Week 5 - Warren (3-1, 0-1) @ Jackson (3-1, 1-0)

Who wins the Apple Bowl?

Total votes: 0

ironmen1987
SE

Re: Week 5 - Warren (3-1, 0-1) @ Jackson (3-1, 1-0)

Post by ironmen1987 »

Jackson seems to stuggle against good passing teams as it takes away from the power football we prefer to play but ball control can help take that out of the equation. These boys are playing with a renewed energy since week one and i'm not about to bet against them as long as they continue to come in prepared to play. JHS 41-27

whsbeernuts04
Freshman Team

Post by whsbeernuts04 »

with Athens win.... Warren moved up three spots i believe to 17th in the region...... if they win this game it will help them out tremendously..... one win moved them two spots..... imagine winning this game AND picking up 3 jackson wins along with that...... this will help a ton!

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

Jackson at home will be hard to beat. I'll take Jackson by 2td's

Trojan_fan
Waterboy

Post by Trojan_fan »

Warren is coming off of a tough loss at Portsmouth and will really be focused in this game but I have to go with Jackson at home.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I'll deffinatly take Jackson by two td's on this one like everybody says the week 1 lose to wellston lit a fire in Jackson scoring no less than 42 points in the past three games and clay Arthur,drew Ervin, and Tyson mcnelly have really stepped up clay had 4 td's last week I see them keeping the ball moving and I do not have any worries about warrens passing game Jackson has a young Corner Alec Osborne who is always there on pass coverage I see him being a big factor on D for the ironmen

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Coming off a HUGE win against Logan, coupled with the fact that it's Apple Festival week, Jackson must stay completely focused on the task at hand. I haven't watched Warren play for a quite a while, especially since they were off the schedule for a couple years, but they are a much improved football team. They did suffer a tough loss last week at Portsmouth where they turned the ball over a lot, but I think they'll probably put together a much better effort this week. They know that they can't afford another loss if they want to keep their SEOAL title aspirations alive, so I'm sure they'll bring their "A" game to Alumni Stadium.

It appears that Warren has a pretty high-powered passing attack with their young QB, Leffingwell, and several talented receivers. I think one of the strengths of Jackson's defense this season is their secondary, but they did give up a couple long passes to Logan last week. The Jackson DBs weren't out of position, but they allowed the Logan WRs to make a couple great plays on the ball. If the Ironmen DBs can limit the big plays, I think they'll be in good shape against the Warriors. It's always nice to have a pass rush to help out the secondary, so hopefully the defensive front can get after Leffingwell too.

Jackson's offense seems to be firing on all cylinders. The offensive line is controlling the line of scrimmage, and opening up holes for what I believe to be two of the best RBs in the area in Klay Arthur and Drew Ervin. Kip Winchester has been very solid at the QB position as well, and he's keeping defenses honest, making big plays in the passing game at opportune times. I look for Jackson to give Warren a steady dose of their running attack this week, and if the Ironmen can run the football successfully, I think they'll be able to play a ball control type game, while continuing to put up points as they have the last three weeks.

I would expect a competitive game on Friday night at Alumni Stadium. Jackson needs to build off the Logan win and get another SEOAL victory. Six wins to a league title...one down, five to go. The next step is Warren.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Tackling fundamentals is the key this week for the Warriors. Taking better persuit angles to compensate for speed. Better to give some than chase from behind. Getting back to gang tackling also, would be a big benifit. Lots of Warriors around the ball in first three games, not so many at P-Town. Taking nothing away from Portsmouth. They played a solid football game, had leffingwell well scouted as well as stuffing the running game well. He would have benifited from his receivers becoming d-backs when the defender stepped in front of them. Also seemed like the soph was locked on a receiver and stared him down the field. Makes defensive backs look great when all they have to do is watch his eyes. But in defense of Leffingwell he is only a sophomore and will only get better with experience. He seems to be growing up fast in the QB spot. Warren can win this game, need to be fired up from the opening play and put together a full four quarters of football and they can come home with win number 4.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Anyone know the results of Jackson's 8th grade game against Athens and 9th grade game against Coal Grove last night?

What about the JV game at Logan on Monday?

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan won the JV game with Jackson 20-6.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Auburntgrfan, I get fundamentals, blah, blah, technical blah, It's BARLOW FAIR WEEKEND, forget bobbing for apples, how can YOU NOT play great football when its BARLOW FAIR WEEKEND??!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

JACKSON BY 2 TDS.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Some of the score predictions are puzzling......... Ptown gave up how points to Warren? Ptown has struggled early this season on defense. Jackson, to this point, has shown a stronger d than ptown. With that said I will predict 34 - 6 Jackson.

Blazer83
Riding the Bench

Post by Blazer83 »

Jackson 50, Warren 17

Bigbadbluedad
Waterboy

Post by Bigbadbluedad »

until Warrens offensive line begins to block and allow our running backs to run the ball the opponents defense will continue to load the secondary and force us to throw into double coverage...(ie: portsmouth 7 men in the secondary) Our running backs are good enough to run but cannot without blocking. Our defensive line must start turning the plays inside to prevent the long gains outside.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Looks like there's a chance of rain tomorrow night during most of the game. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but if it does, it could definitely be a factor in the passing game.

After reading the preview for the game, it seems as though Coach Hall is concerned with Warren's size. It's a rare occasion this season for Jackson to face offensive and defensive fronts that are actually bigger than them, so that could be very interesting. The fact that Warren's receivers are much taller than the Jackson DBs could also be something to watch.

I'm still confident, though, that if Jackson takes care of the football and is able to get the ground game going, they should win this game. Gotta put the big win from last week behind them and get hungry for a win again. BEAT WARREN!!!

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

jackson wins by whatever they want..........

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I have had the opportunity to talk with a couple of the ironmen this week and they are very hungry for this win it's the apple bowl for cry outloud they are bound and deternined as ever they know what has to be done and they deffinatly have the talent to do so Jackson is big fast and explosive no matter if it special teams offense or defense.
Jackson ironmen football getcha sum

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I have had the opportunity to talk with a couple of the ironmen this week and they are very hungry for this win it's the apple bowl for cry outloud they are bound and deternined as ever they know what has to be done and they deffinatly have the talent to do so Jackson is big fast and explosive no matter if it special teams offense or defense.
Jackson ironmen football getcha sum

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

what was the final on this?

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

42-7 jackson, not even a contest, warren very small compared to jackson, warren needs to get in the tvc, they cannot compete with in seoal. in football but in all other sports they can. leave every sport in seoal but football and let the football team play the tvc conf.

Return to “Football”