Northwest (2-1) @ Notre Dame (1-2) (Sat)

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Re: Northwest (2-1) @ Notre Dame (1-2) (Sat)

Post by footballcrazy »

gwell, I can remember on your post last year it was "airraid" now your "runraid" is 1-2

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

footballcrazy wrote:gwell, I can remember on your post last year it was "airraid" now your "runraid" is 1-2
I still would like to see the Air Raid, and yes ND is 1-2.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

footballcrazy wrote:gwell, I can remember on your post last year it was "airraid" now your "runraid" is 1-2
The difference between 1-2 and 2-1 is not that much, especially when you compare schedules. This is exactly why Northwest is my favorite team to see get whomped, besides maybe the burg. :lol:

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Neither team will have any superstars by any means...but Northwest wins the numbers game with depth, and contradicting my own first statement one heck of a running back in luke brown.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

It will definitely be interesting to see, but I think people are underestimating Notre Dame a little bit, they have gotten beat by schools that were considerably larger than them. Africentric who is used to getting romped by bigger schools was a little too deep for the Titans and Greenup county had a lot of momentum, a lot of depth, and just a flat out better team...I believe Notre Dame will come into this game hungry and realize that if they are going to be a playoff team (which I feel they are) that they must win this game, because it would be tough to get in at 6-4 without having any wins that will give them any real points.

On the flipside people are starting to get excited about the Northwest program after they have won 2 in a row for the first time since probably around the 2000 season, this game is huge for the Northwest program, the biggest in the past few years, maybe the decade? If they get over the hump and beat these next two teams, they can roll into to Soc play with a shot at a .500 or winning season (I could see them beating Waverly) and who knows maybe it will invigorate the program? Hopefully there will be a big turnout and we will see a great game

The Game
Waterboy

Post by The Game »

sider wrote:It will definitely be interesting to see, but I think people are underestimating Notre Dame a little bit, they have gotten beat by schools that were considerably larger than them. Africentric who is used to getting romped by bigger schools was a little too deep for the Titans and Greenup county had a lot of momentum, a lot of depth, and just a flat out better team...I believe Notre Dame will come into this game hungry and realize that if they are going to be a playoff team (which I feel they are) that they must win this game, because it would be tough to get in at 6-4 without having any wins that will give them any real points.

On the flipside people are starting to get excited about the Northwest program after they have won 2 in a row for the first time since probably around the 2000 season, this game is huge for the Northwest program, the biggest in the past few years, maybe the decade? If they get over the hump and beat these next two teams, they can roll into to Soc play with a shot at a .500 or winning season (I could see them beating Waverly) and who knows maybe it will invigorate the program? Hopefully there will be a big turnout and we will see a great game

It will come down to who wants it the most in this game. The Titans have play-off hopes on the line. The Mohawks are getting close to conference play and are running out of non-league games that they can win (Don't think NW can beat Symmes Valley or Waverly).

In short, a Notre Dame loss will end there hopes for the play-offs, a Northwest loss means their looking at a 2 & 8 season.

The Titans will find a way to beat a much improved (but not there yet) Mohawk football team.

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Post by footballcrazy »

Playoffs ?? they better learn how to play defense and pass!!

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

Northwest will run the ball all over ND....another 200+ yd night for Brown!!

MOHAWK GP
Waterboy

Post by MOHAWK GP »

The kids are having fun, playing hard and they are fun to watch. Keep it up, Mohawks.

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Is Notre Dame's home field still Spartan Stadium or do they use Portsmouth's new facilities?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

1longtimeviking wrote:Is Notre Dame's home field still Spartan Stadium or do they use Portsmouth's new facilities?
No they are the sole inhabitants of Spartan Stadium

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

I have to agree with sider. I think these kids can end up with a .500 season if they stay healthy and focused. Notre Dame is a program with a history of success, so anytime you beat them it is a big deal. I think the Mohawks have a chance to help their ptogram grow with a win this weekend. Best of luck to the young men from McDermott!

1longtimeviking
Freshman Team

Post by 1longtimeviking »

Thanks, Sider.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Post by photo_electric_guy »

footballcrazy wrote:Playoffs ?? they better learn how to play defense and pass!!
Just what team do you pull for or are you just in the forums to aggravate?

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Post by footballcrazy »

Hey dont get your feelings hurt just call em like I see em!! The NY Buckeyes!! And the Oaks!! You had a great passer thee last 2 years and he is back and now your a run team that is getting ready to be 1-3 I was just wondering! you Catholics get your feelings hurt easy! Just talking foootball !! Go Bucks!! Go Oaks!!

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

Feelings are not hurt here. I would think that you would talk your trash on the forum post that your team is in (I'm guessing the Oaks) and not migrate to the ND posts. Maybe you have someone that you are trying to get a rise out of. Just a Guess though...

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Post by footballcrazy »

Man up and quit crying!

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

photo-electric-guy, footballcrazy may be wanting to get a rise out of the gwell.

photo_electric_guy
JV Team

I figured as much.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

I have friends on both sides of this one, however, I want to see NW win this one and I think they can behind the strong running of Luke Brown.

Return to “Football”