Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg (1-2) @ Fairland (1-2)

Post by FHSstudentsection »

28-6 burg

Jumpshot
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumpshot »

Go Burg! and fyi, I think Coach Miller has one grandson who is a senior captain on this team, and he is one awesome player!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Jumpshot wrote:Go Burg! and fyi, I think Coach Miller has one grandson who is a senior captain on this team, and he is one awesome player!

So it must be one of his daughters boys since the names not Miller.

hoop22
Waterboy

Post by hoop22 »

Drew Parsley.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

hoop22 wrote:Drew Parsley.

That's right. I forgot Bruce was married to one of his daughters. Doesn't Eddie have a boy that's either a freshman or in 8th grade?

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Congrats to Wheelersburg for their Win and Coaching Staff. Soc once again prevails agains OVC. 1st time getting to watch Shank play this year and the kid is a Beast. Not really for sure why he doesnt get the ball more, but they won so thats irrelavant. Congratulations to Fairland Players and i do Mean Players for not giving up. They played till the last play of the game and that is all you can ask for. QB Chad Fisher had a outstanding game, several several times beat the WB defense by himself running for his life and always found a way to get a first down or find a reciever downfield for a first down. He is fun to watch. Believe the young man threw for over 200yrds 2tds and rushed for 100 1td on a solid SOC defense. Would love to see him play on a solid team. (Fisher and Shank in the backfield)??? any thoughts...

One of the biggest coaching blunders i have ever witnessed during a high school football game. Fairland ball, 4 down and 3 with about 20 seconds to go in 1st half, inside the 10 yrd line getting ready to score, coach calls in "spike ball". Fairland spikes it and turnover on downs. Wow. I really felt so bad for those kids. As many sprints and hard work they put in during the weak and to not have your coach thinking a play ahead is Mind Boggling to me. And this isnt just the first blunder, seems to be 2 or 3 everygame i have watched the Dragons. I really feel bad for the kids b/c Fairland does have some talent.

WB faced a quality matchup before they get into SOC play. With Shank in the backfield i think they should keep the big 3 games close in the SOC with the tradition being able to win any of those games. Fairland players keep your head up. You guys played great just had a few miscues that cost you when playing a program and well Coached team. Fairland has all the Opportunity to win the OVC, seeing a showdown with CG or Peake.

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

Congrats Pirates! Looked good last night. Good luck to the dragons the rest of the season.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

congrats burg!!! keep it up!!!

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Post by burgtown2008 »

I can hope the Burg can win out but I don't think they will. The offense is good enough but the defense is slow and the pass defense is deplorable. If you don't have speed or cover abilty your hurting.

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

WaterBoy,
Are you serious ? They spiked the ball on 4th down ?

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Yes.. Ball was spiked on a fourth down and 3, inside the ten yrd line with a great chance of scoring and gaining momentum at half. Thats what was mind boggling, how a coach isnt thinking one play ahead. Anyone from fairland can correct me if im wrong??

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

Wow - on the field coaching blunders, and off-the-field problems...doesn't sound good for the dragons.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

WaterBoy wrote:Yes.. Ball was spiked on a fourth down and 3, inside the ten yrd line with a great chance of scoring and gaining momentum at half. Thats what was mind boggling, how a coach isnt thinking one play ahead. Anyone from fairland can correct me if im wrong??
i heard that was a forced error by the defense.

Codym2584
Waterboy

Post by Codym2584 »

WaterBoy wrote:Yes.. Ball was spiked on a fourth down and 3, inside the ten yrd line with a great chance of scoring and gaining momentum at half. Thats what was mind boggling, how a coach isnt thinking one play ahead. Anyone from fairland can correct me if im wrong??
There was a big miscue. We had no timeouts left and someone for fairland tried to call one. The refs gave it to us but didn't penalize us anything so they spotted the ball. No one on the sideline decided to change the sign from 3 to 4 so we all thought it was 3rd down. That's why fisher spiked it. Wasn't really the coaches fault.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Wow very very dissapointed after watching some game film of the cheap shots leveled on our players- the kicking of one our players while on the ground by a fairland player- a deliberate kick to the either head or body- this type of stuff should not be tolerated by the coaching staff of fairland- no wonder that west had a problem while playing there. Didnt believe it until i seen it- i believe anyone that plays fairland is going to have a problem unless the coaches take control of this unsportsman like behavior.

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

That is sad. From what I can gather, the players are not bad kids. They just need some leadership. This is just one of many problems (on the field & off) for this staff.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Codym2584 wrote:
There was a big miscue. We had no timeouts left and someone for fairland tried to call one. The refs gave it to us but didn't penalize us anything so they spotted the ball. No one on the sideline decided to change the sign from 3 to 4 so we all thought it was 3rd down. That's why fisher spiked it. Wasn't really the coaches fault.

Good thing this wasn't a close game. Why weren't they penalized? Because the refs thought the game was out of hand? What is that teaching those kids? YOu can break the rules and we won't call anything on you if you are winning or losing big.

Also, if the down marker wasn't changed on the sideline, then I would be finding me someone else to do it. What if they had been going for the tying or winning score? That could have been costly. They should always know what down it is. Was it not on the scoreboard what down it was?

Also, the cheap shots are uncalled for. Didin't a cheap shot cost a player from around here a shot at going on to play college ball. I think it was a team playing Portsmouth and the kid was taken out on an XP attempt in a blowout game.

Codym2584
Waterboy

Post by Codym2584 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Codym2584 wrote:

Good thing this wasn't a close game. Why weren't they penalized? Because the refs thought the game was out of hand? What is that teaching those kids? YOu can break the rules and we won't call anything on you if you are winning or losing big.

Also, if the down marker wasn't changed on the sideline, then I would be finding me someone else to do it. What if they had been going for the tying or winning score? That could have been costly. They should always know what down it is. Was it not on the scoreboard what down it was?

Also, the cheap shots are uncalled for. Didin't a cheap shot cost a player from around here a shot at going on to play college ball. I think it was a team playing Portsmouth and the kid was taken out on an XP attempt in a blowout game.
idk why the ref didnt penalize em anything. they even stopped the clock! but they were facing away from the scoreboard at the time so he didnt know. and they need to get a new chain crew for not even changing the sign. some people said the ref held up his hand like it was 3rd down. im not really sure what happened.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

could be the fault of the chain gang. if they are not wearing official "chain gang" t-shirts then they may be imposters. be ever vigilant for the fakes.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

RxBurgFan wrote:could be the fault of the chain gang. if they are not wearing official "chain gang" t-shirts then they may be imposters. be ever vigilant for the fakes.
It was so close to halftime, I think the official chain gang had left to go down to Hillbilly Hot Dogs for a mid game snack...

Return to “Football”