Rock Hill (0-3) @ Portsmouth West (3-0)

Native Blood
JV Team

Re: Rock Hill (0-3) @ Portsmouth West (3-0)

Post by Native Blood »

tl895 wrote:what's the deal with mc collister??? and do you think really the back up is THAT capable?
Jesse QB'd the jv last year and they only lost one game if I remember right. MCcollister should be back next week at Burg. He took a hard hit in the game against OH.

Go RED MEN
Ha-ni-gi gi-ga-ge a-ni-si-ga-ya

Take No Prisoners
a-gi-si-di tla a-hu-tsi

west football
Waterboy

Post by west football »

One more day tell the boys of fall come out again. I hope we don't come out flat like last week. This would be a good time to use are passing game more. It looks like they have tried to use it just not getting many plays because they score on just about every pass. I think Ratliff and Locher hooked up two or three times last week for TD's.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Roll over.......Yawn..........Back to sleep......

formerredman
Waterboy

Post by formerredman »

First off I don't know where you all get your information McCollister's a tough kid and he'll play this week. Secondly I think all you guys who are saying it won't be a game are ridiculous. If you remember right we had west beat last year till the fourth quarter and they had Pedelton then.

formerredman
Waterboy

Post by formerredman »

TIGERS90 wrote:I love the fact that Rock Hill isn't playing a cake schedule...but they also need to be realistic...why didn't the mccollister kid come to ironton or coal grove if he was that good...sounds like he really wasted his talent...

This may be the stupidest comment I've ever heard maybe you tigers don't know anything about it since you've always got players from other schools but its called LOYALTY and PRIDE!!

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

ummm.....West still has pendleton.

formerredman
Waterboy

Post by formerredman »

I know thats what I'm saying they were supposed to kill us last year to

Sgrebel_654
Waterboy

Post by Sgrebel_654 »

im saying west in this one 54-6 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

nativeblood wrote:
bucks fan wrote:I heard Mccolister isnt playing, any truth to this?[/qu
unfortunately yes, but their back up is very capable and quick too.

As if it really matters who starts? Either way, it's another RH loss.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

manwithplan wrote:
nativeblood wrote:
bucks fan wrote:I heard Mccolister isnt playing, any truth to this?[/qu
unfortunately yes, but their back up is very capable and quick too.

As if it really matters who starts? Either way, it's another RH loss.
careful you will po somebody off..... and yes pendleton is back and is a monster.....

knippswife
Waterboy

Post by knippswife »

formerredman wrote:
TIGERS90 wrote:I love the fact that Rock Hill isn't playing a cake schedule...but they also need to be realistic...why didn't the mccollister kid come to ironton or coal grove if he was that good...sounds like he really wasted his talent...

This may be the stupidest comment I've ever heard maybe you tigers don't know anything about it since you've always got players from other schools but its called LOYALTY and PRIDE!!
I am with formerredman on this. When I first read this the other day, I wan't going to respond to this post, but then hey, why not. McCollister really doesn't need to be "somewhere else" his talent has been recognized right out there at little old Rock Hill. Besides, we know Will can hand the ball off, why does he need to demonstrate this ability at Coal Grove or Ironton (no offense to any players or coaches I just mean those schools have a big running games and that works for them). Further, indicating Will should leave is bascially an insult to the team. These boys have played together for years and grew up together, I have no doubt that they will be just fine.
I have attended every game and although we have lost, the mistakes this young team is making are correctable. I believe people are associating RH's loss with the inability to play and this isn't the case. As redemen decrease turnovers and begin to fully execute plays, I just have to say look out!!

My Thought For The Day!
Finally, and forgive me if I offend anyone this isn't my intent. Schools and communities in this area such as Ironton, Coal Grove, Wheelersburg etc. have alot of pride in what they have bulit in their programs by winning and I think this is great. Kids play when team win and kids take pride in thier school and that says alot and I extend my respect to those programs. However other schools such as RH have a more difficult time with this because of the loss of really good athletes across all sports to different schools. Here is my thought - as a parent I want my chidren (all five) to be part of something and be proud of that. I want them to know that the value in building something prideful is much more rewarding and vaulable in life than moving on to something because it seems better at the moment. Afterall, what we learn as children and teenagers will shape the adults we become.

Niners_Faithful
Waterboy

Post by Niners_Faithful »

West wins big and on to 4-0.

sadie74
Waterboy

Post by sadie74 »

GO WEST!!! Good luck to all the Bricker boys & coaches.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

West 62
RH 0

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

RH should just forfiet the rest of their games.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

nativeblood wrote:
tl895 wrote:somebody get a doctor......
Have him visit the tigers on his way to portsmouth. :lol: may need some oxygen and fluids after chasin them tomcats :122245
Say what??? Who is it that "needs some oxygen and fluids" now??? Certainly NOT the Ironton Fighting Tigers who handled running AWAY pretty well - if that is the "tigers" you meant in your reference..

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

How is the kid from RH doing the West kids would like to know.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Hope te Miller kid is O.K. , we will be thinking of him.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

RedmenPirate wrote:Very unclassy move by WNXT to annouce that the "Precision Collision Play of the Game" was that which #85 Danny Miller was injured and the winner would recieve a free T-Shirt. Its like saying, "Great job for sending this child to the hospital, here's your T-shirt" These are kids out there and it is a very dangerous sport, but using an injury to advertise a business is complete unethical! It seems unsportsman-like that the stands reacted to that hit the way they did. However, in their defense, they did not know the boy was injured until after the reaction. WNXT made the announcement knowing the player was injured because the talked about the injury prior to the annoucement. If I were the business sponsoring this "award" I would seriously reconsider promoting it in the future.
I guess u didnt see or just dont want to recognize the fact that the west fans stood and cheered for the Miller boy as he left the field. Of course the fans reacted to the hit it was a good clean hit. There was nothing unsportsman-like about what happened. There was nothing but concern from the fans on the west side. Actually people were complaining because they didnt drive the squad onto the field to get him. As for WNXT they give a tee shirt away every week for big hits. I'm sure they weren't trying to make light of a young man who was injured.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

noles_fan wrote:
RedmenPirate wrote:Very unclassy move by WNXT to annouce that the "Precision Collision Play of the Game" was that which #85 Danny Miller was injured and the winner would recieve a free T-Shirt. Its like saying, "Great job for sending this child to the hospital, here's your T-shirt" These are kids out there and it is a very dangerous sport, but using an injury to advertise a business is complete unethical! It seems unsportsman-like that the stands reacted to that hit the way they did. However, in their defense, they did not know the boy was injured until after the reaction. WNXT made the announcement knowing the player was injured because the talked about the injury prior to the annoucement. If I were the business sponsoring this "award" I would seriously reconsider promoting it in the future.
I guess u didnt see or just dont want to recognize the fact that the west fans stood and cheered for the Miller boy as he left the field. Of course the fans reacted to the hit it was a good clean hit. There was nothing unsportsman-like about what happened. There was nothing but concern from the fans on the west side. Actually people were complaining because they didnt drive the squad onto the field to get him. As for WNXT they give a tee shirt away every week for big hits. I'm sure they weren't trying to make light of a young man who was injured.

Really.......are you serious with that post :shock: ??? You really need to put yourself in check....There was nothing unsportsmanship like about the hit or the radio giving the kid the t-shirt....which is done every week! Its part of the game and people get hurt in this sport....now there was nothing but class from the West players and the Fans...even the radio showed concern....so check yourself before you come on here running your mouth about stuff you don't know anything about!! Geeezzz!!! :roll:

Return to “Football”