Plain City Jonathon Alder (4-1) @ Ironton (5-0)

trip4
Riding the Bench

Re: Plain City Jonathon Alder (4-1) @ Ironton (5-0)

Post by trip4 »

that offense that ironton runs is 1970's...get with the times.. you shank's out at the least the power I.. then
you getting somewhere.. the fullhouse backfield is easy to beat .... quality defensive teams shut that down right at the point of attack which Alder did ALL night.. your daughter.. doubtfull my daughter who's a Pioneer ... runs for 250 yards. behind .boyer, pollard, purdum and company. she's way faster than Dehart.. and he's know's it!!

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

trip4 wrote:that offense that ironton runs is 1970's...get with the times.. you shank's out at the least the power I.. then
you getting somewhere.. the fullhouse backfield is easy to beat .... quality defensive teams shut that down right at the point of attack which Alder did ALL night.. your daughter.. doubtfull my daughter who's a Pioneer ... runs for 250 yards. behind .boyer, pollard, purdum and company. she's way faster than Dehart.. and he's know's it!!
You should coach becasue you think you know more than the winningest coach in Ohio high school football history. Heck if you got into coaching you would probably be an NFL head coach soon.

trip4
Riding the Bench

Post by trip4 »

LUTZ is HOF.. Coach.. anybody that can stay a school for 37 years.. complies a tremendous record..
of course..getting 9 wins a year against.. jackson, portsmouth, burg.. and of course russell ky.. that kentucky power piles up the wins...

adapt the times.. Get those athlete's in space.. Ironton had no answers for Alder Athleticism.. When you pack the line.. you take away any skill they had...

Me coach.. I Do and we don't run the full house backfield.. WE RUN THE FRIEGHT TRAIN..

PEACE OUT YOU IRONTON TIGERS.. See ya next year.. when you travel up to Madison County

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

"Good luck to TIGERS.. Hartley's no joke they are Fast and Skilled.. Not very deep.. Farmbanks
you should handle easily.. The are next door.. good kids.. no depth.."

I beg to differ....Hartley is pretty deep and awful good....should be a great game in two weeks at Tank Stadium. I know Hartley has been looking forward to the game.

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

tigermama, you have a nice day....ok? :122249

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

sinker wrote:tigermama, you have a nice day....ok? :122249
Okay. :-D

michiganfanlafon
Waterboy

Post by michiganfanlafon »

I was at the Ironton game on friday and ironton could have had all their players at full strength plus 4 best players from previous teams and they wouldnt have won this game....Alder handled them in every aspect of the game ..... and they had a good kicker too which you dont see very often in high school around here ..... But my thought is what if ashlands quarterback had alders o line he would throw for 6000 yards a season lol ...

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

To FightingTigers45, concerning the PA announcer. I was wrong for saying he was a "digrace to the program". I agree, he does work hard to help out. However, his "announcing skills" or style of announcing IS INDEED a disgrace to the program.

It doesn't take asking around town much or asking some of the visiting fans to see what I mean.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

Hilltiger wrote:
sprinter14 wrote:And yes Ironton, please do something about your PA announcer. He is a disgrace to the program in both football and basketball. He needs to go back to being the guy who spells out T-I-G-E-R-S and leave it at that.

Amen brother!
coach lafon are you listening?????? he should be gone!!!!!!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

michiganfanlafon wrote:I was at the Ironton game on friday and ironton could have had all their players at full strength plus 4 best players from previous teams and they wouldnt have won this game....Alder handled them in every aspect of the game ..... and they had a good kicker too which you dont see very often in high school around here ..... But my thought is what if ashlands quarterback had alders o line he would throw for 6000 yards a season lol ...
i dont agree take away the outside threat wilks brings along with his defensive skills in the secondary this game could have been MUCH different!! with out an ability to get yardage on the outside a defense can load the box against the power run . would the defensive backfield been better with him in there?? silly rabbit no one likes to admit that one player makes that big a difference but a d4 level it can be big!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ironton had their chances without Wilks. If Ironton would have tackled their QB in the backfield on the first drive when the snap went 15 yards behind the line instead of letting him make it 2nd and short, thy prbably would have killed that drive. If they hadn't given up the cheap TD pass right before half, it would have been 10-7 at half with Ironton getting the ball in the 3rd. If Ironton wouldn't have kept letting Alde convert the same passing route across the middle
to the same player, maybe they could have gotten a few more stops. Those are just a few examples. Wilks didn't make that big of a difference. Ironton had their chances and blew them. Alder took advantage. They were a much better team. Move on. Jackson is looming.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

agreed fuzzy, still plenty of football left to play.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

XandOs wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:The ref got word to the pressbox via coaches headsets that the annoucer would be tossed if he said anything else.
Instances like this make me miss Paul Houston more and more every game I attend or every incident I hear of Ironton's PA announcer.
I agree with you 100%!

Paul was an excellent PA announcer.

Ironton's announcer is an embarrassment with zero class as a PA announcer.

tigersportsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tigersportsfan »

If you don't like the pa announcer then take it to the board. But please don't trash him on here he has kids that get on here. Most people who post on here are adults. So please act like it and remember this. Believe me I too have to remember that sometimes. :)

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i remember heading to division 1 lancaster about a decade ago. we were listening to the gales coach, on his call in show. he talked about how ironton were river rats, played nobody, and just beat up on little weak river town schools. they were ranked at the time i believe like 3rd in d1. and the previous week had lost to somebody like cincinnati moeller in ot. it was lancaster's homecoming they had floats made , the whole 9. by halftime lancaster had nearly nothing, and our score looked like a basketball score. in the restrooms at halftime, which were all on the lancaster side. oh by the way we have restrooms for the alder fans on your side, or ours. anyway the folks from lancaster were saying , who in the h&ll, is ironton, where are they from, are they division 1 too. this is that kind of team, so have your fun. you'll likely leave tanks memorial stadium with a different perspective of ironton football. and most likely get harder tonight than you've ever been hit. but i hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip down and back, i hope to see an amazing playoff atmosphere type game with no injuries. let da games begin.YTB.
wuz just wonderin if you got around to checking this out last friday night ??

wuz you stuffin them cupcakes with little blue pills or whut ??

KVDW
SE

Re: PLAIN CITY JONATHON ALDER 4-1 @ IRONTON 5-0

Post by KVDW »

Tiger grad 00 wrote:
I was on the '99 TEAM and our first loss was to wheelersburg a team that was not only in our division but in our region,a team that got handled by valley view in the playoffs..Oh yeah we beat valley view for the regional championship...just sayin...

lol... you're counting on the fact that that was so long ago that people will forget that you were getting your hat handed to you too until valley view's great QB, Strayer, went down.
....just sayin..... :)

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Re: PLAIN CITY JONATHON ALDER 4-1 @ IRONTON 5-0

Post by IronTigerMum »

KVDW wrote:
Tiger grad 00 wrote:
I was on the '99 TEAM and our first loss was to wheelersburg a team that was not only in our division but in our region,a team that got handled by valley view in the playoffs..Oh yeah we beat valley view for the regional championship...just sayin...

lol... you're counting on the fact that that was so long ago that people will forget that you were getting your hat handed to you too until valley view's great QB, Strayer, went down.
....just sayin..... :)

I hate these little tet a tets, but, here goes...Who ended up getting their hats handed to them? I believe it was that 'great QB' Strayer (who had a hard time throwing from his back) and the whole VV team...it might have been long ago, but, I remember it like it was yesterday.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Awwhhhhhhhhhh this photo, courtesy of Ironton Football Dot Com - your one source for everything Fighting Tiger Football ;-) - shows the team going out to take home their trophy. When Strayer went down, Valley still held a good lead and Strayer did not play defense (I stand to be corrected on this but...all the same?). It was like their team just crumbled when he was gone.

Click the photo to go to Ironton Football Dot Com's Photos From The Past. Always looking for old photos to share with the Ironton fans, if you have them, there is an address where you can send them (nice large scans please) so everyone can enjoy them.
Image oh..and this photo was taken with one of the first digital cameras the majority of the people had ever seen before. Most hadn't even heard of digital. It was a 1.5 mp wonder :lol:

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

fightingtigers45 wrote:To those referring to the PA announcer as a disgrace:

Most of you know who I am, and if not, please pm me and I'll tell you my affiliation with the man. What was said last night was entirely uncalled for given the situation. But, to call the man a disgrace, is out of line. He has been serving the Tiger Clan for years and was President for quite a while and is still Scholarship Chairman. Although his personality is certainly unique, he has done a lot of great things for Ironton athletes throughout the years.

I attend every meeting of the Tiger Clan. I see thousands of people at Ironton football gales and each week there are about 15 people at the meeting, and atleast 5 of those are coaches at the school. THAT is a disgrace, Tiger fans. If you support the school like you say you do, them come to a meeting. Don't ridicule a guy for doing a job that most others would not do for anything. Do something good for our athletes.
Tell em 45!

Return to “Football”