SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Re: WEEK 6: MINFORD @ WHEELERSBURG

Post by RedStormRising »

demaniac1 wrote:Thats not working for me Burg grad! LOL. Are both teams healthy for this one? Burgs running game is really clicking and the Dline is starting to make some noise rushing the passer. We dont have the speed on the dline like we are used to but we arent playing Oesch this yr either. We know this team and their coach, just like they know us. Comes down to turnovers, penalties and alil luck! GO BURG!!
Minford has a better qb this year than last year. He is faster and hits the open receiver and does not go for 40-50 yard bombs all the time or throwing picks all the time. As a group the RBs this year are better than last year and pose more threats so they will be harder to stop. Minfords line is a lot smaller this year and are not even close to being as physical and strong as last years team. Team speed is more this year and that will make the difference as Minford found out a couple of years ago when they were bigger and more physical than burg but burg had more team speed and won. or like we saw last year against Ridgewood. Speed makes a difference.

This game will come down to turnovers and penalties to. Minford has had to many dumb penalties that will come back to haunt them if they make them against burg. I am taking Minford by 7 if they play like they can.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

RedStormRising wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:Thats not working for me Burg grad! LOL. Are both teams healthy for this one? Burgs running game is really clicking and the Dline is starting to make some noise rushing the passer. We dont have the speed on the dline like we are used to but we arent playing Oesch this yr either. We know this team and their coach, just like they know us. Comes down to turnovers, penalties and alil luck! GO BURG!!
Minford has a better qb this year than last year. He is faster and hits the open receiver and does not go for 40-50 yard bombs all the time or throwing picks all the time. As a group the RBs this year are better than last year and pose more threats so they will be harder to stop. Minfords line is a lot smaller this year and are not even close to being as physical and strong as last years team. Team speed is more this year and that will make the difference as Minford found out a couple of years ago when they were bigger and more physical than burg but burg had more team speed and won. or like we saw last year against Ridgewood. Speed makes a difference.

This game will come down to turnovers and penalties to. Minford has had to many dumb penalties that will come back to haunt them if they make them against burg. I am taking Minford by 7 if they play like they can.

Definately not a better quarterback than last years- that what kept you guys in the game last year- without ur QB being elusive Burg wins- i do like the rest of your post though- Go Burg ;-)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think Butcher is a much greater threat than Oesch. No disrespect to Oesch, but Butcher throws a better ball to a spot and he is much, much faster and he delivers a huge blow to would be tacklers.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Burg wins a close one.

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

I have to agree with bleeding red. If the butcher kid gets a step he's gone..They should open up the O to many weapons not to spread it around....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

They will see speed Friday night.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

CalPreps: Minford (OH) at Wheelersburg (OH), 7:30pm [projection: Minford (OH) 27-17]

Drew Pasteur's Fantastic 50: Minford (5-0, D5 R19) by 8 (71%) at Wheelersburg (3-2, D5 R19)

Rastus
Waterboy

Post by Rastus »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:This game being played at Burg helps the Pirates but I feel Minford is just a better team and is better coached. Rival games are always close though. 21-7 Minford
lolololololo @ calling this a rivalry. Minford has two gold footballs in league history. Minford's only rival as of now is Valley.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ No they have more gold than that, 2 outright 2000 and 2009, and two shared in 1985 and 2003. Anyway, as of now they are 30-5 under the new coaching staff, and that means this group of Seniors are also 30-5. So, it's more looking to the future instead of dwelling on the past. You have to start somewhere and why not now? Anyway, those who always constantly live in the past are usually the ones who have nothing going on in the present nor the future, make sense?

As far as a rivalry, that's SOCII football, all teams in the league are rivals with each other, and with the past 4 games being decided by a TD or less it has turned into a much more interesting match-up than in years past. But, go ahead and keep posting as the Falcons took down the top SOCI team last week, which you said would never happen.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Vladimir wrote:^ Anyway, those who always constantly live in the past are usually the ones who have nothing going on in the present nor the future.
actually those constantly living in the future have no past to brag about so the future is all they have to talk about. :lol: :lol:

and i wouldn't be all that proud yet about beating a severely depleted Oak Hill team last week. you may have to swallow your pride come playoff time if Slone gets back in time to get them into the playoffs. :mrgreen:

remember, oak hill didn't escape wellston by the skin of their teeth like minford did.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Well, that's what's gets us all up out of bed in the mornings isn't it? It called the human spirit, “That today is always going be a better day than yesterday,” and we all have to have faith in that. But you seem to have forgot to address the present part, as in what are you doing today to get better? Ever hear of perseverance or gumption?

Also FYI, Minford Football certainly has plenty to be proud of for the past decade and as well as the present, as I state again, this group of Seniors are 30-5, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

As far as Oak Hill, you say they were severely depleted, like as in they didn't have Slone???? Ok well then, Wellston didn't have Prater when they played Oak Hill and the Oaks only won by 2 Tds. So, that's a pretty lame statement to start with.

But, go ahead and live in the past, cause that reminds me of the guy who carries my garbage out to the curb and then asks me to borrow $10, and then all he wants to talk about is how great he was when he played High School football, and he's 40. :mrgreen:
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

A friend of mine from Oak Hill reminded me that as long as we kickoff out of bounds after each of our TDs, we will be alright :)

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Vladimir wrote: ^
Also FYI, Minford Football certainly has plenty to be proud of for the past decade and as well as the present, as I state again, this group of Seniors are 30-5, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Yes indeed...pullin for the Falcons but this group is not quite 30-5. They only have i think 3 returning starters on the offensive side & not much more than that on defense. Most of them never saw the field until there junior season so keep it real. Minford is for real again this year and there is not need to inflate there impact before this year anyway or than to point out the success of the program under Daniels. This yrs team is much smaller and less physical than Daniels previous teams but they are super quick and fast. Butcher at QB gives minford a threat that they have not had for many years. to bad he this is his first yr at QB. Defense is small but quick and fly to the ball. one thing about this team that is much better than last yr is the seniors seem closer and arent worried about who gets the glory.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

You people keep forgetting that Oak Hill was without Sloan and Maynard, that was 2 of their top 3 players out against Minford!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:
Vladimir wrote: ^
Yes indeed...pullin for the Falcons but this group is not quite 30-5. They only have i think 3 returning starters on the offensive side & not much more than that on defense. Most of them never saw the field until there junior season so keep it real. Minford is for real again this year and there is not need to inflate there impact before this year anyway or than to point out the success of the program under Daniels. This yrs team is much smaller and less physical than Daniels previous teams but they are super quick and fast. Butcher at QB gives minford a threat that they have not had for many years. to bad he this is his first yr at QB. Defense is small but quick and fly to the ball. one thing about this team that is much better than last yr is the seniors seem closer and arent worried about who gets the glory.

Yes, they are 30-5, they were all part of those teams the past 3 years. 8-2, 8-2, 9-1, currently 5-0 equals 30-5.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Vladamir- it isn't geting through to them. They just don't get it. But they will.

Our boys will do their talking on the field.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Vladimir wrote: Yes, they are 30-5, they were all part of those teams the past 3 years. 8-2, 8-2, 9-1, currently 5-0 equals 30-5.
no need to argue about it since we both are falcon fans. most of them never played much til this year but if it makes someone feel better then ok. back to the game....wheelersburg will be 3-3 after friday. ppl better get there early because it will be packed. any early ticket sales?

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Vladimir wrote:
Also FYI, Minford Football certainly has plenty to be proud of for the past decade
oooops.... you're down here livin in the past with the rest of us heros. :oops: :oops:

yep, i know that garbage man. he's a minford graduate. he was over at giovanni's eating his lunch the other day and i saw his class ring when he was pickin his nose.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Our boys will do their talking on the field.
at least that will be a welcome relief from listening to a bunch of adult wannabees like you. :razz:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

LOL.....you can turn your computer on and off just like I can.

Return to “Football”