Week 8: Oak Hill (6-1) @ Symmes Valley (7-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 8: Oak Hill (6-1) @ Symmes Valley (7-0)

Post by Bleeding Red »

OhCaptainMyCaptain wrote:Perfect example of the classless thought ^^^^^

Sour grapes. You want to attack my post because I said that Oak Hill was classy and gracious in defeat. Get over it.

Shows how much better Oak Hill is to the rest of their SOC I competitors. Sorry you dont like the facts.

OhCaptainMyCaptain
Waterboy

Post by OhCaptainMyCaptain »

All I'm saying is "win with class, lose with class." I LOVE facts, and fact is even with this lose SV will make the playoffs and finish off one of the best seasons in school history!! Congrats to the Vikings and keep your heads up. Good Luck to Oak Hill as well!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I wasn't there and I am not going to pretend like I was there, but could you give us some more info. Were the Oak Hill players being antagonized? Were they just going to your side to do it for no reason? Just seems that there would be more to it, maybe something that was said or happened earlier in the game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OhCaptainMyCaptain wrote:All I'm saying is "win with class, lose with class." I LOVE facts, and fact is even with this lose SV will make the playoffs and finish off one of the best seasons in school history!! Congrats to the Vikings and keep your heads up. Good Luck to Oak Hill as well!!

Good Luck to the Vikings the rest of the season.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I was at that the game tonight. I was in the endzone and didn't gave the best of views but I do know that after one of Hale's long td runs that Sloan stood in the middle of the field and pointed to the sv fans as we jogged down the field and threw his hands in the air, as well did one of the recievers. Thaw the only time I noticed the taunting and actually mentioned to my dad. If it happened o. Other occassions I didn't see it but like I said my view wasn't the best

however, I give the oaks credit. Deserving win and Westen Hale was tremendous carrying the ball

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

One of the few I actually picked tonight.

Longtimefan
Waterboy

Post by Longtimefan »

Alright sv fans don't get on here and make us look stupid again. You can't just say oak hill was playing dirty trash talking and so on. There was alot from sv too. Both sides are guilty of it. Both teams played good tonite. It a battle out there. when games like these are played. Both teams want the win and both played hard!!!! Good job to both group of boys. Sv keep your heads up!!

oak hill oak
Waterboy

Post by oak hill oak »

i was at the game and you cant say oak hill has been like this in anyother game! its because sv keep grabbing their throats and a couple cheap shots!! #51 and #53 for sv has no class! from what i seen the rest of the sv team was really respectful! slone should not of done what he did i will say that but from being right there sv made that happen! goodluck to both teams!

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

Take nothing away from OH they r good... But many times they taunted the SV stands slone did it many times as well as #13, #34, and #2...it's gonna happen with players everyone knows that but to push it on the fans like that!!

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Ok guess I will chime in.
Way outta control early.
Chop blocks, helmets to the knees, late hits, cheap shots away from the play and verbage flying.
Oak Hill was not without their comebacks, but I have to say they were provoked most of the time.

Being on the sideline gives you a much better view and voices of the game.
Davis was chopped, strangled and took a few shots to the knees.
Slone was hit late a few times and no calls made.
Maynard took a helmet to helmet shot that should never have been allowed.
This is the first game I have ever seen the Oaks have to fight back---literally
At one point our Doc asked how one of the SV players was still allowed to be in the game.......with
all the personal fouls and verbage he was throwing around. She was confused as to
why they would not be ejected from the game like in basketball....... good question.
I had no answer for her..........other than the gridiron tolerates more physical situations.

Any way, pretty good game for the Oaks. After being stopped on the goal line...........although
even the chain gang said Slone scored on the keeper.........I thought Mr Hale was the man of the night.
He quietly made his point without any distractions from his mouth, helmet or hands...........he did it with his feet! LOL

Anyway.............I agree with MOF - Westen Hale is the MVP

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Now, I will await my feedback......................I didn't do it Ironman02.....really

whodey88
Waterboy

Post by whodey88 »

bucks2407 wrote:Fans and coaches of oak hill should be ashamed of their team... That was the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen!! I lost every bit of respect for them tonight

oak hill classless?? i was at that game and i believe if anyone was classless it was some of the symmes Valley fans, and as far as i can remember its always been that way.

with all of that set aside good luck to both of these teams in the rest of the season and hopefully the playoffs.

congrats to Westen Hale. new single game rushing record at Oak Hill with 348 rushing yards and 5 touchdowns.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

Oh, one thing I do hate at some of these fields--- during this season and even playoff fields.............
you have to have a $3000 camera to get clear focused pictures.
Low lighting is making me fuzzy.....well the photos I mean.

We either need to play these games on Saturday afternoon or
get the league, state or school systems to help their teams with proper lighting.
Ok I am done for the night..................talk at you all later.

FanOsports99
Riding the Bench

Post by FanOsports99 »

How were the SV fans classless???

vrodjason
Waterboy

Post by vrodjason »

bucks2407 wrote:Take nothing away from OH they r good... But many times they taunted the SV stands slone did it many times as well as #13, #34, and #2...it's gonna happen with players everyone knows that but to push it on the fans like that!!
Seriously? I hope this is a joke!
If the SV fans are going to heckle and taunt a player(s), they need to realize when that player burns them he is going to come right back at them. I can think of far worse things to do than throw their arms up in the air and/or point at a group of fans!

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Bucks2407,
Seriously don't worry about it. The Oaks haven't "been there done that" enough to know how to act. They are trying to capture all the glory they can out of their 2 year run with a really good class that is coming through. A true program such as Symmes Valley doesn't need to act like that out on the field. You've won title 3 times over the last 10 years and been to the playoffs 7 times in your school's history and should be going again this year. It just puzzles me how this year will be only the 2nd SOC1 title that the biggest school in the SOC1 has captured and last year was their first playoff apprearance ever. After this year they will go back to being a very below average Division 5 school and Symmes Valley will be able to keep their program rolling and I think will be a very strong contenter to grab a few more titles and playoff appearances over the next several years.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Symmes Valley calling others classless. Priceless! I do believe Coach Webb has done an outstanding job there, but I can tell you that during my years of school against Symmes Valley (before Webb) there was no dirtier team than Symmes Valley, not even close.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

riverball wrote:Bucks2407,
Seriously don't worry about it. The Oaks haven't "been there done that" enough to know how to act. They are trying to capture all the glory they can out of their 2 year run with a really good class that is coming through. A true program such as Symmes Valley doesn't need to act like that out on the field. You've won title 3 times over the last 10 years and been to the playoffs 7 times in your school's history and should be going again this year. It just puzzles me how this year will be only the 2nd SOC1 title that the biggest school in the SOC1 has captured and last year was their first playoff apprearance ever. After this year they will go back to being a very below average Division 5 school and Symmes Valley will be able to keep their program rolling and I think will be a very strong contenter to grab a few more titles and playoff appearances over the next several years.
If I'm not mistaken, I'm fairly sure we've beaten Symmes Valley 4 years in a row now. There's some facts for you. And also, I can recall play after play that number 51 would stand up and hit an Oak Hill player. I'm not going to argue with you people because it is pointless, as you all are convinced we are an awful team, which is fine with us. Nothing like a little adversity. Good Luck with the rest of your season. Go Oaks

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

And the 4 years before that, Symmes Valley had beaten you 4 years in a row. Very even match up over the past 10 years between a Division 5 school and a Division 6 school. Good luck the rest of your season too. This win should get you a home playoff game.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Huge game for Westen. Racked that many yards up with a busted hand.

Return to “Football”