Week 9: Wheelersburg (6-2) SOC (3-0) @ Valley (8-0) SOC (3-0

Jesco White
S

Re: Week 9: Wheelersburg (6-2) SOC (3-0) @ Valley (8-0) SOC

Post by Jesco White »

crab_apple4 wrote:Its a European carry-all!
ahahahahahahahahahahaha I'm pretty sure I just felt a tear roll down my face from laughing so hard!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

demaniac1 wrote:Against throwing teams, Burg has suffered. Weeks 2,3 and 4. They hung in there and got the W in week 3 and 4. Actually had a chance in week 2, but OH a better team that day. Defense has really come around since then. West has played the same passing teams as Burg (except OH) and made a game of it vs Valley. Dont know why Valley will do any better vs Burg. I dont know if Burg will play bend but dont break, or be very aggressive on the D side. Burg has made ALOT of defensive changes throughout the season. Actually, I dont know who will line up where. Is that a ploy to the films Valley can look at? Hmmmmmmm. Anyway, great game come Friday!

BTW, Jesco, ur one class act!! Ur posts are great!
Using West as your argument for stopping the passing game doesn't really make sense. West contained Fisher more than Wheelersburg and they also pretty much shut down Portsmouth. It seems that West would be a little better against the spread than the Burg. Valley threw the ball very well the other night going 8-12 with 2 drops. I guess we will see come Friday night. It is going to be a great game either way.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Crab
How's Dwight this a.m.?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

crab_apple4 wrote:Crab
How's Dwight this a.m.?

Kinda pissed.....Stapler in Jell-o.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Bwahahahahaha!!! Just making sure he wasn't faxing himself stuff from the future!

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Was the stapler red by any chance?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Crab's brother wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:Against throwing teams, Burg has suffered. Weeks 2,3 and 4. They hung in there and got the W in week 3 and 4. Actually had a chance in week 2, but OH a better team that day. Defense has really come around since then. West has played the same passing teams as Burg (except OH) and made a game of it vs Valley. Dont know why Valley will do any better vs Burg. I dont know if Burg will play bend but dont break, or be very aggressive on the D side. Burg has made ALOT of defensive changes throughout the season. Actually, I dont know who will line up where. Is that a ploy to the films Valley can look at? Hmmmmmmm. Anyway, great game come Friday!

BTW, Jesco, ur one class act!! Ur posts are great!
Using West as your argument for stopping the passing game doesn't really make sense. West contained Fisher more than Wheelersburg and they also pretty much shut down Portsmouth. It seems that West would be a little better against the spread than the Burg. Valley threw the ball very well the other night going 8-12 with 2 drops. I guess we will see come Friday night. It is going to be a great game either way.

Not sure on how much of Fisher's yards came against the Burg's 1st team defense. Burg was up big in this game (the thread I found on it showed Burg up 28-6 at one time) and it might have been worse then that when they pulled the starters. Don't know, I wasn't there.

The Portsmouth game they were still trying to find an identity on defense as since then al ot of players have switched positions.

Burg will just have to play like they have played against Waverly in the past (if Valey starts throwing the ball) in that they can bend but don't break. Give up the little short passes, but son't let anything get behind you.

Should be a great game come Friday. Looking forward to it. Also, Valley has the best popcorn of any place I've been to and I've been to a lot.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

talking to some of the players and coaches this week they are excited to get back to playing in a big-time-game and very aware of how good valley is this year. they know how dangerous holcomb, yates, dwyer, schultz are running and passing. people keep talking about 2 man team --- they are a 4 man team with a good line. 4 really good playmakers. defense good also holding west to 2 TD's.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Im pickin' Burg in this one.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I think this is Valley's year to beat the burg and get the monkey off their backs.
Only concern is if Valley gets a lead and then plays not to lose and goes conservative. Valley could let the "here we go again" thoughts get in to their heads and start to play tight in the 4th quarter if burg makes a push. If not:

Valley - 21
burg- 14

classof1985
Waterboy

Post by classof1985 »

28-21 burg!

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Will this be on vsn live? Or after the game?

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

bdog_198807 wrote:Will this be on vsn live? Or after the game?
Live

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

val13 wrote:
Live

Boss
Waterboy

Post by Boss »

eddie wrote:talking to some of the players and coaches this week they are excited to get back to playing in a big-time-game and very aware of how good valley is this year. they know how dangerous holcomb, yates, dwyer, schultz are running and passing. people keep talking about 2 man team --- they are a 4 man team with a good line. 4 really good playmakers. defense good also holding west to 2 TD's.
you cant forget about Keller from Valley, the paper has him still being in the area stat leaders in recieving through week 8 and he didnt play in four of those games. if he is healthy he can score from anywhere on the field. Idk how serious his injury was but if he is ready to play friday he can also be a playmaker

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Boss wrote:
eddie wrote: you cant forget about Keller from Valley, the paper has him still being in the area stat leaders in recieving through week 8 and he didnt play in four of those games. if he is healthy he can score from anywhere on the field. Idk how serious his injury was but if he is ready to play friday he can also be a playmaker

I don't think Keller's injury was very serious, he was most likely be precautionary about it so he sat out on some of the "weaker" teams that Valley played. Look for him to be ready to play on Friday.

Good Luck To both Teams, I Hope For An Injury Free Game This Week!!!!

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Valley is a very talented team, with alot of weapons. But their 2 best players are Holcomb and Yates. Valley had 266 total yards against West. Yates was 8-12 106yds. passing, 14 rushes for 102yds. Holcomb had 7 rushes for 47yds, and caught 3 passes for 54yds. That only leaves 11yrds. that come from elsewhere. This is West without arguably the best defensive player in the county.

On defense, Valley let West gain 342 total yards. With Ratliff going 9-13 143yds. with a pick. Bricker had 19 rushes for 109yds. and 2 catches for 17yds. And this is West without arguably the best offensive player in the county. But Valleys D made the plays in the redzone.

What hurt West the most was Yates rushing or scrambling up the middle. We have very quick d-ends., that can contain, and turn runners up the middle. But with Trevon missing we are not as strong up the middle. I know that Tye was also lost, and that hurt Valleys line play. Would have loved to have seen an injury free game.

With Shank being moved to linebacker, I thank that might keep Yates from running wild. But I don't know if Burgs d-backs, can stop Valleys air attack. I thank that Shank and Shears will get yards rushing. But I think they might need some big plays passing or on special teams, to win. Both teams are playing well right now. Look for another great SOC II game!

And lets hope for an injury free game.

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

As stated above, yes we will be live. Should be a good one. We even bought new cables for our cameras for this one :)

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Looks like I'm gonna be stuck working during this game. Hopefully I'll get to watch it on VSN, but there's no guarantee of that either. Talk about depressing :(

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

From DEEP in the hills of Scioto Co.....I was just passed a message...

It was crumbled, scratched, and in bad shape...but read:

"BOO........we're coming for you friday night!!!!"

Signed (a little blood smear)

PMOW3

Return to “Football”