Week 9: Wheelersburg (6-2) SOC (3-0) @ Valley (8-0) SOC (3-0

QB4
Freshman Team

Re: Week 9: Wheelersburg (6-2) SOC (3-0) @ Valley (8-0) SOC

Post by QB4 »

chicken_coop wrote:From DEEP in the hills of Scioto Co.....I was just passed a message...

It was crumbled, scratched, and in bad shape...but read:

"BOO........we're coming for you friday night!!!!"

Signed (a little blood smear)

PMOW3

Sounds like a Black Beard Pirate warning !!!! :122249

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Crab's brother wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:Against throwing teams, Burg has suffered. Weeks 2,3 and 4. They hung in there and got the W in week 3 and 4. Actually had a chance in week 2, but OH a better team that day. Defense has really come around since then. West has played the same passing teams as Burg (except OH) and made a game of it vs Valley. Dont know why Valley will do any better vs Burg. I dont know if Burg will play bend but dont break, or be very aggressive on the D side. Burg has made ALOT of defensive changes throughout the season. Actually, I dont know who will line up where. Is that a ploy to the films Valley can look at? Hmmmmmmm. Anyway, great game come Friday!

BTW, Jesco, ur one class act!! Ur posts are great!
Using West as your argument for stopping the passing game doesn't really make sense. West contained Fisher more than Wheelersburg and they also pretty much shut down Portsmouth. It seems that West would be a little better against the spread than the Burg. Valley threw the ball very well the other night going 8-12 with 2 drops. I guess we will see come Friday night. It is going to be a great game either way.
8-12 in the short game is all well and good. Most teams can do that short stuff all night long. Its getting defensive backs out of position that makes for the mid to long range gains. I only saw that happen twice vs West defense. Valleys O is not that hard to figure out. Like I said, I dont know how aggressive Burg will be. Have to wait and see. Burgs sked leading up to fisher was definetly a difference in how fisher and others were able to perform. Burg was banged up and did make alot of changes and really hadnt settled in till week 6 with Minford. They seem to be set but like I said, schemes change, kids are learning, and Woodward has been able to mix it up. As for Valleys passing game, it involves protecting the passer also. We will see. I also expect it to be a classic.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

chicken_coop wrote:From DEEP in the hills of Scioto Co.....I was just passed a message...

It was crumbled, scratched, and in bad shape...but read:

"BOO........we're coming for you friday night!!!!"

Signed (a little blood smear)

PMOW3
PMOW3 is a myth!

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Valley is a very talented team, with alot of weapons. But their 2 best players are Holcomb and Yates. Valley had 266 total yards against West. Yates was 8-12 106yds. passing, 14 rushes for 102yds. Holcomb had 7 rushes for 47yds, and caught 3 passes for 54yds. That only leaves 11yrds.
I think your numbers are a little off. I know that Hartley, Keller and Dwyer had almost 20 recieving yards each. Dwyer's TD catch was an 18 yard completion.

Aside from that your point is well taken. The Indians D bent but didn't break against West and the same effort will be needed Friday night. Because I too believe that Burg will get their rushing yards, so Valley needs to get them into 3rd and long situations.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

PMOW3 is a myth!
PMOW lives and is sure to be spotted in/around Valley Indian Stadium come Friday night... Just sayin'! :lol:

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Valley 35-14.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Downtown wrote:Valley 35-14.
If Valley wins 35-14 I am going to go ahead and pencil them in for the State Final game against Urasline. But who knows what will happen in high school football.

I feel Burg really turned it around against Minford and can shut down speed to the outside and up the middle. It comes down to how well they defend the pass. With Shank at LB, he will minimize Valley's speed and take away short passes across the middle.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

i heard depending on the defense/coverage schank will be playing a little bit of everywhere

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Bo_Diaz wrote:
PMOW3 is a myth!
PMOW lives and is sure to be spotted in/around Valley Indian Stadium come Friday night... Just sayin'! :lol:
Tell him D-5 says hi ! :)

keepin stats
Waterboy

Post by keepin stats »

heard through the grapevine that Shank to Shears could be a huge possiblilty. I look for Burg to spread them out and run Shank Cat!

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

Sounds like to me Valley should go ahead and forfeit this week and start preparing for week 10.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

I think The Valley Indians are going to win this one. It is at Valley and the Indians did beat West at the Rock. So being a home game I think Valley is the best team. After all they are 8-0 and Burg is 6-2. I think Burg should forfeit and prepare for West the following week. But then again Valley is yet to beat The Burg after moving up. So I am changing my mind again Burg WIN!

burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbacker »

sportsmr wrote:Sounds like to me Valley should go ahead and forfeit this week and start preparing for week 10.

I think it is hilarious that people are trying to play the "Valley is getting no respect card." Valley is 8-0 and not one Wheelersburg person has gotten on here this week and said anything other than "it will be a hard fought game" or "Wheelersburg will have to bring their A-game like they did against Minford to beat this talented bunch Valley has."

Some people should just stop trying to drum up bulletin board material for the Indians. If that is what they need in order get up for this game, then they aren't nearly as good as I thought.

johnny5
Waterboy

Post by johnny5 »

burgbacker wrote:
Some people should just stop trying to drum up bulletin board material for the Indians. If that is what they need in order get up for this game, then they aren't nearly as good as I thought.[/quote]

Anyone else see the Irony in that?

burgbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbacker »

Irony? Not so fast.....I happen to have enough respect for Valley to think that they don't need bulletin board material to beat Wheelersburg.

My point was that this is a very very good Valley football team. They should not need to scour internet message boards for a reason to get motivated to play Wheelersburg. Their talent, ability, success to date, as well as the potential impact of a victory (first win over Burg in 40+ years, driver's seat for the gold football, prime playoff seed, etc) should be more than enough to motivate them and allow them to keep their focus.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

^^^ I agree

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

yawwwwwn

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

BURG BY7 LATE......

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I missed the part where the Valley football players or the Wheelersburg football players were on this site doing anything that has anything to do with the game. I'm pretty certain that the KIDS from both TEAMS will be more than motivated come game time and I'm also pretty certain that this website nor any other website or media outlet will have ANYTHING to do with it.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Bo_Diaz wrote:
Valley is a very talented team, with alot of weapons. But their 2 best players are Holcomb and Yates. Valley had 266 total yards against West. Yates was 8-12 106yds. passing, 14 rushes for 102yds. Holcomb had 7 rushes for 47yds, and caught 3 passes for 54yds. That only leaves 11yrds.
I think your numbers are a little off. I know that Hartley, Keller and Dwyer had almost 20 recieving yards each. Dwyer's TD catch was an 18 yard completion.

Aside from that your point is well taken. The Indians D bent but didn't break against West and the same effort will be needed Friday night. Because I too believe that Burg will get their rushing yards, so Valley needs to get them into 3rd and long situations.
I know that there was more receiving yards by other players. Hartley 2-20, Dwyer 1-18 for a td, and Keller 1-14. But I was counting that under Yates passing yards. Also Shultz had 5 carries for 11 yards.

Yates and Holcomb 24 attempts either running or receiving. The rest of the team 9 attempts.

Return to “Football”