Week 5 Parkersburg South @ Athens

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Week 5 Parkersburg South @ Athens

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I was happy to hear that N-Y voluntered the use of Boston field, it shows the true respect our local schools and their fans have for each other. I have heard that the reason Peden would be the first choice is because the school would like to keep the game in our own town (well sorta). I would be fine with either location personally, I also heard the same offer was made to use the facilities at Alexander. I know the team, coaches, staff and fans all appreciate all of the kind offers and support that has been provided by "rival" schools.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

They should choose the field that these young men feel at home on...........
Best of luck to the Bulldogs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBUX wrote:They should choose the field that these young men feel at home on...........
Best of luck to the Bulldogs.
Now that makes a lot of since! I agree! :122245

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

A very generous offer by the good folks from Nelsonville. Go TVC.

Bobcat Coach
Waterboy

Post by Bobcat Coach »

I seen a post on WV preps message board and this is what it said, "the game will be played at Peden Stadium at Ohio University Friday at 7:30 p.m."

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Orange and Brown wrote:Turns out the AD at athens wants to pay OU to play at Peden. Guess Boston field isn't goodenough for him.
Makes more sense than this post :lol: :lol: :lol:

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Spartan, thanks for providing reasonable explanations and context to the criticisms stated here. NYBUX makes a great point about how the administration should do everything they can to schedule the game in a facility where these young men would feel most "at home." After all, it is their home games. The fact that they have been looking into using Peden Stadium is not meant in any way to be a disrespect or brushing away of those generous offers to use neighboring facilities. It is all appreciated. And it is nice to have the opportunity to make choices regarding what to do. Athens should not be criticized for the choice it makes regarding where to play it's home games, nor should it be assumed that they are paying thousands of dollars. My (unofficial) understanding is that they will play at Peden this Friday and it will be of no cost to the school.

Orange & Brown, I am sure you are a fine person, and I have taken note of the many kind things you have said and the support you have given the Athens football team in the past. But this is twice in the last week that you have posted something emphatically and definitively without knowing facts. I encourage you to use discernment in the future.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Orange and Brown wrote:Turns out the AD at athens wants to pay OU to play at Peden. Guess Boston field isn't goodenough for him.

Could you be anymore misinformed? If you want to spout off, why don't you put some facts behind your statement instead of starting rumors? A press release will be issued by the end of the day today.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

NYF wrote:Well said. AD I'm sure has everyone telling him what direction to go. OU would be great, but I do know they have to charge them to use the stadium. I believe this could be a recruiting vialation, if they do not. However, maybe the OHSAA can look the other way on this due to what happen. I believe a few years back Athens and Trimble both played games at OU on the same day.
There are many special circumstances that allows waivers and special request. No worries, game Friday at Peden.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Wow, the Orange and Brown Clown can't even admit when he is dead wrong and guilty of spouting off when he doesn't know. He's as bad a DocPanther who just disappears when he talks before he thinks, at least man up and admit it!

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Orange and Brown has a long history of commenting on topics he has no idea about. That is just his NY way. I think it is great that the NCAA approved OU to allow Athens to use Peden for all their home games. I have long thought that the TVC could learn from the SVC and put one game a week on Saturday night to help with making money. If you put the Athens/NY game on sat. night and allowed other TVC schools to come think of the increase of the gate. I know you can't play all these big games in Peden, but if it could ever be arranged it would be awesome.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens will be playing the rest of their games at Peden--won't they

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

athens will give south one heck of a game and south will go home bruised up but south will win with a slim victory but with a turnover or two athens wins

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I assure you it isn't the NY way to post info without haveing the facts.

Good Luck Bulldogs. Make it 2 in a row.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

This game could be a pick-um. Athens is still looking for that big win. Run, run, run if it ani't broke don't fix it. South is a big school but don't know much about them. Will see them next week. So this game could be an indicator. Wish the Bulldogs the best. No clue what to even attempt to predict.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

Good luck bulldogs. Athens dline will be to much for south.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

You can listen to tonight's contest on Power 105.5-FM (WXTQ, Athens), with Brian Boesch and Mark Hunter on the call. Pre-game coverage begins at 7:15.

The broadcast will be streamed live online at http://athensi.com (click the WXTQ FM link on the right side of the screen).

Live updates will be available here: http://twitter.com/BrianBoesch

Thanks, and good luck to both teams!

- Power 105

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Athens 13

South 0

Half

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo