Week 9: Wheelersburg (6-2) SOC (3-0) @ Valley (8-0) SOC (3-0

seasick80
All State

Re: Week 9: Wheelersburg (6-2) SOC (3-0) @ Valley (8-0) SOC

Post by seasick80 »

That Oline for Burg is getting NASTY!! Hats off to the Indians, scary team! Burgs nite tonight. And I still am impressed with how hard the Burg runners are running. Great job Burg!!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

HERD07 wrote:
siderman wrote:Is this game on the Valley network? When will the replay go up?
Yes it is on VSN. Should have the replay up within a half hour of the game ending.
what time is the replay going to start?

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

LOL

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Pirates on a very impressive performance and win over a very good Valley team. The Yates boy is the real deal and he throws a very nice ball, but the Burg kept him in check on his keepers and I think they said he only had 32 yards rushing. That was huge in this game. The Pirates running game was just in another world tonight. Almost 400 yards on the ground tonight. I'm sure Schankweilers 334 yards is a new school single game record. I can't recall a back from the Burg ever getting over 300 yards.

Great game, great atmosphere, great stadium, and a great result if you're a Pirate fan.

My only complaint was the Split The Pot. Is it normal for Valley to wait until 3 minutes left in the game to announce the numbers? Hell, half the people had already left by then or where leaving. Did anyone win it? If not, then that's a crock. Sounds like a scam to me to keep all the money. I have never been to a game where they waited that late to call the numbers. Almost every school does it right at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Great job Pirates!!! Now go claim the Gold Football next week and get yourselves into the playoffs!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Congrats to the Pirates on a very impressive performance and win over a very good Valley team. The Yates boy is the real deal and he throws a very nice ball, but the Burg kept him in check on his keepers and I think they said he only had 32 yards rushing. That was huge in this game. The Pirates running game was just in another world tonight. Almost 400 yards on the ground tonight. I'm sure Schankweilers 334 yards is a new school single game record. I can't recall a back from the Burg ever getting over 300 yards.

Great game, great atmosphere, great stadium, and a great result if you're a Pirate fan.

My only complaint was the Split The Pot. Is it normal for Valley to wait until 3 minutes left in the game to announce the numbers? Hell, half the people had already left by then or where leaving. Did anyone win it? If not, then that's a crock. Sounds like a scam to me to keep all the money. I have never been to a game where they waited that late to call the numbers. Almost every school does it right at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Great job Pirates!!! Now go claim the Gold Football next week and get yourselves into the playoffs!!!!

No, its usually always the end of the 3rd....when I heard them call it, I was suprised...maybe they forgot..lol

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck to Valley against Minford. Another great game here in Scioto county!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FIDO wrote:The Burg totally dominated the offensive line of scrimmage..#7 ran wild.....the defense created turnovers and BUrg took advantage... This team will have a say in who wins the region...

Valley will be ready to play next week...

Someone claimed the prize...I thought it was odd to wait that late too..
Well good. At least someone won it.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

WOW..!!! Complete Domination by the Burg! Great Game by Shank, the young man is a beast! Hats off to that Big/Physical line also! I hate to say it, but West may be in
t-r-o-u-b-l-e.....

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Shank had an awesome game, but the o-line controlled the game. The long drive in the 4th quarter said it all. Valley had all 11 in the box and could do nothing to even slow down the offense. They dug deep and wanted it more and shoved it down the field and were not going to be stopped.

Excellent onside kick by Lewis as well to set up the final score!!

Also, the PA system was horrible. I could not hear anything the announcer said all night (could have been because of all the milk jugs too....LOL). No wonder nobody claimed the split the pot because nobody could hear the numbers.
Last edited by 4thgoal on Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
FIDO wrote:The Burg totally dominated the offensive line of scrimmage..#7 ran wild.....the defense created turnovers and BUrg took advantage... This team will have a say in who wins the region...

Valley will be ready to play next week...

Someone claimed the prize...I thought it was odd to wait that late too..
Well good. At least someone won it.
I could still hear them calling numbers in the back ground on radio when Snuffy was interviewing Shank.BTW he did an awesome interview.presented himself and team in an excellent manner.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

4th n Goal wrote:Shank had an awesome game, but the o-line controlled the game. The long drive in the 4th quarter said it all. Valley had all 11 in the box and could do nothing to even slow down the offense. They dug deep and wanted it more and shoved it down the field and were not going to be stopped.

Excellent onside kick by Lewis as well to set up the final score!!

Also, the PA system was horrible. I could not hear anything the announcer said all night (could have been because of all the milk jugs too....LOL). No wonder nobody claimed the split the pot because nobody could hear the numbers.
My wife is gonna love me for the next three days! Cant talk with all the screaming and clamoring tonite! What a great game!! It was really loud on the Burg side of the field. (except for the 3rd Qtr LOL!)

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

demaniac1 wrote: It was really loud on the Burg side of the field. (except for the 3rd Qtr LOL!)

i think they kinda coasted a little after getting up 28-7 in the second quarter.
great game by both sides.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

congrats # 74 Tyler Brown and the rest of the line. Domination!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Did anyone notice all the cuts on the Burg hands tonight? Whats up with that? Shears and Hudgel and Shank (on the arm maybe?). Wierd

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

demaniac1 wrote:Did anyone notice all the cuts on the Burg hands tonight? Whats up with that? Shears and Hudgel and Shank (on the arm maybe?). Wierd
Yeah, I saw those. I thought when Shears came out holding his arm down that we were in trouble. I know Schank can run the team form the QB spot, but he is so much more effective at RB.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

CONGRATS PIRATES!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Scahnkweiler is the best player in the area PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

They can say all they want about Hale at Oak Hill, but can Hale line up behind center and play QB if needed? I highly doubt it.

His performance tonight was one of the best I've ever seen by a Burg back and that is almost 35 years of watching Burg footbal. IMO, the best back Burg has ever had put on a uniform and there has been some good ones.

I think everyone in the stadium knew who was getting the ball and with the big O-line making holes for him, Valley couldn't stop him.

Great job Burg and now on to bring back the Gold trophy back to the Burg next week against West.

Valley has a very nice team and next weeks showdown with Minford should be a dandy. Good chance Burg could meet either one of them in the playoffs hopefully in Portsmouth. Man, would that stadium be packed.

Piratefan89
Waterboy

Post by Piratefan89 »

I don't think the O-Line guys ever get the credit they deserve!! You could run(and they do) behind #74 Tyler Brown all night, they prove it over and over every game. Very dominate Lineman!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

its funny that u say that. he is really good. but i saw Reinhardt go out and Bowen stepped right in and got an initial block from his left tackle position and went downfield and tried to seal a linebacker. Burg has a good OLINE! I hope we can run behind Brown all night!! That kids calves look like my thighs! LOL!! But we have depth there too!!

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

That Oline dominated all night. How many times did Wburg punt?

Return to “Football”