SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

KVDW
SE

Re: WEEK 6: MINFORD @ WHEELERSBURG

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote:A friend of mine from Oak Hill reminded me that as long as we kickoff out of bounds after each of our TDs, we will be alright :)
and a friend of mine from oak hill told me that Big Red will be bragging for years about beating a little SOC I school that didn't even have two of their most productive players. he said the only reason the falcon fans didn't rip up the sod after the game for a souvinir was that they were playing at home. he'd heard that they had done that somewhere before. :oops: :oops: :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote:LOL.....you can turn your computer on and off just like I can.

you can't turn my computer off, you silly hilligan. :roll: :roll:

just wait til WEST gets ahold of you. BOOM ! ! ! ! !! in tha dumpster ya go. :lol:
Last edited by KVDW on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

KVDW wrote:
Vladimir wrote:
Also FYI, Minford Football certainly has plenty to be proud of for the past decade
oooops.... you're down here livin in the past with the rest of us heros. :oops: :oops:

yep, i know that garbage man. he's a minford graduate. he was over at giovanni's eating his lunch the other day and i saw his class ring when he was pickin his nose.
No, you implied Minford has nothing to be proud of for their recent past there hero.

And, No truthfully he is a burg graduate (that has nothing to do with it), and if he had a legitimate job as a garbage man, then that would be ok, because it's a legitimate job. It more of the Scioto county disability lottery he's hit. He's too hurt to work but not to hurt to bum cash for BS labor. But dog gone it, he was one hulluva a football player back in the mid-80s. You know the type
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

And if they do it this Friday, it would actually be an improvement to that field. Sad that such a program with all that tradition and money plays at that place.

:)

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Vladimir wrote: But dog gone it, he was one hulluva a football player back in the mid-80s. You know the type
Yeah, like Bleeding Red. :mrgreen:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote:And if they do it this Friday, it would actually be an improvement to that field. Sad that such a program with all that tradition and money plays at that place.

:)

yeah, it is a sad place to play. Probably why YOU NEVER EVER personally won a game there.
you're just an old wannabee hoping these kids do something YOU could never accomplish.

I WANNABEE SOMEBODY !!!!

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Yeah when I played our teams were pretty sorry in high school. We lost more games than we won. Our baseball and basketball teams were solid, but our football coaching staff mainly consisted of ole Burg boys that really didnt get that much out of the players. The weight training program was not good at all. We had subpar facilities and alot of kids came and went as they pleased. Conditioning consisted of playing other sports. Then there were the kids that were just always out of shape and it showed during football season. We ran the most basic offense (full house) and basic defenses. We still held our own, more heart than talent.

WE lost at Burg my senior year something like 38-6. I say "WE" because it was still a team sport back then too. Jonathan Eaton and company were a great team. Far superior than most of the teams these days, thats for sure. I had alot of tackles.....from the defensive backfield. And that is never a good thing.

That is why I am so proud of Coach Daniels and his staff. They have really brought the program to life and are not looking back. The "W"'s on the helmets dont scare them. They get the kids ready, kids that are stronger and faster than my team was back in the day. And they win.

There is certainly nothing wrong with supporting that.

Wannabee? Maybe. But then again, every other person on this site who is out of school.....well......are wannabees. And I have a feeling that includes you too :)

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

da burg

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Bleeding Red wrote: our football coaching staff mainly consisted of ole Burg boys that really didnt get that much out of the players. The weight training program was not good at all. We had subpar facilities and alot of kids came and went as they pleased. Conditioning consisted of playing other sports. Then there were the kids that were just always out of shape and it showed during football season. We ran the most basic offense (full house) and basic defenses.
attaboy !! blame it on everything and everybody but yourself (especially ole Burg boys). :lol: :lol:

typical HASBEEN-WANNABEE :roll:

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

I thought this was a Burg vs Minford thread not a act like a two year old thread ....try to stay on topic

I have to agree with Burg Grad 77 this might just get out of hand...... gotta bad feeeling

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SPAMONY wrote:I thought this was a Burg vs Minford thread not a act like a two year old thread ....try to stay on topic

I have to agree with Burg Grad 77 this might just get out of hand...... gotta bad feeeling
Another fairweather fan :? , At what point has burg let things get out of hand. They lost to two great teams by less than 12 points total. If Minford wins, so be it, but to say Burg wont be ready to play is crazy.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

KVDW wrote:
Vladimir wrote:^ Anyway, those who always constantly live in the past are usually the ones who have nothing going on in the present nor the future.
actually those constantly living in the future have no past to brag about so the future is all they have to talk about. :lol: :lol:

and i wouldn't be all that proud yet about beating a severely depleted Oak Hill team last week. you may have to swallow your pride come playoff time if Slone gets back in time to get them into the playoffs. :mrgreen:

remember, oak hill didn't escape wellston by the skin of their teeth like minford did.
The way it is looking right now, you can come watch Minford play week 11 if you want to watch some more ball! LOL

Talking about escaping by the skin of their teeth, how about Burg and Portsmouth! Did either team bring a defense? And we see how good Portsmouth really is! WOW that was a quality win!

I went to that one. Ol Shank saves Burg again! Shut down Shank, shut down Burg!

I also went to the Minford vs Oaks game. Minford completely dominated the Oaks up front. No wonder kids were getting hurt. All those hits the Falcons put on them.

But thats OK......after the game Friday night you and your Pirate friends can sit around talking about how good it used to be and all that tradition and stuff! LOL

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

KVDW wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:LOL.....you can turn your computer on and off just like I can.

you can't turn my computer off, you silly hilligan. :roll: :roll:

just wait til WEST gets ahold of you. BOOM ! ! ! ! !! in tha dumpster ya go. :lol:

OH THATS IT! Now turn to WEST to take care of what the BURG wont be able to! LMAO...

KVDV-"MOMMY....JIMMY STOLE MY LUNCH SO I STUCK BOBBY ON HIM! "

By the time West goes to Minford, Burg might as well turn the lights off and come watch. Get there early, late season games with 2 undefeated teams typically are standing room only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

wobycat wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:I thought this was a Burg vs Minford thread not a act like a two year old thread ....try to stay on topic

Another fairweather fan :? , At what point has burg let things get out of hand. They lost to two great teams by less than 12 points total. If Minford wins, so be it, but to say Burg wont be ready to play is crazy.

Not a fair weather fan ....just went to the Minford vs Oak Hill game and seen how they destroyed the Oaks line O and D that we struggled with......dont let the 13-0 score fool ya that game was NEVER in doubt.......... I think Daniels was sandbagging a little

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Minford 35
Burg 10

Wont be close. Shut down Shank, Shut down the Burg. Minford will dominate Burg up front all night. Ask the Oaks. The same Oaks that dominated Burg ALL night long up front. Burgs backs will get tired of taking big hits. Could get ugly by the 4th quarter.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Badboy wrote: late season games with 2 undefeated teams typically are standing room only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: how would a minford fan know anything about that? got beat pretty early last year didn't you? oh... you must have gone to an ironton game. i get it.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Learn to read. I didnt say anything about Minford and last year.

They will however both be unbeaten going into next week.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Badboy wrote:
By the time West goes to Minford, Get there early, late season games with 2 undefeated teams typically are standing room only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
really???? didn't say anything about minford and undefeated and standing room only, huh?

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Badboy wrote:

OH THATS IT! Now turn to WEST to take care of what the BURG wont be able to! LMAO...
you know very well that i told your sister (BR) a month ago that West would kick their tails, so i'm not turning to West NOW. i did a long time ago.

OST
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

Post by OST »

KVDW can I ask what does the west game have to do with anything? Minford doesn't think one bit they're going to romp the burg. They know dang well what they'll be getting themselfs into come friday night. Make sure you don't eat to much come the next few fridays. You will need to save alot of room for the crow your going to be devouring

Falcons 14
Burg 12

Return to “Football”