Lights to kick on.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I wonder if the Warren area was hit with the Tornadoes Athens got?

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I wonder if the Warren area was hit with the Tornadoes Athens got?
My parents live two miles from the school, and said everything seemed fine there in the area. It seems like most of the storm was on the WV side right there. They had a fatality in Wood County.

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

i think p town will get the win here in this game!! warren hasnt played no one so im not to worried i look 4 p town to get on a winning roll here in this game!! sorry warren!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

we cant worry about who they plaed before, we have to worry about who they play this week.

we have played 3 good teams, but we have only won ,one out of 3, we have to get it going tonight!

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

internet radio anywhere!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Return to “Football”