Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Post by wobycat »

noles_fan wrote:Everyone on here keeps saying shank is one of the two best backs in the area. So if that is the case and oak hill held him to under 50 yards rushing I dont think they have anything to worry about. So everyone argument about speed kills is null and void. It seems the consenseus i have read is shank speed is what makes him the best back. So either everyone is wrong about shanks speed or Oak Hill dont have to worry about minfords speed
Schank had over 250 all purpose yards on OH. It doesn't matter how he got them.

Go Falcons!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

CalPreps projection 9/21/10:

Oak Hill (OH) at Minford (OH), 7:30pm [projection: Minford (OH) 21-19]

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

As the great Woody Hayes once said in a pre game speech..."The team that comes out the fastest, hits the hardest and plays the smartest will win the game.....if we can do those three things men, then we cannot lose!!!" GO Big Red!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

noles_fan wrote:Everyone on here keeps saying shank is one of the two best backs in the area. So if that is the case and oak hill held him to under 50 yards rushing I dont think they have anything to worry about. So everyone argument about speed kills is null and void. It seems the consenseus i have read is shank speed is what makes him the best back. So either everyone is wrong about shanks speed or Oak Hill dont have to worry about minfords speed

Well that's just one weapon Oak Hll had to worry about with W'burg and Shankweiler. Just like Wellston, all they had was Osbourne, if Prater was in the mix it would have ben more interesting. It's not so to hard to key on one player if that's all they really have. However with Minford, they have 6 players by the names of: Butcher, Piguet, Lloyd, Slone, Gaines, and Snyder that if they get a step on you, they're gone. 3 of the 6 were state finalists in the 4x100 and Snyder at WR/CB is quicker than them all.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Turnovers, Penalties, and Execution will decide this game....I think Minford is well rested after sitting their starters for most of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter last week, and Oak Hill is rolling right now. Im already excited for this one!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I just hope that for the next 3 games we have crews that let the boys settle it on the field and only call the stuff that needs to be called.

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Track is a little different than football, especially when you'll have all that beef running at you. Minford can keep that speed, because Oak Hill is the better football team. Oak Hill 35-14.

pirates09
Waterboy

Re: Week 4 Oak Hill @ Minford

Post by pirates09 »

jungle cat wrote:A big homecoming game for the Falcons and I think the Falcons will step up to the plate swinging for the fence and hit and hit hard. I can see the 2010 SOC II Champs winning this one as well. Minford is blessed with a lot of speed, and they weight program as added strength. Minford is coached very well and will have the player prepared. I do look for this to be a very physical game with two of the area top offensive going at it. But I think the Falcons Defensive will step up and win this game for the Minford Falcons. :mrgreen:
I think its a little early to be deciding who the SOC II champs are because last time i checked league play hasnt even started and until Minford, Valley and West play some real teams in the first 2 or 3 weeks then don't toot your horn on how good or bad a team is. Last time i checked Burg played Ironton, Oak Hill, and Portsmouth in the first 3 weeks before we had what some would say a "easy game." After this week the Burg will be more then ready for the Falcons.

Oak Hill will pass whenever they want to on Minford and you guys won't be able to do anything about it. I feel that Minford will contain the running game and hold Oaks to 150 rushing yards...but their passing game is brutal and i see them hitting 300 passing yards.

Oak Hill 42
Minford 28

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

MuletownManiac wrote:As the great Woody Hayes once said in a pre game speech..."The team that comes out the fastest, hits the hardest and plays the smartest will win the game.....if we can do those three things men, then we cannot lose!!!" GO Big Red!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ps_7MFIWSQ

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

pirates09 wrote:
jungle cat wrote:A big homecoming game for the Falcons and I think the Falcons will step up to the plate swinging for the fence and hit and hit hard. I can see the 2010 SOC II Champs winning this one as well. Minford is blessed with a lot of speed, and they weight program as added strength. Minford is coached very well and will have the player prepared. I do look for this to be a very physical game with two of the area top offensive going at it. But I think the Falcons Defensive will step up and win this game for the Minford Falcons. :mrgreen:
I think its a little early to be deciding who the SOC II champs are because last time i checked league play hasnt even started and until Minford, Valley and West play some real teams in the first 2 or 3 weeks then don't toot your horn on how good or bad a team is. Last time i checked Burg played Ironton, Oak Hill, and Portsmouth in the first 3 weeks before we had what some would say a "easy game." After this week the Burg will be more then ready for the Falcons.

Oak Hill will pass whenever they want to on Minford and you guys won't be able to do anything about it. I feel that Minford will contain the running game and hold Oaks to 150 rushing yards...but their passing game is brutal and i see them hitting 300 passing yards.

Oak Hill 42
Minford 28
42-28? Throwing all over the field? Just who do you think the Oaks are playing this week?

THE BURG???

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

not hard to throw all over someone when you stay in a 5-2 with corners ten yards deep. I hope minford doesn't do that!!!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

A 5-2 cover 2 such as Wburg runs is the very worse defense you can run against a passing team with a decent O-Line. You rely so much on your pass rush that if any QB has time to step up in the pocket, he will pick you apart such as the case in burg at Oak Hill. And, if you are placing your CBs 10 yards off the ball and rolling down your SS for a 5-3 look cover 3, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the 7 yard out route will be there all night. If burg was running a 5-2 cover 2 and placing the CBs 10 yards off the LOS, heck ever a Jr High QB could complete the 7 yd out route all night, and that's exactly what the Oaks did.

Minford's defense is very complex as far as to rolling coverages and zone schemes and will keep the Oaks guessing all night as to what defense they're really in.
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

Bleeding Red wrote:
pirates09 wrote:

Oak Hill 42
Minford 28
42-28? Throwing all over the field? Just who do you think the Oaks are playing this week?

THE BURG???

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slone is a great QB that throws into all kinds of coverage and somehow his receivers catch the perfectly thrown football. All im goin to say is have fun and see you next week.

Good Luck to both teams

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Oh I have suspicion that Minford will be up to the task. Dont be a hater cause some of the Pirates got stuffed with crow after they played the Oaks!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

LET'S GO OAKS!

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

The Oaks remain unbeaten
Oak Hill 28
Minford 21

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

That was my guess !
But I believe it`s Minford on top.

forward
Waterboy

Post by forward »

I would really like to see Minford win but it is not going to happen this year..... Slone and Hale remember the beatdown you gave them as Freshman and Sophmores, guesse what........time for payback.
There is no pressure on the Oaks as then get in the playoffs easy at 9-1. And Falcons track season is in the spring and you will likely win the meet. But friday night is football and you O-line is going to be exposed, it doesnt matter how fast you are when you get hit as soon as you get the ball. The Oaks win this one by 2 or 3 TD's

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Minford 36
Oak Hill 20

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to the Oaks and Falcons on there AP rankings this should be a fun game to watch. Good luck to the Falcons we will see you in a couple of weeks.PROUD TO BE A WEST SIDER

Return to “Football”