SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Winner?

Total votes: 0

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Re: Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by nobodyspecial »

siderman wrote:Wheelersburg beat Minford bad. Burg played great. Minford played bad.

Tonight West played bad. They made alot of mistakes. Minford played awsome.

So now because of this one game, Burg is gonna beat West bad? It doesn't work that way. Football is a game of matchups. Also this was West's first big test. Minford was battle tested as was burg when they played.

As for Valley; I would love to see some film on them. West will be ready.
They did have their football games available to view at school web site.I watched them in 2008 on this so should be same format this year.

zebra77
Varsity

Re: SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by zebra77 »

Should be another slobberknocker in the SOC this week.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

West made simple mistakes against Minford that they will clean up this week and will win easily over valley by at least 10 points or more...

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

West didn't play their best game, thats for sure, but anyone on here that thinks this won't be a close hard fought game is wrong. Valley is a good team with a balanced attack, which is something that is always dangerous. If Valley watches the film they will see we did not cover downfield very well, which I'm sure is something they'll try to exploit we will just have to get better at. I do think West has a leg up because we are coming off of a tough game, and Valley hasn't played one this year. I believe if both teams play their best game West will win by a touchdown give or take, but that leaves a small margin of error. It will be the toughest game we've played thus far, so much is on the line.

Something else, every one is going about how #8 didn't play good, he had 108 on 16 carries in one half, now I don't care how he got those yards, thats pretty impressive, I think he will play out of his mind and have a great game friday

In reference to the Burg game week 10 if you think common opponents mean anything you are wrong. A good example of this year is Wellston, Jackson, and Ironton. Wellston beat Jackson, and Jackson beat Ironton now can you honestly tell me if you watch these 3 teams play that Wellston would beat Ironton, Minford had a home field advantage and played a very good game, they played at burg and played very bad week 6 you can't get much out of that, but we will discuss this in Week 10.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

jagered wrote:All depends on who coaches the worst, I watched the West-Minford game and I am still trying to figure out where all this speed is everybody keeps talking about from West, Pendeton got run down by #5 think thats the Butcher kid correct me if i am wrong, and he did have the angle on him by a little bit but when he broke threw to the second level i said he is gone and to be honest he got caught quick. Not bashing him i wouldnt want to hurt anyone's feelings but in my opinion the Shankweiler kid from the burg is th best back in this area hands down.
Butcher caught Pendleton because hes as fast or faster than him, trevon had a football in his hand and he had the angle on him its that simple, but being the fastest person in the world does not make you the best running back. Shankweiler is very good, but he still hasn't done as much as Trevon. Trevon has had more yards every year (last year with an average line), This year Trevon has had considerably less carries and considerably more yards, and even yesterday when he had a "bad game" he still had 100 yards in a half! No Trevon hasn't played an Ironton or Oak Hill, but I have watched both for three years and still can't see how Shankweiler is better

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

You are correct Sider they played about as bad as i have seen them play this year,penalties,blown coverages,missed keys you name it they did it. And here is a real shocker for ya, Trevon comes out after halftime and doesnt take a snap and West drives down there throats and they get on the Goalline and then bring him in?????? Like everyone in the whole tristate area didnt know who was going to get the ball on that play!!!! I thought it was a slap in the face of the kids who got them to the goalline but thats just my opinion and i know it dosnt mean much but just food for thought.
Last edited by jagered on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow, would i ever love to see this one.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Buckeye_demon32 wrote:Speed kills...i got valley by 10 in this one...west has no answer for the talented spread offense of valley....if u think you can compare valley with portsmouth or marrietta ur crazy .....valley has way more talent at every position than both those teams combined
I haven't seen Valley this year, but I have a hard time believing that they have way more skill players than portsmouth. They may have a tougher line, better defense, and a coach; which Portsmouth doesn't, but skill no way.

Buckeye_demon32
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye_demon32 »

siderman wrote:
Buckeye_demon32 wrote:Speed kills...i got valley by 10 in this one...west has no answer for the talented spread offense of valley....if u think you can compare valley with portsmouth or fairland ur crazy .....valley has way more talent at every position than both those teams combined
I haven't seen Valley this year, but I have a hard time believing that they have way more skill players than portsmouth. They may have a tougher line, better defense, and a coach; which Portsmouth doesn't, but skill no way.
Guess we will find out on friday....I think its pretty safe to say that yates (qb/fs) is faster than anyone west can field on defense and holcomb (rb) and schultz (rb) isnt far behind yates in speed and thats just the running game not even the passing game....i know west is no pushover but i promise you that they havent faced a team with the kind of speed and talent that valley fields on offense.....i would say its going to be 28-14 valley at the half and the final score will be 35-21 valley

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley has speed.....no doubt.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

All we heard last week is how fast Minford is, other than Butcher I didnt see any speed at all. Unless West is really fast too.
I think Valley is favorite though, any high school team that runs the spread well is hard to beat. The game comes down to West controlling the ball and the clock. Valley will score, but so will West. We need to wear them out up front and play keep away.
I dont have a prediction, to close to call. Should be a great game. Good Luck to both teams

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

^^^oh my! lol lol lol lol

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I don't want to talk about Portsmouth on here but for you to say Valley has better skill positions than we do is crazy. Also for you to call Portsmouth terrible is dumb we have played a very tough schedule wilmington burg west warren jackson all are in playoff contention not to mention Galia and Ironton who still remain. Portsmouth scrimmaged Valley and got beat by West so iv'e seen both teams. West would run the ball at will but may need to pass more this week. Valley will try to throw on the west secondary that isnt very solid. I feel like the better team here is West. West at home 7-0 coming off a close call with Minford should fix there mistakes i think ill take West 36-23

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West's secondary is fine. We have 2 hard nosed corners and 2 good safeties. It's West defensive phylosophy that makes people think our pass defense is bad. Coach brings his safeties up. He wants to stop the run and make you 1 dimensional, and it's hard to argue with his results. Doing this we put guys on islands without help alot. So if the QB gets time, guys will be open. Problem is time. Our ends are fast and our d-line can really rush the qb. If he senses you have went 1 dimensional, he will send those lb's and you don't have time to pass.

I think you guys are paying way too much attention to Valley's offense. Can Valley stop West is the question? I think we'll run at will on them just like everyone else we've played.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

havnt seen west but valley has speed to burn. hope its a injury free game.

FOURTYTWOISO
Waterboy

Post by FOURTYTWOISO »

we will win big no doubt

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Im excited to see this game! WOW! West and Valley. Who woulda thought this was the game of the week this year!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

BTW, how is Pendleton?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

This thread is about West and Valley, Everything else should be gone. Post anything else and you will be gone.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Watched some of the Valley/Waverly game.

Valley has excellent athletes (especially QB and running backs). Offensive and Defensive lines are weak. Defense is good from second level on back.

They will have to do a great job of keeping West off balance with play calling because the Defensive line of West will be in the backfield all night.

I don't think they can begin to stop West's run.

If West can hold them in the low 20's we win easily.

Win this week and we're in the playoffs with Northwest next week. Would be nice to secure a spot early and not have to think about anything but Gold Footballs against Wheelersburg.

Return to “Football”