Week 5 Monroe Central (3-1) @ Fort Frye (4-0)

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

selonmc
Varsity

Re: Week 5 Monroe Central (3-1) @ Fort Frye (4-0)

Post by selonmc »

EasternDspy wrote:I saw a group of boys who played super tough and left it all on the field.I even predicted FF to lose by 2 tds.To say they played awful is just wrong.This game was competitive.Both FF scores were great plays.The score was 14-21 going into the 4th.FF just doesn't have the numbers and they tend to wear down.MC will blowout every team in PVC.FF might be a favorite in every game the rest of the way.Congrats to Monroe and Jay
You're the only person who used the word awful. Everybody else is being complimentive toward Fort Frye while negative to MC. Didn't go to this game, but it does sound like MC left points off the board. Maybe that was a direct result of FF's defense. Can't wait to read the write up tomorrow.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Glad to see this one turned out about as predicted. Looks like MC is going to be a tough out in the playoffs once again....

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It wasent how you predicted at all fuzzhead.You said MC would roll???It was 21-14 going into the 4th.Yea MC moved the football but this was no blowout.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Last time I heard the 4th quarter counted. Plus all I read about is how few points FF has given up in the 4th quarter. Guess MC rolled in the 4th quarter. Maybe had the Cadets actually played somebody that required 4 quarters of football they would have known how to play 4 quarters.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Not using it as an excuse but FF played the game without both Dts.Wriston 340 andDixon 280 would have helped in the trenches.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I was actually at this game last night and I would have to agree with the assessment that Monroe Central did not play nearly as well as i've seen them in the first half. A few mistakes and turnovers that cost them a couple TD's, like others have pointed out. Stat wise, Monroe Central dominated this game. Believe it said they held Fort Frye to 50 yards rushing, while Central had like over 300 yards rushing. Fort Frye has some nice players, and you could tell they really played with intensity. Glad to see Huck doing well. The rest of the season should be pretty interesting. Congrats to MC on the win.

Also, looking down at the sidelines, I didn't see anyone close to coming in at 340. Just sayin.

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

EasternDspy wrote:Not using it as an excuse but FF played the game without both Dts.Wriston 340 andDixon 280 would have helped in the trenches.

Here's a 340 that may have helped the Cadets "D" a little Friday night.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Get a scale out 58 kid with a torn acl is 340

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

He's probably 340 pounds of lard. He might have done well for about 75% of the first quarter then would have been winded from moving laterally that we would have done nothing the rest of the game. Sorry if he's 340 lbs of muscle and moves quick and has stamina he'll be offered by OSU. I've seen these 300+ lb guys that plays with one hand on the back of their britches to keep them up.
Last edited by selonmc on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Exactly. If he's 340, he's not in shape, at all.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

He gets a lot of breaks and comes out on passing downs but the kid is a killer run stopper.His job is to take up as many blockers as possible so the Lbs are freed up.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

EasternDspy wrote:He gets a lot of breaks and comes out on passing downs but the kid is a killer run stopper.His job is to take up as many blockers as possible so the Lbs are freed up.
Well, I guess that he wasn't too effective, despite your cheerleading and overly optimistic build up of a teenager. MC ran for what, 320? So much for him being a "killer run stopper". Way to pour pressure onto a young, overweight kid trying to make a difference on the field. Turn the heat up just a little more, Kapono. If I were I FF parent I'd find you and shut you up. You just continue to make these poor kids targets for ridicule, with your overly incessant cheerleading, overaggerating, and frankly annoying banter about FF in any sport.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

No that kid was out and didn't play. That's why Fort lost.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Steely the kid didn't play, being from the same area as Eastern I have seen the kid around, he is athletic for his weight I will not confirm if he is 340 but I know he is a big kid and does well for the interior of their defensive line. As does the other kid that was out, here is the thing that I have seen on this particular message board especially from Steely. If Steely doesn't like a Coach or a poster then in terms it is "game on" no matter what the poster does it will always be a subject of ridicule by Steely. I will say Fort Frye was going to lose this game and Eastern never said they would win, he predicted a 2-3 touchdown loss. He never comes on here bringing down any player and fully supports his school. The one thing I don't like is Eastern has built the reputation around Fort Frye where the kids get the credit that they played "well" but MC made some mistakes. Well fellas that is football if you make mistakes and don't score the defense is executing and doing enough to hold water. A perfect example is the Dallas Cowboys right now, they are destroying in total yards per game but its their offensive miscues that are costing them victories. MC was dominate but they screwed up and FF executed on recovering the turnovers. It just gets a little old when somebody doesn't like a poster and they build some type of excuse on why MC didn't win by more. To me FF executed well enough to stay in the game but when the moments of where clutch play is important MC is a program built on expecting to win whereas FF is built on hoping to win currently that the expectaion will always beat hope. EVERY SINGLE darn TIME.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What did I say wrong beside cheering on my team??Why would parents tell me to shut up??I knew Monroe would win and I predicted that.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

amazinghocks wrote:Steely the kid didn't play, being from the same area as Eastern I have seen the kid around, he is athletic for his weight I will not confirm if he is 340 but I know he is a big kid and does well for the interior of their defensive line. As does the other kid that was out, here is the thing that I have seen on this particular message board especially from Steely. If Steely doesn't like a Coach or a poster then in terms it is "game on" no matter what the poster does it will always be a subject of ridicule by Steely. I will say Fort Frye was going to lose this game and Eastern never said they would win, he predicted a 2-3 touchdown loss. He never comes on here bringing down any player and fully supports his school. The one thing I don't like is Eastern has built the reputation around Fort Frye where the kids get the credit that they played "well" but MC made some mistakes. Well fellas that is football if you make mistakes and don't score the defense is executing and doing enough to hold water. A perfect example is the Dallas Cowboys right now, they are destroying in total yards per game but its their offensive miscues that are costing them victories. MC was dominate but they screwed up and FF executed on recovering the turnovers. It just gets a little old when somebody doesn't like a poster and they build some type of excuse on why MC didn't win by more. To me FF executed well enough to stay in the game but when the moments of where clutch play is important MC is a program built on expecting to win whereas FF is built on hoping to win currently that the expectaion will always beat hope. EVERY SINGLE darn TIME.
I'm going to make this incredibly simple. I don't like Kapono, period. I didn't like him on the puddle, and I certainly don't like him on here. If you posted on the puddle back in the day, you know his history over there. The moderators on this site are much more tolerant and forgiving of his antics.

Now, just a little history for you amazing. When he first joined preps, he came on here and said terrible things about the TVC (the hocking division in particular), and basically disparaged the programs and the kids. Then he'd disappear after the first week or two of football season and wouldn't be heard from until the next season. Since the puddle went pay to play, he's over on preps alot more. He made the decision to come on here when he first joined and be an arrogant, obnoxious horse's rear-end, and he pissed alot of people off from the TVC, including me. I won't forget it. So, when his beloved cadets play my alma mater, I ride him incessantly.

End of story.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

That is the other reason I respect Steely Dan he will be honest forever. If i recall awhile ago I remember Eastern making some racial comments on here.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I am not racist don't call me one.All I said was cousin is half black and he is fast.....P.S TVC Hocking is still awful.You can hate me all you want but it still don't change the fact that I said FF would get beat.Jay Circosta is a legend..Feel free to come talk to me anytime you want Dan. Also Wahama was a nice add.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Two years in a row, I've seen the same kinds of comments after this game. How many years in a row will Monroe Central "play badly" against Fort Frye. The Seminoles got EXACTLY the number of points they deserved in this game. IF they had played perfect football, then they'd have deserved more. But they didn't. They are high school kids and they have lapses and make mistakes and are human, just like every other high school kid in every other program in America. Mistakes and injuries are all part of the game. Take away all the excuses and it's still a 21 point ballgame.

Monroe Central is, and always has been, better than Fort Frye at football. Fort Frye has a lot of work to get 21 points closer to The Seminoles, but it's just 21 points, not 21 points, plus your imagination. Our team is headed in the right direction right now, so this year, I feel good about this outcome. Next year? We have awhile to work on that.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Outside of biddy leagues, there is no such thing as a "moral victory". Read this, if you haven't already, both of you..........

http://www.mariettatimes.com/page/conte ... l?nav=5025

Good for you, your team played better, and you feel that you moved the meter. Read the MC coaches comments in the thread that I've attached above. And the players comments. MC sucked Friday night, once again, according to the players and the coaches. That isn't my opinion, that is theirs.....

And the points they "deserved", you want to play that card, fine. When you use a word like that, you are talking about effort. So, I assume that you are saying that MC didn't put forth the effort to win by more than 21 points, correct?

Let's file that one away for your next trip to Woodsfield. You know where that is going to end up, right in front of the coaches.

Return to “Football”