Week 5 - Chesapeake at West

Who wins

Total votes: 0

Peake
SEOP

Re: Week 5 - Chesapeake at West

Post by Peake »

Chesapeake also went 10-0 regular season and 11-1 overall in 99 and their closest regular season game was 24. Probably had more to do with Chesapeake being really good.

Updates on the score?

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

34-6 final West Wins a wet and sloppy game. Can't wait till we go to M-Town. It's going to be a good one!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley-Burg
Valley-West
Valley-Minford
Burg-Minford
Burg-West
Minford-West
West-Burg

WOW at all these games..

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Panthers played well Peake, if we could of caught a break or two this could have been a winnable game. West tried two onside kicks in the fourth to try to run it up I guess but thats okay. I was proud of our boys. We played without our starting QB and cornerback and still hung tough. The Pendleton kid is a beast, he made some great tackles and runs.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote:Valley-Burg
Valley-West
Valley-Minford
Burg-Minford
Burg-West
Minford-West
West-Burg

WOW at all these games..
I would say it is a 4 way race......but it will be more like a SLUGFEST!

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

ovc fan wrote:Yea, but why not drop one of the other OVC teams and pick CG back up? Just a thought, I understand CG is better contender each year for top in OVC??? :?: Could be a better game anyway?
I would like to see us drop all of the OVC teams and pick up some teams that win games so we could benefit from some second level points. We need to be playing teams that are consistently good teams every year. I want to see us playing D-II or D-III schools.[/quote]

I would be careful what you wish for. Eventually the OVC will have a few good teams and you will have a down year or three. I havent even seen either teams play but based on what I hear, West could PROBABLY beat Ironton this year. After this year though...I seriously doubt it. And again, thats just my opinion. Hopefully West and Ironton meet up some day real soon. Be a game I would not miss. Just hope this game is injury free and both teams come out unscathed for conference play.[/quote]

West cannot play with Ironton this year. West and Gallia Academy would be a very good matchup. Gallia is a good team, don't let tonight's score fool you.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

West did scrimmage Gallia this year

Senators_soccer
Waterboy

Post by Senators_soccer »

Didn't chesapeake try an onside kick in the first quarter?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THE SOC RACE IS GONNA BE WILD THIS YEAR. BUT I STILL THINK THE FRONTRUNNER IS WEST.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

It will be great fun for the fans

westsidelarry
Waterboy

Post by westsidelarry »

hey peake450 what game was you watching?how was this a winnable ball game?oh wait maybe the break or 2 you were talking about was the five touchdowns west scored.ya your right take those away and it was winnable.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Congrats to West, by far the best team I have seen this year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

:aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46 :aaaaa46

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

call it like I see it

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Now the work really starts for the Senators, SOC looks to be really solid this year, 4 legitimate playoff teams.
possibly even 6 teams in D4,5, and6.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

West will win the SOC 2 barring any major injuries. The rest are playing for second , Minford ,third Wheelersburg fourth Valley.
I think west can compete with Ironton this year. JMO

Fubar
Waterboy

Post by Fubar »

West's passing game was sloppy tonight, but I think that can be blamed on the weather. Other then that, West looked good tonight against a decent Peake team

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I think it is funny how some Ironton fans all of a sudden are posting on a west forum and saying we can't hang with Ironton this year. Don't worry you will get your chance to prove that statement. That is if Ironton makes it deep enough to catch up to us. The way it is looking Ironton and West could be seeded high and not meet until maybe a regional championship? Just thinking outloud. There is a ton of football to be played. If either team loses a game it will change the seeding dramatically. The only thing that scares me for West this year is the level of talent they have been playing. I hope they can rise up when they need to. No offense to the other teams we played, I am just calling it how most see it.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Westsider1993 wrote:I think it is funny how some Ironton fans all of a sudden are posting on a west forum and saying we can't hang with Ironton this year. Don't worry you will get your chance to prove that statement. That is if Ironton makes it deep enough to catch up to us. The way it is looking Ironton and West could be seeded high and not meet until maybe a regional championship? Just thinking outloud. There is a ton of football to be played. If either team loses a game it will change the seeding dramatically. The only thing that scares me for West this year is the level of talent they have been playing. I hope they can rise up when they need to. No offense to the other teams we played, I am just calling it how most see it.
Oh there is a couple SOC II schools that I dont think your coaches are going to be looking past......

Dont forget that there is one, maybe two very good defenses that are more than capable of shutting down the West offense.

And your right, so far West has played absolutely nobody. Portsmouth was your biggest challenge and we all see how good they are playing.

Ironton has played a decent schedule, and they have some very tough games coming up. I think if they can get through the season at 9-1, they may very well breeze through Region 15. JMO.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

First off congrats to Chesapeake. They aren't bad. They've played all undefeated teams and it showed. They were prepared and played to win.

I didn't think West was into the game mentally. Homecoming and playing a winless team contributed to that I'm sure. At times Chesapeake had all 11 playing in the box and we still were running well. That really says something to me about our o-line.

One thing I question is about Homecoming. Wouldn't we be much better off to do that stuff before the game? Playing a terrible team is one thing, but a coach not being able to adjust at halftime is a big disadvantage. Also they play the whole first half with that on their mind. Just a thought.

PS We'll worry about Ironton when/if the time comes. They are good, always are. All I got to go by is the burg/ironton game. Watched that one. Not impressed.

Return to “Football”