Northwest (2-1) @ Notre Dame (1-2) (Sat)

gwell
Freshman Team

Re: Northwest (2-1) @ Notre Dame (1-2) (Sat)

Post by gwell »

Let's end this. Eleven subs on both sides of the ball.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

tell all 11 defenders to key on Brown --make someone else beat you. ND does that and I don't think NW has that someone else to beat ND. BUT..... Brown has a big game then NW squeaks out a win. ND needs this one. MD

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Good luck to the Mohawks. It would be great for the rest of the SOC II teams for Northwest to come into league play at 3-2 with 11 second level points.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

NW 35
ND 18

I see a hard fought tough game with a late NW score to make the score look worse than it actually was.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Crab's brother wrote:Good luck to the Mohawks. It would be great for the rest of the SOC II teams for Northwest to come into league play at 3-2 with 11 second level points.
Has Symmes valley really improved that much since we beat them my senior year at NW (07-08). Or have they just patsied their schedule up? Not trying to start any trouble just curious

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

The Game wrote:
sider wrote:It will definitely be interesting to see, but I think people are underestimating Notre Dame a little bit, they have gotten beat by schools that were considerably larger than them. Africentric who is used to getting romped by bigger schools was a little too deep for the Titans and Greenup county had a lot of momentum, a lot of depth, and just a flat out better team...I believe Notre Dame will come into this game hungry and realize that if they are going to be a playoff team (which I feel they are) that they must win this game, because it would be tough to get in at 6-4 without having any wins that will give them any real points.

On the flipside people are starting to get excited about the Northwest program after they have won 2 in a row for the first time since probably around the 2000 season, this game is huge for the Northwest program, the biggest in the past few years, maybe the decade? If they get over the hump and beat these next two teams, they can roll into to Soc play with a shot at a .500 or winning season (I could see them beating Waverly) and who knows maybe it will invigorate the program? Hopefully there will be a big turnout and we will see a great game

It will come down to who wants it the most in this game. The Titans have play-off hopes on the line. The Mohawks are getting close to conference play and are running out of non-league games that they can win (Don't think NW can beat Symmes Valley or Waverly).

In short, a Notre Dame loss will end there hopes for the play-offs, a Northwest loss means their looking at a 2 & 8 season.

The Titans will find a way to beat a much improved (but not there yet) Mohawk football team.

Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs..you kiddin me? Playoffs?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

all-time athlete wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:Good luck to the Mohawks. It would be great for the rest of the SOC II teams for Northwest to come into league play at 3-2 with 11 second level points.
Has Symmes valley really improved that much since we beat them my senior year at NW (07-08). Or have they just patsied their schedule up? Not trying to start any trouble just curious
Symmes Valley will roll Northwest. Don't get cocky. I was at that game in Symmes Valley in 07 - ugliest game I've ever watched in my life between two bad, bad teams. Not even comparable to the teams that will face off next week.

pantherclawdefense
Freshman Team

Post by pantherclawdefense »

good luck northwest

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

thought about going to Chilli,,,but think I,ll take in this one high atop the levee :12224

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:Well, make up your mind! Geesh! lol

minds made up...going to the levee :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and your job is to text evetry now and then and let me know the chilly score.then I have em both covered :mrgreen:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

ND up 13-0 with 4:20 in the 1st...

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

13-2: stupid decision to try to run a punt ou of the endzone...

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

21-2, Titans; 2:38 2nd Qt

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

27-2 Titans; 1:10 2nd Qt

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

HALFTIME: Notre Dame 27, Northwest 2
ND playing great defense (fumble rec for TD), Hannah's doing his thing at QB (TD pass on 4th and 12), and Bradford has rushing TD. Northwest looks lost.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Can't wait for that Symmes Valley/Notre Dame game in a few weeks!
FIDO - are you at this one too? Come say "Hi"! Lol

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

End of the 3rd, still 27-2.
Time for this pilgrim to hit the trail back to the LC. Congrats to the Titans on their impending victory.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Final:
Northwest 2
Notre Dame 33

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

nw forgot to get off the bus. they played terribly . ND played pretty well . Good win for the SOC 1 . MD

gwell
Freshman Team

Post by gwell »

Big WIN for ND

Return to “Football”