TVC-Ohio: Alexander (4-1) @ Vinton Co. (1-4)

A-Town Big Dog
S

TVC-Ohio: Alexander (4-1) @ Vinton Co. (1-4)

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I can't see VC pulling this one off against a good Alex team but what do you guys think?

pbuck
All State

Re: Week 6 Alexander (4-1) @ Vinton Co. (1-4) TVC Ohio

Post by pbuck »

Alex

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

The two teams have 1 mutual opponent this season in Unioto. Vinton was defeated 33-7 in the first game of the season and Alexander was defeated by 1 in overtime I believe without Lawson in the backfield.

BLUE-OR-BUST
Waterboy

Post by BLUE-OR-BUST »

How about free pizza at Deputys in albany if the spartans shut em out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

alex wins by 3 scores.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Men of Sparta by a bunch!

Im All In
Waterboy

Post by Im All In »

One big factor in this game might be the health of the Alexander players. Is Chapman and Lawson playing?

3sportdad
Waterboy

Post by 3sportdad »

According to the scouts at the VC game Friday night they will be on the field.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Any chance of Lawson returning to play defense yet? I remember he was always a force back at safety. His elbow must be feeling better to have 25 carries last week.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

The only team Alexander has beaten with a winning record is division 6 Eastern. The other three have three wins among them. Nothing changes this week with VC having one win. After this week Alex can start earning some playoff points if they can beat the big boys of the TVC Ohio.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Agree. The TVC league schedule will be the challenge for this young Alex team. I see NY and Athens games as problems for Alex.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Not an Alex Fan but look at the facts...NY has beaten 1 team with a winning record in Ready ( and I know Ready is better than Eastern but not as good as Ready of last season). Athens has beaten a 1 win Chillicothe and Parkersburg South who is 3-2. Wellston has 1 win over a team with a winning record. I am not an Alex fan but want to keep things partial here. Eastern is the worst of all those wins but don't make it look like the others have been that overwhelmingly bad.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

League is not far apart from each other with the top 4. We will know a little more after this week. Alex in this one. Should be lop sided.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

CavsFan08 wrote:Not an Alex Fan but look at the facts...NY has beaten 1 team with a winning record in Ready ( and I know Ready is better than Eastern but not as good as Ready of last season). Athens has beaten a 1 win Chillicothe and Parkersburg South who is 3-2. Wellston has 1 win over a team with a winning record. I am not an Alex fan but want to keep things partial here. Eastern is the worst of all those wins but don't make it look like the others have been that overwhelmingly bad.

In no way can any serious person equate Alexanders' schedule with that of Athens, and certainly not with NY's. NY has obviously scheduled teams that will prepare them hopefully for the playoffs. Alex has done just the opposite.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

I understand the difference in schedule but you were talking about wins. Yes NY schedule is much much better than Alexanders but the 2 hardest teams on their schedule gave them losses. Again you were talking about wins. Yes Athens has a tougher schedule than Alexander, but Gallia, Warren and Coal Grove all gave them a loss. Wellston played a tougher schedule than Alexander but they lost to Oak Hill, Gallia and Minford. And by the way, I hear nothing but NY people talking about their schedule when theirs really doesn't compare to Wellstons IMO. AGAIN, I was talking about wins. Playing a tough schedule can help prepare you for the playoffs, but you have to win those tough games to get into the playoffs.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

NY would name the score against any team Alex has played, and so would Athens. Then they would both struggle to make the playoffs due to the lack of points they would have. If they did make it in they would be ill prepared, as Alex will be. I would also say that any team NY has played would have just as good a record as Alex has given the same schedule. Most of them would be undefeated. Scheduling down will bring the wins, but little else.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

Okay so I ask you Motivator, is it better for a team like Alex who has had 1 winning season in the past 20 years play a much tougher schedule and be 1-4 or 2-3 right now going into league play or be 4-1 and have some confidence?

Trimble will not name the score against Eastern and Frontier has scored over 40 points 3 times this season and beat a good Beallsville team a week ago. Unioto beat Alex in OT w/out Lawson and will be a playoff contender in the SVC. River Valley and Huntington are awful and I do not know why Alex has them on their schedule but NY has Berne Union who is terrible as well and barely beat a very underachieving Trimble team.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Beallsville has a tough schedule, but they have 1 win against a winless team, so I wouldn't say they are good. Unioto's other wins are against an 0-5 team, and a 1-4 team so I would not call them a great playoff contender yet. People said Trimble would not name the score against Eastern last year and they did, so I guess we will see this year. I did not say Alex would be better off going 0-5 against NY's opponents. Just comparing and contrasting the schedules, as you were.

CavsFan08
JV Team

Post by CavsFan08 »

I agree Alex's schedule is weak but I understand why they do it as they try to build their program. I would hope that as they get better each year that they build their schedule up as well. (I hope my Cavs back off their schedule a bit as well and get Big Walnut off the schedule). I think Nelsonville with that schedule will not get many playoff points from their 3 wins in Non-league games. Ready will be lucky to win 1 more game this season, trimble will give them 6 wins or so and I don't think Berne Union will get any more wins. No doubt NY has to sweep the TVC Ohio to get in.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

I wouldn't eat pizza from Deputy's, even if it was free.
BLUE-OR-BUST wrote:How about free pizza at Deputys in albany if the spartans shut em out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”