Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 5 Oak Hill @ Minford

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

hummm getting hit soon as u get the ball...haha.. does RIDGEWOOD ring a bell..I think they where track runners playing football...

PARALYZER
Waterboy

Post by PARALYZER »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDuwKVf9vZY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nZoBQt9xaU

just a little bit of oak hill scouting for those who have not seen them in action this year.

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

noles_fan wrote:Everyone on here keeps saying shank is one of the two best backs in the area. So if that is the case and oak hill held him to under 50 yards rushing I dont think they have anything to worry about. So everyone argument about speed kills is null and void. It seems the consenseus i have read is shank speed is what makes him the best back. So either everyone is wrong about shanks speed or Oak Hill dont have to worry about minfords speed
Surely you can see that it is a lot easier to cover one fast dude as compared to 4 or 5 who can fly? Minford's speed vs. Shank is not the same.

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

Did Wellston QB Prater play ..Did not look like him..in the video. he also plays LB from what i hear??

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

No Prater did not play he is the Qb / Linebacker.

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

Thanks, boilermaker was just watching the you tube vid..that was posted....

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Minford fans got all over the Burg fans for the stuff they were saying before their Oak Hill game. Now I got on here and thought I was reading all Burg fans comments all over again.

Good luck to both teams. I hope that this game lives up to all of the hype. It will be hard for Oak Hill to go into Minford and pull out a win but I have faith in them. Westen Hale will have another big night for the Oaks.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Vladimir wrote:
noles_fan wrote:Everyone on here keeps saying shank is one of the two best backs in the area. So if that is the case and oak hill held him to under 50 yards rushing I dont think they have anything to worry about. So everyone argument about speed kills is null and void. It seems the consenseus i have read is shank speed is what makes him the best back. So either everyone is wrong about shanks speed or Oak Hill dont have to worry about minfords speed

Well that's just one weapon Oak Hll had to worry about with W'burg and Shankweiler. Just like Wellston, all they had was Osbourne, if Prater was in the mix it would have ben more interesting. It's not so to hard to key on one player if that's all they really have. However with Minford, they have 6 players by the names of: Butcher, Piguet, Lloyd, Slone, Gaines, and Snyder that if they get a step on you, they're gone. 3 of the 6 were state finalists in the 4x100 and Snyder at WR/CB is quicker than them all.
You all need to reread my original post the point was if ur backs are so fast why is it that all everyone wants to talk about is Schankweiler. I've went back and read through alot of posts and he seams to be one of the big topics on here. So maybe you need to start talking your kids up a little more.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

He's all they really have to talk about there, if you took him off the team they'd be a 4-6 team. Just like with Wellston as the Osbourne kid will be keyed on all night beacuse there is no threat from Prater.

FYI, The Minford kids, as individuals, don't need to be talked up, they know what kind of talent they have as a TEAM and they'll do their talking on the field.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Just saw where Minford and Oak Hill are both ranked in the top ten in the State.....That pretty incredible folks, southern Ohio football is starting to get some recognition and I for one am very proud of our local teams, and I'm super pumped to watch these two Powerhouses do battle Fri. night.

To think that this game that didnt mean much just a few years ago, is now a premiere game in the State of Ohio, with Big Ten scouts in attendance is something incredible!

Good Luck and Good Health to both teams

but most of all GO BIG RED!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I heard on the radio that Minford is having a boneless wing dinner by the soccer field before the game. I thought I heard them say it was $10. Does anyone else have any details? Do we need to buy tickets for this in advance?

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

Hope MINFORD has plenty of parking... this is the GAME OF THE WEEK..

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

DIVISION V
1, Youngs. Ursuline (22) 4-0 292
2, Versailles (3) 4-0 243
3, Hamler Patrick Henry (1) 4-0 191
4, Kirtland 4-0 160
5, Cuyahoga Hts. (1) 4-0 144
6, Richwood N. Union (2) 4-0 143
7, Minford (2) 4-0 109
8, Oak Hill (1) 4-0 87

9, Anna 3-1 56
10, Archbold 4-0 52

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, W. Jefferson 48. 12, Collins Western Reserve 38. 13, W. Lafayette Ridgewood 32. 14, Fredericktown 27. 15, Defiance Tinora 26. 16, Cardington-Lincoln 23. 17, Cin. Summit Country Day 18. 18, Lucasville Valley 13.

http://www2.counton2.com/sports/2010/se ... ar-825449/

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Although I dont put much stock into the AP Polls, it is a breath of fresh air that teams south of Columbus and east of Cincy are getting some recognition.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Why isn't this game being played on Saturday? If this game was being played on saturday, imagine the crowd. Why don't they play it on saturday and move the game to Jackson so that more fans can come and watch and they have plenty of parking. How come? How come? How come it isn't on saturday??????

LOL. Sorry, had to put this on here because it seems like everytime there is a big game like this, that is all you hear. See it on here every year before the Burg-Ironton game.

This will come down to who controls the LOS and who keeps the turnovers down and also whoever has the most points on the board at the end of the game. :122245 :122245

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Bleeding Red...yes the tickets are $10...I got mine off Marsha Justice. I am sure she has some left. I can shoot her a text and ask her. Let me know!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

crazee-oakaholic wrote:Bleeding Red...yes the tickets are $10...I got mine off Marsha Justice. I am sure she has some left. I can shoot her a text and ask her. Let me know!
Please do. I would probably need one for me and another 2 for a buddy of mine and his son.

Please let me know if we need to pre-purchase them.

Thanks!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

I would say you can get them there but I will find out.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

this should bea dandy

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Minford in a close one.

Return to “Football”