Rock Hill (0-3) @ Portsmouth West (3-0)

QB4
Freshman Team

Re: Rock Hill (0-3) @ Portsmouth West (3-0)

Post by QB4 »

Oh so you can't reward a kid for doing something he is suppose to do.....because a kid got hurt....? Do you see how STUPID that sounds....?? I mean really....I'm sure the kid felt bad because the RH kid couldn't get up and was carted off the field....but for you to take the legitimate hit away from the West kid is what is stupid IMO!!! Why don't you just take the win away from the team while your at it....!!!! The radio was doing there job and it was by far the hit of the game! Anyhow...This West fan hopes for the best for the Miller kid!!

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

RedmenPirate wrote:You have to be a kid.....you definately don't have any. If your kid was carted from the field without anyone knowing the effects of the injury the last thing you would want to hear is a radio station giving away a free t-shirt for the big hit.....a coach giving the kid a helmet sticker would do wouldn't it? Sorry, but it is celebrating an injury by the RADIO STATION........

Really it doesn't matter what radio did.... it happened and we hope the kid is gonna be ok. But, if It was my son that it happened to and I didn't know the extents of the injury...I defiantly wouldnt be listening to the radio!! Just something to think about?? So.....to all RH fans, please let us know how the young man is when you can. Just make sure it is an ethical thing to post.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I am going to guess and hope for the young man that he just got his bell rung. He popped up after the hit and started to run off, so I would say and hope once again that there was no neck damage, just a knockout blow to the head. If you have ever taken a shot like that you go numb and can't use your legs very well and you see three of everything. At that point the medical and training staff will take all precautions to protect the players spinal cord just incase. I hope I am right and that he is OK.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Good win for the Senators over a struggling team in Rock Hill, but how embarrising to note starters were in the second half late and going for 2-pt conversion with a 60-0 lead, c'mon coach. Don't you Siders have any more players than the ones that start the game. I did see in the paper where a sophomore got two TD's and was great and I wasn't present at the game to see when the lines switched out to the 2nd and 3rd strings, but it is just crazy when that happens late in the game...I mean just take a knee, that is very respectful to the team your destroying.

bartdp
Waterboy

Post by bartdp »

I had to register just to answer this! The 1st team played until the last 3 minutes of the 3rd quarter. After that it was 2nd and 3rd team. Eleven (11) different kids carried the ball! Before making statements like that maybe you should check your sources! When the 2nd and 3rd teams play you have to let them play their best, they want to be noticed and work hard and should play their best! I thought at times the Rock Hill "O" line did very well as did their "D" line, and the quarterback is one of the better and more accurate passers. That said, how is the boy from Rock Hill that was injured any updates on his condition.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

mglight88 wrote:Good win for the Senators over a struggling team in Rock Hill, but how embarrising to note starters were in the second half late and going for 2-pt conversion with a 60-0 lead, c'mon coach. Don't you Siders have any more players than the ones that start the game. I did see in the paper where a sophomore got two TD's and was great and I wasn't present at the game to see when the lines switched out to the 2nd and 3rd strings, but it is just crazy when that happens late in the game...I mean just take a knee, that is very respectful to the team your destroying.
The starters were out on offense with 4 mins left in the 3rd on defense they finished the quarter 4th quarter was freshman an sophmores.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

mglight88 wrote:Good win for the Senators over a struggling team in Rock Hill, but how embarrising to note starters were in the second half late and going for 2-pt conversion with a 60-0 lead, c'mon coach. Don't you Siders have any more players than the ones that start the game. I did see in the paper where a sophomore got two TD's and was great and I wasn't present at the game to see when the lines switched out to the 2nd and 3rd strings, but it is just crazy when that happens late in the game...I mean just take a knee, that is very respectful to the team your destroying.
You should know the situation before you criticize. West worked on things all night. They could have beaten RH by 90 if they wanted to run the ball every play and run the score up. West did take a knee on their last drive. The JV offense played basically the whole fourth quarter. The last td came with alot of time left on the clock. He kept the first string D in a couple extra series because he has to get them work. You can't continally play your starters half a game and then expect them to be able to play a whole game. We probably have 2 more games like this in Chesapeake and Waverly before Minford in 3 weeks.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

If u were not at the game you shouldnt be making comments on what you dont know about. The starters started coming out in the 3rd quarter and by the end of the game you had a freshmen at QB who is third on the depth chart. And as far as the two point conversion goes how many schools have a JV kicker. Almost every schools JV squad goes for two and i'll tell you it is more humiliateing for the kids to have a team take a knee than go for the two points.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

My view as a RH fan....West did not run up the score. Good luck on your playoff run.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I still back my original thought by teams when you are winning big and the game is out of reach and late in the game, it is a slap in the face to go for 2 pt conversion to add to your score. That is all! Everyone is entitled to their thoughts. No axes to anyone.

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

mglight88 wrote:I still back my original thought by teams when you are winning big and the game is out of reach and late in the game, it is a slap in the face to go for 2 pt conversion to add to your score. That is all! Everyone is entitled to their thoughts. No axes to anyone.
Your point is gotten. Coach has read your post and decided to take a knee the next time they have a big lead!!!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

WestSportsFan wrote:
mglight88 wrote:I still back my original thought by teams when you are winning big and the game is out of reach and late in the game, it is a slap in the face to go for 2 pt conversion to add to your score. That is all! Everyone is entitled to their thoughts. No axes to anyone.
Your point is gotten. Coach has read your post and decided to take a knee the next time they have a big lead!!!

Oh!! Sorry....Almost forgot..Coach wanted your number in case we get in another jam, and not sure what we should do!!!
Thanks in advance mglight88, your wisdom is unmatched!!!!

Seriously- There is RH posters saying coach did'nt run up the score, Jv and freshmen played almost a quarter and a half, and
as you were already told there isn't any younger kids for PAT.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

You hear this argument everytime there is a big score, and the young guys go for 2....I think it's fine if its the JVs and freshman.....they work all week and get beat on by the varsity, they want to come in and play hard under the lights also.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

I believe the last 2 scores were made by our JV team and the first score by the JV I believe was against the RH Varsity. So if you take 16 points from 62 that leaves 46 pts. is that running up the Score. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway; Good effort by RH, I thought the QB was good Athlete among several others. You were up against a very good West Team that very well could make a deep Run in Playoffs this Year.
Great game West!!!!!!!!! Way to Go!!!!!!!!! On to next week and the same Intense type of Play!!!!!!!

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

mglight88 go have another one you dont have a clue what the #*^! your talking about.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

this is the way Tripp coaches,and this is the West plays,thats why he fits in so well down there.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

yes, thats the way west plays "to win" and hopefully we can play our JVs in a few more games like we have so far this year, when they get to play 1 1/2 quarters "against your varsity" it makes us that much deeper. We had 12 different boys who had positive rushing yards, that means we used our whole bench to just run the ball, guess we could have called on the 8th grade backs. If teams dont like being beat by big scores they need to figure ways to stop it. Last time I checked RH was the same size school as West. Going for 2 instead of 1 gave RH a chance to stop more scoring instead of the auto 1pt. If this game had been the other way, you RH fans "would not" be saying that your coach had run the score up

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Good win for West. Rock Hill has given up a lot of points already this year. There is not a mercy rule in football in Ohio. Teams need to see their players against someone else than their own players in practice. To not play hard while on the field is a way to get players hurt. Rock Hill fans should not like the score. Rock Hill needs to change their attitude and put more into improving on the football field along with other sports and classrooms.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

^^^Well put.....there is no mercy in highschool football....

Ragweed87
Waterboy

Post by Ragweed87 »

If ya cant stop em, dont schedule em!

Return to “Football”