Week 9: Waverly (0-8) @ Minford (6-2)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Week 9: Waverly (0-8) @ Minford (6-2)

Post by Bleeding Red »

Lets get some conversation on this game.

Minford seemed to have an easy game at Northwest. Waverly again struggling vs Burg.

Waverly seems to really be struggling this year. Minford could get a big lead early and work on sharpening up a few things to get ready for Valley.

I think the Falcons looking ahead would be the only thing that would give Waverly much of a chance in this game.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Re: Week 9: Waverly (0-8) @ Minford (6-2)

Post by ZacBrownBand »

I like the Falcons in this one. This Waverly team is young, too young to really compete with the likes of Minford right now. They should be much better in future years, but right now they need to just focus on working hard when they can. I don't think Minford will get caught looking ahead to the Indians.

Minford by about 3 td's or so

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I see the Falcons continuing to improve in every facet of the game in preparation for week 10 game with Valley and a playoff game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I don’t think Minford has ever beat Waverly 3 straight years, so there is a bit of history that can be made Friday night for these Seniors. I look for Minford to come out strong and take care of business early. Waverly last year was supposed to be down and the gave the Falcons all they wanted, so Minford needs to stay focused and seal the deal.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly didn't have 7 freshman playing on Friday night last year either.

Was McCain hurt or sick this past Friday? I didn't see him dressed for the Burg game.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Cant have any let downs this week, Minford has to take care of business to make the playoffs. A convincing win this week would be a great springboard into the Valley matchup, as Valley will have taken their lumps playing West and Wheelersburg in back to back weeks.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

my Falcons roll this week an go into next week against Valley fresh and ready to play an end of the season game that has been decided by a touch down or less the past 2 years. Proud to be a Falcon!

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

I remember when Ed Boiling threw up 70 plus on the Falcons, it looks like the worm has turned on the Tigers. I think the Falcons cash in on some return the favor.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Should be another cruiser for the Falcons. Waverly likes to throw it some I think which will be good for the secondary to get some work. Other than that I don't see this being very exciting. Minford by quite a bit, JV game some of 3rd to the end of the game again hopefully.

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

jungle cat wrote:I remember when Ed Boiling threw up 70 plus on the Falcons, it looks like the worm has turned on the Tigers. I think the Falcons cash in on some return the favor.
First of all, it's Ed Bolin...not Boiling. And second, what do you have against Waverly? This is at least the second time that you've wanted a team to run up the score against the Tigers. You wanted West to run it up, too. It sounds like you have some unresolved anger. You must have been on the losing end of some pretty bad beatings against Waverly.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Well, that's why you don't run up a score on any team no matter what, because one day there will come a time when they'll have a chance to do it to you, and really what's the point? You also risk player injury doing that. I doubt Minford would intend to hang 70 on any team, as their coaching staff has more class than that, plus they want to stay heathly for the showdown next week with backyard rival Valley.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Who says that minford will have the chance to run up the score on Waverly? Don't count your chickens before they hatch. :mrgreen:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Exactly!

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

Vladimir,
I agree 100%. Running up the score is pointless. It's poor sportsmanship and shows no class. What's the point if you beat a winless team by 30, 40, or 50? And like you said, you risk injury to your better athletes. Minford needs to be healthy going into week 10 hoping to get a share of the SOC title. I was just wondering why jungle cat has it out for Waverly.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Minford

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

That is also why Minford has a couple of times already when the game is out of reach, take a knee on the extra point attempt.
That is very respectful of the Falcons or any team that will do that.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Minford seniors need to realize that if they take care of business the next two weeks, then the Waverly game wont be their last game at the Pasture of Pain. ;)

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Maniac,

It was a "pasture" when I played, but now the Falcons have given up that title to us (maybe not the pain part lately). :) We're going to change that, though....hopefully, both the pasture and the pain. After what happened at the West side last Friday, I just hope everybody plays hard and comes out healthy. Good luck to both teams, as I'm looking forward to seeing the 2010 version of the Falcons. I think Bob runs a class program, and I'm amazed at what he's been able to do there on a consistent basis.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

bookem13 wrote:Maniac,

It was a "pasture" when I played, but now the Falcons have given up that title to us (maybe not the pain part lately). :) We're going to change that, though....hopefully, both the pasture and the pain. After what happened at the West side last Friday, I just hope everybody plays hard and comes out healthy. Good luck to both teams, as I'm looking forward to seeing the 2010 version of the Falcons. I think Bob runs a class program, and I'm amazed at what he's been able to do there on a consistent basis.

Who is Bob?

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I think he still thinks Bob Ashley stll leads the Falcons, lol.
Brent Daniels is the man. Bob is back at Notre Dame.

Return to “Football”