Plain City Jonathon Alder (4-1) @ Ironton (5-0)

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Re: Plain City Jonathon Alder (4-1) @ Ironton (5-0)

Post by grizzlynatural »

kantuckyII wrote:Ironton still picked up a lot of points tonight! and...I very much believe in this team still, 100%.

Now, as far as the points
Russell Won
Wheelersburg Won
Chillicothe Won
Ashland (Bye Week)
Gallia Academy Won - (HUGE - How would you like to be a Logan fan right now? haha)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your gonna go to your grave with Logan eating you up inside. :lol: :122245

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Looks as if the almighty tigers got their ----- handed to them !!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

trip4 wrote:I WARNED YOU TIGER FANS... PIONEER FREIGHT TRAIN!!!!!

Great game.. awesome high school football enviroment.. Loved how close the vistor side is to the field and players.

Alder showed it's strength's right a way with a big drive to open game and controlled the pit's the rest of the way.
360 ish yards for Alder .. 160ish for Ironton. To many weapons for Alder.. Just all over the field..

How about the KICKER!!!

Don't complain about getting homered at home.. those refs were puuuuuuu.. Watched them move the back up/back on
each numerious times.. crappy spots. and wierd calls. Sideline warning to Alder, YET LUTZ is at MIDFIELD for 2 minutes.
course it his is field..
------------------ALDER IS A VERY SOLID TEAM, THE SIDELINE WARNING IN MY OPINION WAS A MAKEUP CALL. THEN APPAREENTLY RIGHT AFTER THE WARNING YOU ALL GOT A PERSONAL FOUL. YES, THE OFFICIATING WAS ATTROCIOUS. TO SAY THE LEAST. BUT I WANTED TO SLEEP ON THAT BEFORE MENTIONING IT. BECAUSE WE STIL GOT BEAT IN EVERY ASPECT OF THE GAME. SORRY FOR THE CAPS, didn't know i hit it. i hope tressel has seen your kicker. the kick he missed would have been good from 55 had it been between the posts. i thought our player was in the endzone on the score they spotted at the 1. very suspect officiating. but the a train is for real, no doubt in my mind. but the tigers are in fine shape still. and gotta get ready for the jackson ironmen.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Johnny Quest wrote:Looks as if the almighty tigers got their ----- handed to them !!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------what exactly do clowns like you want. most of us have said we were bettered by a more physical team. what more do you expect of us. nobody else around here schedules like us, sure we'll lose some. it's sports, but by da%^&&&. we play them. we'll still be in the playoffs , hosting a first round game. hating is the best form of flattery.

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

Tigers...time to start a new winning streak. Good luck next week. You have a very good team.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

well, i agree its pretty much a no brainer we got handled. alter is extremely good. their o-line took it to us all night. i am one of the people on here who agree the officiating was just not good. i didnt see the play that got wilks thrown out of the game but i highly doubt that an official makes that up. the pa announcer is a discrace in my opinion. he just needs to call the game and stop drawing attention to himself. its an embarassment, and has been for several years now. good luck to alter and i am not sure i want to see you guys again but if we expect to get to the state finals i have a feeling the road goes thru you guys. i have said before the tigers cannot afford to lose guys to injury. we appear to have a lot of guys hurt right now. if we can get healthy we have a chance to make a run but with out the 3-4 guys we lost last night we are in trouble.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Alder is a very good team..actually played at a higher intensity than any team we have faced so far this year..I believe they were better than Logan's team last year or Coshocton. I believe this loss will only work to our favor..I believe it will be much like 99 when we lost three times and really should've won the state...we faced many good teams during the regular season and kept getting better rag week...come playoff time we should be very ready to make a long run...

As for the officiating...I sure can see why they were still available to take the game at a short notice...they were lazy...wanted to be in the spotlight early on...It's a sad thing if wilks was just shoving the kid off of him to throw a kid out and change the game at the onset completely...I believe Alder outlawed Ironton tonight with the kids we had in the game...however I believe it would have been different with hi in the game offensively and defensively...maybe not changed win or loss but not so lopsided....let's get ready for the Ironmen..

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

Question...your big running back seemed to be favoring his left arm during the 4th quarter. We noticed that he would hold his left arm funny when walking back to the huddle. That "tip off" gave the Alder team an attack point on "D". Is he OK? We hope so.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

To those referring to the PA announcer as a disgrace:

Most of you know who I am, and if not, please pm me and I'll tell you my affiliation with the man. What was said last night was entirely uncalled for given the situation. But, to call the man a disgrace, is out of line. He has been serving the Tiger Clan for years and was President for quite a while and is still Scholarship Chairman. Although his personality is certainly unique, he has done a lot of great things for Ironton athletes throughout the years.

I attend every meeting of the Tiger Clan. I see thousands of people at Ironton football gales and each week there are about 15 people at the meeting, and atleast 5 of those are coaches at the school. THAT is a disgrace, Tiger fans. If you support the school like you say you do, them come to a meeting. Don't ridicule a guy for doing a job that most others would not do for anything. Do something good for our athletes.

Yield
Waterboy

Post by Yield »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote:
Yield wrote:I don't see Ironton having much of a chance in this game. Alder by 24
I'll take 24 for a wallet full, pm me

Yeeeeeea...lol

tigersportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tigersportsfan »

Just for informational purposes only: Guys in the press box said that the ref. was signaling toward the homeside all night. They didn't see what the call was that is why he asked.

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

tigersportsfan wrote:Just for informational purposes only: Guys in the press box said that the ref. was signaling toward the homeside all night. They didn't see what the call was that is why he asked.
edited by ME.............
Last edited by I-town-90 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

I-town-90 wrote:Alder is a solid team, but I will bet anyone what ever amount they want, Alder will not win the State Title this year. I did not see a State caliber team. I saw a very good playoff team, third or fourth round MAYBE, but not a State winner. I may be wrong, but I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. I have seen State champs, and they do not look like Alder, they are better. Again, the QB is good, not great, and the backs are nothing to write home about. Shankweiler is MUCH better than any back Alder has. The O-line was impressive. They are better than Ironton, but that doesn't make a State champ. We shall see won't we?

I-town.. you need some tissues.. just won't say it.. Ironton got Run over by Johnny Alderseed!!!

As for Shankweiler.. I think Dehart had 151 on 29 carriers.. Shankweiler was hauling water out to Dehart ;-)

Seriously ..Shank's is a good back.. Iroton's a quality team.. Yea. Alder's not won a State Title in Football.
Runner-Up.. As parent, alumi, of JA you have give your success to LUTZ and his tenure. In 37 years we have
had 9 coaches.. Since 2000 the Staff has been about the same and the success is coming here.
You like to talk if's and butts... The kids have been there, sometimes we question our coaching here.
with over 75 boys each year for the past 8, and with at least 2 dozen kids going on to play D1 or D2..
The talents here. Boys are coming back home with College playing experience and are paying forward with
coaching... Yea Ironton won 2 titles.. let's 1979 and 1989.. last title game was 1999.. HISTORY IS HISTORY
Alder last Title game 2006.. some more if's and butts.. If TIGERPAWS. had to play KETTERING ALTER
or MASSIE.. you'd get FREIGHT TRAINED by them to. They are strong, deep, and talented..

Good luck to TIGERS.. Hartley's no joke they are Fast and Skilled.. Not very deep.. Farmbanks
you should handle easily.. The are next door.. good kids.. no depth..

tigersportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tigersportsfan »

don't remember any threats however I am sorry for saying that you was two faced. I was upset about the call and your comment about the ref not needing to explain the call just upset me. However, I do have to say that JA had a good team. But I still don't like the ref that made that call.

Still very proud of our tigers. GO TIGERS!!!!

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

BTW:

I thought Alder traveled very well down to Ironton.. It's not bad drive down..
Some took 35 - 93 and some took ole 23 - 52.......

Alder looked to get thru the game injury free for the most part.. Hope TIGERS
got thru in good health also..

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

trip4 wrote:
I-town-90 wrote:Alder is a solid team, but I will bet anyone what ever amount they want, Alder will not win the State Title this year. I did not see a State caliber team. I saw a very good playoff team, third or fourth round MAYBE, but not a State winner. I may be wrong, but I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. I have seen State champs, and they do not look like Alder, they are better. Again, the QB is good, not great, and the backs are nothing to write home about. Shankweiler is MUCH better than any back Alder has. The O-line was impressive. They are better than Ironton, but that doesn't make a State champ. We shall see won't we?

I-town.. you need some tissues.. just won't say it.. Ironton got Run over by Johnny Alderseed!!!

As for Shankweiler.. I think Dehart had 151 on 29 carriers.. Shankweiler was hauling water out to Dehart ;-)

Seriously ..Shank's is a good back.. Iroton's a quality team.. Yea. Alder's not won a State Title in Football.
Runner-Up.. As parent, alumi, of JA you have give your success to LUTZ and his tenure. In 37 years we have
had 9 coaches.. Since 2000 the Staff has been about the same and the success is coming here.
You like to talk if's and butts... The kids have been there, sometimes we question our coaching here.
with over 75 boys each year for the past 8, and with at least 2 dozen kids going on to play D1 or D2..
The talents here. Boys are coming back home with College playing experience and are paying forward with
coaching... Yea Ironton won 2 titles.. let's 1979 and 1989.. last title game was 1999.. HISTORY IS HISTORY
Alder last Title game 2006.. some more if's and butts.. If TIGERPAWS. had to play KETTERING ALTER
or MASSIE.. you'd get FREIGHT TRAINED by them to. They are strong, deep, and talented..

Good luck to TIGERS.. Hartley's no joke they are Fast and Skilled.. Not very deep.. Farmbanks
you should handle easily.. The are next door.. good kids.. no depth..
You must have missed my other posts giving Alder their props. Personally, IMHO Shanweiler is a better back, but his line does not compare to Alder's. My 12 year old daughter could have gain 100 yards with the holes #27 had.

I complimented the coaching. Personally, I love the true option. It puts tremendous stress on your defense. It gives you an extra blocker at the point of attack, and you get better blocking angles. We ran a similar offense in college, where I was a running back.

I am a HUGE Tiger fan, but I also know Ketting and Massie are strong opponents and would not make stupid predictions. If you look at my prediction, or lack there of, I state I cannot predict an outcome when I have not seen a team play. To me, people that predict a score when they have never seen a team play are ridiculous. You cannot compare scores, just as Ashland. If I have seen two teams play, I'll give my opinion, if I haven't seen a team, I will not sat, YES we will beat you. I will say what our strengths and weaknesses are, and you can always guarantee Lutz will have the team prepared.

Good luck to Alder. We will again find out what we have when we play Jackson and Hartley. Then it will be playoff time and anything can happen. That is why they play the game. NEVER underestimate Lutz or kids with heart. We do have heart this year, and I will take heart over talent myself. ( Not that we do not have talent before all of the Tiger fans get all butt hurt, we have some talent, it was a compliment).

I-town-90
Freshman Team

Post by I-town-90 »

tigersportsfan wrote:don't remember any threats however I am sorry for saying that you was two faced. I was upset about the call and your comment about the ref not needing to explain the call just upset me. However, I do have to say that JA had a good team. But I still don't like the ref that made that call.

Still very proud of our tigers. GO TIGERS!!!!

Apology accepted, thank you.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

fightingtigers45 wrote:To those referring to the PA announcer as a disgrace:

Most of you know who I am, and if not, please pm me and I'll tell you my affiliation with the man. What was said last night was entirely uncalled for given the situation. But, to call the man a disgrace, is out of line. He has been serving the Tiger Clan for years and was President for quite a while and is still Scholarship Chairman. Although his personality is certainly unique, he has done a lot of great things for Ironton athletes throughout the years.

I attend every meeting of the Tiger Clan. I see thousands of people at Ironton football gales and each week there are about 15 people at the meeting, and atleast 5 of those are coaches at the school. THAT is a disgrace, Tiger fans. If you support the school like you say you do, them come to a meeting. Don't ridicule a guy for doing a job that most others would not do for anything. Do something good for our athletes.
For the past several years opposing fans have commented on how arrogant, ignorant, and continuously intoxicated sounding our so called PA announcer is. Alder fans are not the first and certainly won't be the last. I've heard IRONTON fans complain about him for years. Everyone is tired of hearing "I've got one question to ask.....are you ready for some footbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall, a little Friday night foooooootbaaaaaall!" At one point he called Brad Spoljaric "Spra Jaljaric." Alcohol involved? I can't say for sure but my guess would be yes. Let him run the Tiger Clan if need be but get him out of the press box, he's an embarrassment to Ironton football.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Two names to call out? Which name did he have mixed up with Spoljaric's? Spra Joljaric? Alcohol, no alcohol, doesn't matter. His PA performance is an embarrassment to Ironton football. It looks as though you are the only one who believes differently. Good for you.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote:Two names to call out? Which name did he have mixed up with Spoljaric's? Spra Joljaric? Alcohol, no alcohol, doesn't matter. His PA performance is an embarrassment to Ironton football. It looks as though you are the only one who believes differently. Good for you.
Check your pm's.

Return to “Football”