Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 8

Chieftain
Varsity

Re: Paladin's Pigskin Picks -- Wk 8

Post by Chieftain »

I find it humorous that someone's schedule now has Columbus Hartley, Alder and Fairbanks on it in an attempt to get CLOSER games because there was too much travel in the SEOAL. I'd bet money that the coming years will show even more travel outside the region to get games. Thats a joke all of SEO understands. And the loss of revenue goes hand in hand, which was cried about as well. Its pretty obvious what the problem was.

The real reason is hilarious. As a washed up used-to-be, its difficult playing second fiddle and not be able to win titles. Sure, the old timers like to talk about times 20-30 years ago in the last century. Reality is the program has fallen and will never be what it once was. The SEOAL was more than someone could handle and as the dominant league for the region, it was embarrassing to not be able to win it again. And, may not ever be able to win it again. Today is today and someone had to cut & run because they couldn't accept losing. And reality is that someone will continue to lose population and fall in size to be a non-relevant team in an even smaller division.

D & C is probably correct that consolidation is on the way because maintaining small schools isn't cost effective and limits what can be offered for an education, becoming even more important in a changing world. Also important is the fact that someone will have to increase their weak standards from a low GPA for eligilibity as trying to win games with lesser students isn't cool in the brave new world. All in all, not a bright future for a worn out ,has been program who lives in yesterday and can't accept today, much less tomorrow.

That will always be embedded in collective memories.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Paladin, LOL, you are so ate up with Ironton it isn't even funny. We all know Logan is pathetic, but you are use to that anyway. :122245 :122245 This 2010 quit living in the past. What has Logan done this year. :lol:

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

It never changes. Someone is either a punk or a very poor sportsman in being exposed. Whether Logan is winning 6 straight SEOAL titles or working thru a losing season, it remains the same -- no cutting & running -- win graciously while accepting you can't always win -- but never leaving the league because your ego is bigger than your ability. Thru the ups & downs Logan held fast to the league, the most dominant league ever in the area. Lesser teams have cut & run from the SEOAL and always for the same reason -- they couldn't compete any longer. The river rats just add another chapter in a long list of folks who couldn't cut it and ran.

The actions taken shows clearly who is eaten up with envy, be it Chieftain envy or SEOAL envy.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

If any of those 3 schools are making a trip to Ironton without a return (with the exception of MAYBE Hartley, who is always desperate for games), then their ADs should be called out by the respective school boards.

This has nothing to do with Ironton, but those are LONG trips, and without a return on that travel a waste of resources IMO.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Paladin_II wrote:I find it humorous that someone's schedule now has Columbus Hartley, Alder and Fairbanks on it in an attempt to get CLOSER games because there was too much travel in the SEOAL. I'd bet money that the coming years will show even more travel outside the region to get games. Thats a joke all of SEO understands. And the loss of revenue goes hand in hand, which was cried about as well. Its pretty obvious what the problem was.

The real reason is hilarious. As a washed up used-to-be, its difficult playing second fiddle and not be able to win titles. Sure, the old timers like to talk about times 20-30 years ago in the last century. Reality is the program has fallen and will never be what it once was. The SEOAL was more than someone could handle and as the dominant league for the region, it was embarrassing to not be able to win it again. And, may not ever be able to win it again. Today is today and someone had to cut & run because they couldn't accept losing. And reality is that someone will continue to lose population and fall in size to be a non-relevant team in an even smaller division.

D & C is probably correct that consolidation is on the way because maintaining small schools isn't cost effective and limits what can be offered for an education, becoming even more important in a changing world. Also important is the fact that someone will have to increase their weak standards from a low GPA for eligilibity as trying to win games with lesser students isn't cool in the brave new world. All in all, not a bright future for a worn out ,has been program who lives in yesterday and can't accept today, much less tomorrow.

That will always be embedded in collective memories.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

gahs4ever wrote:Citing trips to Marietta, Warren, and Logan as legitimate reasons for leaving the league doesnt wash with the schedule Ironton is playing this year. But then Alder, Hartley and Fairbanks are ALL coming to Ironton this year. If Im not mistake, their longest road trip was to Chillicothe. The question becomes will they go to all three places next year in return?

Ironton can't get the fan to follow them out of their 50 mile area

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

sports junkie wrote:Paladin, LOL, you are so ate up with Ironton it isn't even funny. We all know Logan is pathetic, but you are use to that anyway. :122245 :122245 This 2010 quit living in the past. What has Logan done this year. :lol:
tool

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Our past winning against Ironton is closer to today than Ironton past against Logan

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Well you missed the boat on the Ironton vs Bishop Hartley game. This should secure a 1st round Playoff Game at the Tank :122249 :122245

Ironton - 37
Hartley - 16

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Scores are in and I went 3-1 on my SEOAL picks , running the season record to 27 -14. The winners -- Zanesville beat Logan 39-10, Jackson whipped up on Marietta 33-10 and Gallia stomped Portsmouth 63-20. The loser tonite was Warren edging Chilli 17-13. On the bonus pick. Itown got Hartley 37-16.

I took in another classic game tonite watching Warren Harding upset Massillon 20-6 at Mollenkopf Stadium . Demond Hynes ran wild for 344 yds. Harding took a knee at the Massillon two yd line three times to end the game. Afterwards, Massillon refused to line-up and shake hands showing themselves as the classless jerks they are. There is a tigger problem up North and not just South. Harding with the win, propels itself into the playoff picture and with two sure wins left will get ready for the D-I playoffs.

Next weeks games set -up with a showdown in the SEOAL between Chilli & Jackson as the title still is not finalized.
Last edited by Chieftain on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Paladin_II wrote:Scores are in and I went 3-1 on my SEOAL picks , running the season record to 26-14. The winners -- Zanesville beat Logan 39-10, Jackson whipped up on Marietta 33-10 and Gallia stomped Portsmouth 63-20. The loser tonite was Warren edging Chilli 17-13. On the bonus pick. Itown got Hartley 37-16.

I took in another classic game tonite watching Warren Harding upset Massillon 20-6 at Mollenkopf Stadium . Demond Hynes ran wild for over 330 yds. Harding took a knee at the Massillon two yd line three times to end the game. Afterwards, Massillon refused to line-up and shake hands showing themselves as the classless jerks they are. There is a tigger problem up North and not just South. Harding with the win, propels itself into the playoff picture and with two sure wins left will get ready for the D-I playoffs.

Next weeks games set -up with a showdown in the SEOAL between Chilli & Jackson as the title still is not finalized.

You sir, are a joke. I have never heard of Ironton refusing to line up to shake hands after a game. You again speak of ignorance and arrogance. I wonder why you never take in a LOGAN game :)

And I like how you say that Itown "got" Hartley....I was there for that one, and Itown MANHANDLED Hartley.

Answer me this Big Paladin: What is the overall record of the Logan/Ironton series? :lol: :lol:

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

Paladin_II wrote:Scores are in and I went 3-1 on my SEOAL picks , running the season record to 27 -14. The winners -- Zanesville beat Logan 39-10, Jackson whipped up on Marietta 33-10 and Gallia stomped Portsmouth 63-20. The loser tonite was Warren edging Chilli 17-13. On the bonus pick. Itown got Hartley 37-16.

I took in another classic game tonite watching Warren Harding upset Massillon 20-6 at Mollenkopf Stadium . Demond Hynes ran wild for 344 yds. Harding took a knee at the Massillon two yd line three times to end the game. Afterwards, Massillon refused to line-up and shake hands showing themselves as the classless jerks they are. There is a tigger problem up North and not just South. Harding with the win, propels itself into the playoff picture and with two sure wins left will get ready for the D-I playoffs.

I took in another classic game tonite myself, not that anyone is anymore interested in what game I attended as we are interested in what game you attended. If you are trying to impress someone with the fact you were in Massillon you did a great job because the Ironton folks are well aware of what the Massillon field looks like as we have been there before, both on the winning side as well as on the losing side. Unfortunately your team has never had that opportunity to make it that far but if they ever do they will at least have someone who knows the scenery around Massillon.

Your comment about the Tiger problem up North and not just the South shows what a classless individual you are since you have never seen the Ironton Tigers play and to call out the team and coaching staff like you do proves you know nothing about one of the premier progams in southern Ohio.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Since you know nothing -- Mollenkopf Stadium is Warren Harding's 13,000 stadium and about 15 minutes from me. Massillon's is Paul Brown Stadium as any real Ohio fan knows and obviously the game wasn't there.

For anyone really familiar with Massillon tiggers , its no secret about them. And no one cares about other tiggers.

chillman
Waterboy

Post by chillman »

okay, once again- left the seoal after 84 season due to lack of competition and failing to garner enough computer points , even after going unbeaten many years , to make playoffs. went to the far tougher OKAC, ( and at the time it was) bigger schools, ashland , body and greenup county, and russell were bigger than all the seoal schools except for logan, they were closer, brought larger crowds to boot. Ironton won the conference every year in football and portsmouth about every year in bball. so the ky schools had enough and that was that after 8 or 9 years. as an independent things were good, but had hard time finding teams that would play, soooo, back to the seoal, great for football and bball, but horrible for all the other sports. and that is why they left- again girls volleyball in zanesville, logan or marietta on a weeknight- not good (and all of the other sports). I mean- i've heard that they're trying to get logan back on the FOOTBALL sched along with all the other seoal teams that they still play. It had nothing to with 'cut and run'. For a school with about half the enrollment they had 30 years ago, i think they STILL schedule pretty good.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

[quote="Bleeding Red"]
I have never heard of Ironton refusing to line up to shake hands after a game.

You heard it now! Happened in 1982 for the league championship at Logan,Ironton waved off coach Coate and ran to the lockeroom after winning 42-30,,,,,,
I can't believe Massillon would have the nerve to do that after they could have scored so easily and the score didn't look that bad that they could have done it!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

YOU ARE CORRECT C-BOLT

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

C-Bolt wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote: I have never heard of Ironton refusing to line up to shake hands after a game.

You heard it now! Happened in 1982 for the league championship at Logan,Ironton waved off coach Coate and ran to the lockeroom after winning 42-30,,,,,,
I can't believe Massillon would have the nerve to do that after they could have scored so easily and the score didn't look that bad that they could have done it!
Just curious, was this the game that the Tigers were winning big at half-time and Lutz pulled the starters in the 3rd quarter. However the Logan coach did not reciprocate and left Logan's starters in which resulted in the Tiger reserves getting run over pretty good and Lutz had to put the Tiger starters back in.......now does this justify what C-Bolt is saying happened, I dont know and cant answer that question but I am sure someone will come up with one....

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Lol when was the last time the "Tigers from up north" won a state title? It's been A LOT longer for them than Ironton. Just saying...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

BONUS PICK -- Columbus Hartley @ Ironton -- the tiggers watered down their schedule this year with "winners" like Fairbanks and instead of DeSales, they added smaller & weaker Hartley. Good thing they did, but won't save them from another loss. The Hawks are quick and have skills while the tiggers feature their usual brawn but little else. This should be a close game, but Hartley's better schedule should give them an edge over the weaker tigger schedule. In an upset at the homecooking Tanks stadium -- HARTLEY------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------these are paladin's words , just wanted you to know. he is so ate up with it. the tigers ran roughshod over hartley. ytb.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I like how Paladin the Fake is dodging my question.

I have 13 close friends from Logan, they all laugh at him and talk about how big of a joke he was.

Return to “Football”