Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

This will be the game of the week, no doubt!! Everything is on the line. If Oak Hill loses, they may not make the playoffs. If Minford can't win this one, look out when we get into the SOC II games.
I think the Falcons will be ready, this is what they worked so hard for all summer, Pay-backs for last year. Oak Hill cost us a chance at going 10 and 0 last year. And it's all this team has been thinking about. And, I don't care if it's Homecoming, or election day, or even Christmas, these boys are going to be fired up, and ready to play come Friday. I would say the biggest problem will be, making them settle down enough to get through the week. They won't sleep, and probably won't eat, all week.
I think my Falcons can pull this one out. I think the Coaches will find away to stop the pass, and shut down the run, of Oak Hill. If we can get our linebackers to work down the line, and not backwards, we will be able to contain the Oak Hill backs. And our D-fensive line has to really step up this week. I look for #2 to really shine for the Falcons, on D-fense.
Our O-fense has to just keep the ball rolling. For the last couple of weeks we have been able to do what ever we want, that won't happen this week. Hopefully, we can find what it takes to move the ball on the Oak's. It won't be easy, but we have a lot of weapons to choose from.
And don't forget; SPEED KILLS!!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

I am looking forward to Friday's game. I believe it features two of the top four teams in the SOC.(obviously along with West and Valley). Last year's game showed that they are basically equal, so it will come down to execution and turnovers. Best of luck to both teams. Also, for Oak Hill, it is not a do or die game. They will comfortably make the playoffs at 9-1.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Dean wrote:I am looking forward to Friday's game. I believe it features two of the top four teams in the SOC.(obviously along with West and Valley). Last year's game showed that they are basically equal, so it will come down to execution and turnovers. Best of luck to both teams. Also, for Oak Hill, it is not a do or die game. They will comfortably make the playoffs at 9-1.

Looking at how many points it will take to break the top 8 in Region 19, one of the most competitive regions in the state as far as points, they will not waltz in at 9-1. You can take that to the bank.

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Good luck trying to stop the run, I don't see it happening. Kinda gets old listening to the speed kills thing, Oak Hill has went up against backs that were faster and were more physical than your speed guys, so I think we will be alright. Osbourne from Wellston is just as fast and more physical than your two speed backs and he was held in check this past Sat. and the same goes for Shank from Burg he was held I think under 50yds. That speed is only good if you are in the open field and running a straight line, Oak Hill's defense is alot better than some people think. This game will be won in the trenches and Oak Hill's lines will eventually just wear Minford down.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

WOW!!!!! :122246 :122246 Back to back to back tough games for the Falcons. This week the Oaks, then next week the Burg at Burg and then the next West at home. Could pretty much make or break the Falcons playoff wise. Win all 3, definetly in. Win 2, should still be in. Lose 2, will need help. Lose all 3, watching the playoffs this year. Really don't see Minford overlooking the Oaks and looking ahead to next weeks Burg game(even though it means more to them to beat the Burg then the Oaks. ;-) ;-) )

This is going to be a tough one to pick in the contest. Haven't seen either one of them play, but sounds like Minford has the speed and OH has the size.. If OH can keep the ball out of Minford's hands, then that speed does you no good on offense.

Definetly the game of the week.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Minford has been playing very well the last few weeks and are still improving every game. I know they have been waiting for this game ever since last year. Their speed is off the charts, wellston has some speed but if you ask their fans I would bet most of them will admit they weren't even close to ours, sure looked that way when Butcher went 80 yards right past them an no one laid a finger on him. The 4x100 team also beat wheelersburg at their track in a meet, so no I don't think the Oaks have seen speed like ours this year. As far as the wheelersburg game meaning more than this one, that might be true most years but not this year. The Falcons want this game as bad as any game they've ever wanted, that will probably be the difference in the game. I'm looking forward to a great game friday, huge crowd and a playoff atmosphere. The winner of this game may well be the favorite to win the region this year. Of course being a Minford fan I think the Falcons will win this game, I'm looking forward to friday.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:WOW!!!!! :122246 :122246 Back to back to back tough games for the Falcons. This week the Oaks, then next week the Burg at Burg and then the next West at home. Could pretty much make or break the Falcons playoff wise. Win all 3, definetly in. Win 2, should still be in. Lose 2, will need help. Lose all 3, watching the playoffs this year. Really don't see Minford overlooking the Oaks and looking ahead to next weeks Burg game(even though it means more to them to beat the Burg then the Oaks. ;-) ;-) )

This is going to be a tough one to pick in the contest. Haven't seen either one of them play, but sounds like Minford has the speed and OH has the size.. If OH can keep the ball out of Minford's hands, then that speed does you no good on offense.

Definetly the game of the week.
Oh they wont be looking ahead to Burg. Oak Hill is better than Burg anyways, so they are focused on this week.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

I have seen both teams play Wellston. This game will come down to line play on both sides of the ball and I think OH has a big advantage. OH pulls out a close win 27-20. This prediction goes out the window if OH turns the ball over more than once.

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

I'd like to see an SOCII WIN this Week But the way OH shut Shank down I just can't see it Happening. I think Slone's Passing Game will be the Difference this Week. GO FALCONS!!!!!!! BUT !!!!!!! I Think it will be-
OH BY a TD. JMO

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

I have no dog in this fight, but I don't see why everybody thinks this is a do or die game for Oak Hill. It's simple math. Do it. 9-1 Oak Hill will have around 20.5 pts. I don't see how the 8th place team in Region 19 will have more than 20.5 when in a typical year it has 14.5.

PARALYZER
Waterboy

Post by PARALYZER »

This is the last game in oak hills road to the soc 1 championship. They will bring all they got into Minford friday night. Minford wanting to revenge the loss from last year. I think this will be the game of the year possibly. I know the season is still early but both teams have alot to prove. After being able to see the oaks live last week I was kinda impressed with the size and pride this team had. Minford threw a few new wrinkles out of the playbook against Meigs. Dont know if they were bluffing the oaks in attendance or if they have been holding back this season. Should be a good one.

Minford 35
Oaks 28 in ot

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Oak Hill wants this game just as much as Minford. I feel the Oaks were not playing up to their potential Saturday against Wellston.

Oak Hill by 2 TDs.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

I saw both teams in the playoffs last year, and I can tell you that Oak Hill was the WAY more physical team. That means nothing this year though. I have seen neither team yet this year, so I don't really know who is the favorite. I'll just take a guess and say Oak Hill by a TD or less.

2013FALCON
Waterboy

Post by 2013FALCON »

It's gonna be a close one and Minford will have to work hard for this victory. Minford has alot of speed, but if our line doesn't rise to the challenge then it could be trouble. Minford's defense is good, but they will need to be better than any other game they have played so far.

Go Falcons!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Everyone on here keeps saying shank is one of the two best backs in the area. So if that is the case and oak hill held him to under 50 yards rushing I dont think they have anything to worry about. So everyone argument about speed kills is null and void. It seems the consenseus i have read is shank speed is what makes him the best back. So either everyone is wrong about shanks speed or Oak Hill dont have to worry about minfords speed

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Oaks by 2 TD's

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg vs OH was a one time game. Minford vs OH is a rivalry played every year. Shank has nothing to do with this other than he ran two kickoffs for TDs. HAHA. OH was impressive in their win vs Burg. Our defense was non existant vs their counter treys and quick outs to their wide receivers. Minford has seen the Oaks. They will be ready. Minford just has to adjust to losing a stud group of players and focus on playing a stud group of players coming back for OH. Its at Minford, great crowd, very noisy, great venue. Toss up for the winner. Keep it clean, no injuries, no excuses after the game! Two great teams going at it! WOW!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

noles_fan wrote:Everyone on here keeps saying shank is one of the two best backs in the area. So if that is the case and oak hill held him to under 50 yards rushing I dont think they have anything to worry about. So everyone argument about speed kills is null and void. It seems the consenseus i have read is shank speed is what makes him the best back. So either everyone is wrong about shanks speed or Oak Hill dont have to worry about minfords speed
You see, that is the difference. When Oak Hill played The Burg, they just had to shut down one running back, that's it, they have nothing else. Minford has three backs that can take it to the end zone on any play, and have proved it. And a QB that can run just as fast, as well as pass the ball.
You can key on our big back, Slone #15, and that's what I would do. Please key on #15, that will make him the happiest kid on the field!!!
Because if you do, there's no doubt we will win. The other backs, and QB, will burn you alive!!!!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

demaniac1 wrote:Burg vs OH was a one time game. Minford vs OH is a rivalry played every year. Shank has nothing to do with this other than he ran two kickoffs for TDs. HAHA. OH was impressive in their win vs Burg. Our defense was non existant vs their counter treys and quick outs to their wide receivers. Minford has seen the Oaks. They will be ready. Minford just has to adjust to losing a stud group of players and focus on playing a stud group of players coming back for OH. Its at Minford, great crowd, very noisy, great venue. Toss up for the winner. Keep it clean, no injuries, no excuses after the game! Two great teams going at it! WOW!

Good post

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

These two Sr. classes have had some classic match-ups in Football and Basketball for years. They’ve played against each other in Pee Wee tourneys, YMCA leagues, Gus Mackers, and different school affiliated events. They have always been close games and good friendly rivals. I personally am going to miss these two classes competing against each other once they graduate.

OK with all that mushy stuff being said let’s get to Friday’s matchup. Falcon fans have been waiting on this game since the play-off loss to Ridgewood. Oak fans are looking to prove once again that they belong by knocking off one of the areas better programs in recent years. The atmosphere will be exciting and it will be a great night for high school football.

One thing I’ve observed from watching the Oaks and the Falcons that nobody has mentioned thus far is depth and conditioning. I noticed during the Wellston game that the big Oak Hill line was starting to wear down during the end of the third quarter. They are big and strong, but most of them are playing both ways and it takes a lot of energy to move those big bodies. Wellston started moving the ball on them as the game wore on.

If this game is close down the stretch, like many of us expect it to be, the advantage could go to the Falcons with a slightly deeper roster and a smaller yet quicker and better conditioned line.

Return to “Football”