Week 5 - Chesapeake at West

Who wins

Total votes: 0

michiganfanlafon
Waterboy

Re: Week 5 - Chesapeake at West

Post by michiganfanlafon »

chesapeake will be the best 0-5 team in the state lol... i agree they will compete well in the ovc

Ragweed87
Waterboy

Post by Ragweed87 »

West by about 60...

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

I look for West to fine tune there passing game in this one

west football
Waterboy

Post by west football »

West by whatever they want it to be. I to hope they work on there passing game a little bit. Last week they were off just a little bit on the long passes. There were a couple deep balls that were overthrown by just a yard or two. With the speed we got in are lineup its going to take a very good team to stop are deep game when we are on. That has been seen a little bit this season but still needs tobe worked on a little.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

Wonder why West doesn't play Coal Grove? They play all the other OVC schools don't they?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Coal Grove usually has gotten the better of West over the years, but West would trounce them this year. Coal Grove would have beaten them last year, IMO. This year, West looks like a serious contender for a regional title, but we'll really see what they're made of when the conference slate rolls around...
Peake will win some games, but for now I think the 2nd-best team in the OVC is Fairland.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

I didn't remember CG and West ever playing? Haven't seen CG play this year, but have seen West. They are the REAL DEAL. I look for another Big win this week.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

They haven't played for a long time - since the mid or late 90s. CG is like 11-5 against them all-time.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

fuzzhead wrote:They haven't played for a long time - since the mid or late 90s. CG is like 11-5 against them all-time.

I know they didn't play in the mid-late 90's. I don't ever remember them playing

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Yes they did - I was there. Last time they played (Im pretty sure it was either '95 or '96) Coal Grove beat them like 26-21. I'll look it up when I get home. If you'd like to bet money on it, I'd be willing to lay as much on the table as you wanna put up. Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya punk? Haha

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

west football wrote:West by whatever they want it to be. I to hope they work on there passing game a little bit. Last week they were off just a little bit on the long passes. There were a couple deep balls that were overthrown by just a yard or two. With the speed we got in are lineup its going to take a very good team to stop are deep game when we are on. That has been seen a little bit this season but still needs tobe worked on a little.
Yes, we had a couple deep balls overthrown. But we need to catch the ones that hit our hands. I counted 4-5 dropped passes. We correct this, and have better timing on the long passes. And with our running game, we,ll be hard to beat.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

iluvlucy wrote:Wonder why West doesn't play Coal Grove? They play all the other OVC schools don't they?
We only get to play 5 non-conference games :roll:

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

fuzzhead wrote:Yes they did - I was there. Last time they played (Im pretty sure it was either '95 or '96) Coal Grove beat them like 26-21. I'll look it up when I get home. If you'd like to bet money on it, I'd be willing to lay as much on the table as you wanna put up. Do ya feel lucky? Well do ya punk? Haha

West played them in '97 at CG and got beat 26-21, I was on the field.....

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

noles_fan wrote:
iluvlucy wrote:Wonder why West doesn't play Coal Grove? They play all the other OVC schools don't they?
We only get to play 5 non-conference games :roll:
Yea, but why not drop one of the other OVC teams and pick CG back up? Just a thought, I understand CG is better contender each year for top in OVC??? :?: Could be a better game anyway?

earp
S

Post by earp »

So will Triplett go for 2 this week with a 60-0 lead?Nothing againist West fans here I like you guys but thats crazy!That will come back to bite ya one of these years when the tables are turned!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

earp wrote:So will Triplett go for 2 this week with a 60-0 lead?Nothing againist West fans here I like you guys but thats crazy!That will come back to bite ya one of these years when the tables are turned!
I asked the same question but I got a very good answer why.

The extra point team was on the bench with their uniforms off because most of them are starters and he was not going to put them back in the game. He had pulled them with 5 minutes left in the third quarter. Then that would mean the second and third team score the TD’s and the extra points I don't see anything wrong with that at all. I would get your facts straight before you point fingers.

earp
S

Post by earp »

When its 60-0 though what difference does a 2 point or a 1 point conversion make is my point!When you are on the recieving end of that it doesnt seem that way!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Just my 2 cents....Coal Grove has not won the OVC yet this year. They havent played a game. So I dont know how you can say everybody else is playing for scond place. Next, if you want to constantly talk about Coal Grove....why not do it on a Coal Grove thread? Last week Fairland hung with a VERY good Wheelersburg team but a couple bad coaching decisions and some costly turnovers ruined their chances. Also last week, Chesapeake was giving Lucasville Valley all they wanted the first half. The halftime score was Valley 15 Peake 7. I believe the halftime score of the Valley vs Coal Grove game was 42-7????? I may be wrong about that but thats what I heard. A big factor in the Peake vs Valley game is Peake's QB who is also the starting cornerback went down with an injury right before halftime. The matchup on defense was noticeable after that. Not trying to start a Coal Grove vs Peake argument or Coal Grove vs Fairland argument. You may want to wait until after those two games before you put the next championship banner up. Now getting back to the topic.....West will win this one by 28 is my guess.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

earp wrote:When its 60-0 though what difference does a 2 point or a 1 point conversion make is my point!When you are on the recieving end of that it doesnt seem that way!
I guess I would agree but you can not tell your second and third teams not to play hard. I think RH needs to step back understand the real issue not the score.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i predict a long night for the panthers.

Return to “Football”