Week 8: Logan (2-5) AT Zanesville (6-1)

loganlocos
SEOP

Week 8: Logan (2-5) AT Zanesville (6-1)

Post by loganlocos »

Sorry all, I've been MIA all weekend traveling so I'm just getting around to getting this topic started.

Logan has won the last 10 meetings between these two teams, but Zanesville won the first 9 so the all-time series gives Logan a slight 10-9 advantage.

This is the last meeting between the two schools for the forseeable future with Zanesville heading to the ECOL and the SEOAL working on realigning to get to a round-robin schedule.

Zanesville needs to keep winning to reach week 11. Logan continues to make small improvements, but still has a hard time FINISHING - as evidenced by the 3 field goal attempts on Friday night.

What do you all think?

pbuck
All State

Re: Week 8: Logan (2-5) AT Zanesville (6-1)

Post by pbuck »

Zanesville

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

da ville

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Hate to say it ,but the game looks like a blowout on paper! Maybe Logan can catch a few breaks like injuries to key z-ville players or lots of penalties and turnovers by the ville and make this really competitive but i'm going 28-14 the ville...

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

zanesville by 4 tds 38-10

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chiefs get the upset

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

This may be Zanesville's last chance at Logan for a while ... They won't slip up ...

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Logan's first visit to Zanesville in 3 years.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

Just some little tid bits.........

Zanesville's combined overall opponents record is 19-29 (John Marshall has only played 6 games so its 48 total instead of 49)

Logan's combined overall opponents record is 29-20

Zanesville has played 2 teams with a winning record, with a loss coming to one of the two (East Liverpool 6-1)

Logan has played 5 teams with a winning record, including 5-2 Lancaster; 4-3 Pickerington North, 6-1 Jackson and 5-2 Gallia

Zanesville's last 3 games opponent's record is 4-16

Logan's last 3 games opponent's record is 11-10

BUT; thats why the games arent played on paper my friends. Zanesville is a very good football team, not taking anything away from them at all, but schedule wise, their wins are against Newark, two teams from WVa with a combined record of 2-11; and they have one real quality win over Licking Valley, 17-14. I think this game will be closer than what people think and Logan will hang around all game long and a late score will decide this game.

Logan 24-21

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Might also note that while our opponents' records haven't been all that glittering this year, it's not like any of the poor teams really stayed with us, either.

Should be a good game Friday. We expect nothing but Logan's best effort, as usual.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Zanesville has outscored their opponents 251-85
Logan has been outscored 208-107

The Ville is avg 36 ppg on offense and giving up only 12 on defense

Logan avgs 15.2 on offense and is giving up 30 ppg on defense.

BUT last 3 games Logan is only giving up an avg of 17 ppg on defense, while scoring 15 ppg on offense including 2 out of 3 wins. So the defense is getting better at least on paper with that opponent combined record of 11-10.

BUT, a HUGE BUT, the Ville is avg 49 ppg on offense over the last 3 games and giving up 14.3 ppg on defense with 3 straight wins with that opponent combined record of 4-16.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Y'all should see Park. A whole bunch of tremendous athletes, including some extra-tall receivers. But that may have been the most undisciplined team I've ever seen -- and I've seen many.

Anyway, I don't worry about the stats and who's played who when these two play.

I certainly hope something can be worked out so this series can resume soon.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:Just some little tid bits.........

Zanesville's combined overall opponents record is 19-29 (John Marshall has only played 6 games so its 48 total instead of 49)
But they are blowing them out. The games are not even close so they are doing what they should against weak opponents.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Yep the Devil's opponents are having a tuff time at it this year,so Logan should fit right in Zanesville 48- Logan 14. :122249

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

East Liverpool isn't all that great this year, even with their winning record. They just aren't that good. Can't see ZHS going anywhere in the playoffs, as I expect them to get in, but exit quickly. But after losing 9 straight to the Chiefs, this is their year for a win. Logan would have to play well to keep it close. I would hope the series can be continued as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

looked at every team on joe eitel yesterday. zanesville has a solid team, and logan is definately not only in a coaching transitional change, but is suffering from a serious drop in the talent pool. and the game is at zanesville. i think this has the potential to get really, really ugly. i know logan will be up for this game. but they are just gonna have to take this like men, till things get better. just like my fighting tigers the last 2 weeks. keep teaching sound fundamentals, and coach every play , regardless of the play's result. and work toward improving every series. but i'd say zanesville wins this easily.but logan will be back. hope next year somehow the cheifs and tigers can renew their rivalry.

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

schenk11 wrote:

But they are blowing them out. The games are not even close so they are doing what they should against weak opponents.

And i would hope they would be blowing those teams out. They arent very good. Zanesville has only been truly tested one time with their loss to EL. They are scoring loads of points on teams that arent very good. I would hope Logan who appears to be playing better, can hang around and give the Ville a game. Logan is losing to tough opponents and Zville is blowing out lesser teams. It will be an interesting matchup imo. I think it may be closer than what people are saying.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

My heart says Logan...my head says Zanesville.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:
schenk11 wrote:

And i would hope they would be blowing those teams out. They arent very good. Zanesville has only been truly tested one time with their loss to EL. They are scoring loads of points on teams that arent very good. I would hope Logan who appears to be playing better, can hang around and give the Ville a game. Logan is losing to tough opponents and Zville is blowing out lesser teams. It will be an interesting matchup imo. I think it may be closer than what people are saying.
So by this rationale, Boise State must not be very good either, or TCU, or Ohio State, because they haven't played many good teams yet.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

that was said Logan vs Jackson---Logan vs Gallia--too

Return to “Football”