SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

forward
Waterboy

Re: SOC2: Minford (5-0) @ Wheelersburg (3-2)

Post by forward »

Really though on paper Minford should win... But the Burg never quits, and i am sure they will show up to play....
Hey Bleeding Red if Burg dont have a chance lets make a bet.........If the Pirates win you delete your profile and if the Falcons will i will delete mine......

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

c-ya

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Wheelersburg !!!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford 35-14

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Yes Roger said last Friday, 99.3 would be at Ed Miller Stadium, for Minford and Wheelersburg then the following week at Minford with West.
Then probably at Valley and Minford. But to far ahead to think about all of that. Lets go Falcons.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I wonder if WatchTheZone Sports will be there to tape the game? I'd love to be able to watch it later since I have to work.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

According to their schedule. The game will be aired on TV.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

GAME DAY!!

Burg 21 - Falcons 13

Good Luck Pirates!!

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

forward wrote:You know what i think the Falcon fans are right, there aint no way the Pirates can win........Let cancel the game and roast marshmellow's......And talk about how wise and all knowing Bleeding Red and his butt buddies are.....
You're as dumb as it gets. Please tell me where us "Minford Fans" are saying the burg shouldn't even show up an what not? Is it because we're being typical fans and predicting our team a victory? I mean it does make sense for a fan to choose their team to win doesn't it? Reguardless of who Minford beats people like you an some others will always have an excuse to why it happened, it can never be a solid victory. We could be playing St. IG or Mentor and if we won it would be some stupid rediculous reason like "Oh well the concession stands sold hot dogs and not hamburgers an we all know those teams lose when that happens" Well boys tonight THE BURG and my Falcons are going to play an extremely good football game and this game won't be a blow out for either side. As i said before

Falcons 14
Pirates 12

Ps Falcons, Respect isnt a givin and earn a little bit more tonight boys!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Any true fan of Burg or Minford doesn't expect a blow out. Yes, Burg lost a lot of talent from last year's team, but this year's team seems to be a more cohesive group and with a new QB that has gotten better each week. Everyone saying stop Schank and stop the Burg hasn't seen enough of the team to reailize that Graf, Shears, Luster and Parsley will make you pay if you key too much on #7 and overplay.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I work out of town, and when people ask who's playing Friday, and I tell em, Minford and Burg or West and Portsmouth, or whatever....they all say man thats a tough place to play ball. Im kinda proud of Scioto county, and our surrounding area teams. This little tip of Southern Ohio sure can play some football.... and thats why I love Friday nights!!! Good Luck and Good Health to all of our teams. :)

pirates09
Waterboy

Post by pirates09 »

Well you know what ticks me off so much about this site is where tear down students on this sight to benefit ourselves. Last time i checked this was a sight where you predicted what you thought/hoped what your team would do during the upcoming weeks challenge. Lately all Ive been reading is how stupid this person or that person is. This is a thread about the Burg and Minford game, I you want to have a childish fight about who is smarter make a new thread about it. The sad thing about this is this thread is 5 pages and 1/3 of it is 5 or 6 people telling the others how dumb or stupid they are. Grow up and stop the high school drama.

Now back to my predictions. Last time i checked the Burg had a few others then just Schank; yes he is really good but look at Graf, Luster, Parsley, Hood, Stegmen, Workmen, And Shears. All these guys played great ballgames against Ironton, Portsmouth, Fariland and Rock Hill. Yea if it were not for Schank during the Oak Hill game it would have been a different story. I feel that the Burg is starting to click on all circuits and are looking for some Falcon to get revenge on last year. To say that we are underachieved is not fair to the players, coaches, and the community. We play a very tough first 2 weeks and that's why we are 3-2.

I feel that the Burg is going to win this one because the Falcons IMO are still on cloud 9 from last weeks win and I feel the BURG is going to sneak in there and knock them off the cloud. Its not going to be a blow out either way. I'm glad that both teams are 100% so that there are no excuses on why this team won or lose. So after saying all that here is my score prediction.

Burg 21 :aaaaa26

Minford 17

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote:Can't believe no Mad dogg, no burggrad. I mean come on, you guys claim to be Burg fans, oh wait calpreps is saying the Burg is going to get beat and they are always right.

And then there's Minford, riding in on their past glory of last year's SOC title and being a strong 5-0 whipping up on Meigs, but barely gettin it done against a depleted Wellston and Oak Hill.

What?? You're mistaken here. Wellston just beat Jackson 33-13, they were at 100%, fired up and the game was played at Wellston. Jackson gave W'burg all they could handle in the jamboree game, the week before Wellston blew Jackson out. Wellston's QB/OLB: Jaylen Prater is touted by many as a D-1 prospect. He's more of a running back than a QB. Against Oak Hill, he was injured in practice and hasn't played since, same injury that sidelined him last year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Funny how some people say Wellston wasnt 100% against Minford. They had all of their starters. And the game was not even close to what the score says it was.

A Wellston team that didnt have their star played with a fully healthy Oak Hill team much closer than Burg.

Burg hasnt showed they can win without Shank doing all the work. This week, they still dont. Minford will win this one at the line of scrimmage and really put hits on Burg. And from what I have been told by some of the die hard Burg fans, this Burg team doesnt like to get hit! If that is the case, this one could get ugly by halftime.

Minford 28
Burg 7

4dfalcons
Freshman Team

Post by 4dfalcons »

Well said by pirate 09. I do disagree on the winner of this game. I also
think he underestimates Minford. Close, hard fought game, with Minford winning.

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

Why Minford will lose:
--Route 335 is closed.
--It's not their turn, have to wait 10 more years before they can win again.
--Gampp's Corner is rooting for Green Bobcats

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

Why Wheelersburg will lose:

--Ed Miller is not coaching.
--Minford is a lot better than Ironton.
--Deemer's Chicken crossed the road.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

I hope #55 gets some playing time tonight. If he plays defense like he did against Fairland he'll be in the Minford backfield all night.
Burg 24 -21, Lewis is the hero.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Old Bulldog wrote:I hope #55 gets some playing time tonight. If he plays defense like he did against Fairland he'll be in the Minford backfield all night.
Burg 24 -21, Lewis is the hero.
I would love to see that....Lewis will change a game at some point this season with his leg. With the hit he had last week and his speed, it wouldn't be beyond a possibility he could play some corner too...

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

WHY MINFORD WILL WIN: THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL HOLYFIELD

MINFORD BY 3 SCORES..........AND THEY TAKE A KNEE INSIDE THE 5 WITH LITTLE TIME LEFT ON THE CLOCK CAUSE THAT IS WORSE THAN ACTUALLY SCORING

Return to “Football”