SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Post by wobycat »

West will be playing with a lot of emotion and intensity. The SOC is up for grabs for them and they will be hungry for it. I feel Burg is the better team especially without Pendelton but West is still a good solid team.

The keys for a Burg victory is to stay focused on their gameplan and keep West from building momentum. If it is close come 4th qtr, West has a great shot at winning.

Go Burg!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Gonna be a good one Friday night.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Burg by 24 or more, West is done!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Come'on! This is West v Burg! No way Burg wins by that much, especially at West. The way Burg wins is to come out quick and score plenty. Get the other team down and maintain till the oline wears em down even more. Thats where Shank is so valuable. West has some great players and they get their yards. Burg must play gap assignment and ends contain the misdirection. Great game!

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

This one will be decided on the field & hopefully not by the officials like in the Pittsburgh game :122246 .

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

jungle cat wrote:Burg by 24 or more, West is done!
News travels fast. How did you know? I heard they went ahead and cancelled practice for the rest of this week. lol

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

WestSportsFan wrote:
jungle cat wrote:Burg by 24 or more, West is done!
News travels fast. How did you know? I heard they went ahead and cancelled practice for the rest of this week. lol

No need for that you will stiil be playing in week 11 even after the loss to BURG!!!!

BURG by a bunch!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burgs O and D lines just need to do their jobs and everything else will fall into place.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

West_Sider wrote:Its my opinion that save Ironton, West will be the best run defense that Wheelersburg has seen all year. West defenders will come out like their hair is on fire from the begining.Thats just a given. But, can they maintain that intensity the entire game (and there have been past Burg games that they could not) that will be key to limiting Shank..
because you cant stop him from getting his yards. Let me give you an example. When I was a senior Wheelersburg was a big favorite in the game. They had excellent players.. Eaton, Pyles, Mac, ect. They should have owned us. We held them to 14 points in the first half. And trust me, when I say held to 14, those boys very good and that was how good they were. We played with so much intensity that by half time we were flat out wore out. I started over 30 games while at West and that was as tired as I ever was at the half, moreso than any game in which I played 4 quarters of football. The second half was a different story. What I learned from that was that you have to play with intensity, but you cant fire all your bullets at one time. There is such a thing as being too fired up, and wasting energy. Too many times I believe this happens to West in the Burg game. You must play with controled rage. If these boys do that, they will be in the game 4 quarters with a chance to win at the end.

West has been good at protecting the ball all year even in a loss to Valley. So protecting the ball and forcing the Burg into some turnovers will also be key for West. And I believe that Ratliff must be allowed to throw the ball about 15 times. He has a fine arm and is accurate along with being poised and setting his feet off playaction. He can be a difference maker in this game and will have to be.

I look forward to seeing a hard hitting, hard fought contest in which the team that commits the least mistakes and executes best is the victor.
Ditto

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I didn't see Slone from the burg in the Valley game is he injured or what?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Week 10 is going to be a dandy.

Offense - Edge Burg - Senior offensive line does a great job. Of course they have a great tailback and the QB is athletic. FB is a nice lead blocker

Defense - Slight Edge to West - West is good against the run, I would give them the full edge if Trevon was in there.

Special Teams - Edge - Burg - Burg has a great kicker and Shank returns punts and kickoffs

Coaching- Edge - Even - Both staffs do a nice job with their respective teams.

Intangibles - Even - West is more than likely in playoffs, so they are playing for that piece of soc and pride. Burg is playing for the playoffs.

Going to be a good one.

Go Burg!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

old pirate wrote:I didn't see Slone from the burg in the Valley game is he injured or what?
Sloan? If that is same man, Ur right, I didnt see him either. #55 right?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Andy is actually No. 80 now and is playing TE. Has been a great addition on the line for blocking purposes. They moved him there when they moved Luster to the FB spot.

I'm pretty sure he was on the field the other night.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Andy is actually No. 80 now and is playing TE. Has been a great addition on the line for blocking purposes. They moved him there when they moved Luster to the FB spot.

I'm pretty sure he was on the field the other night.
:-D

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I have to root for West in this game....simply because with a West, and Valley win..

West
Burg
Valley

would be the SOC2 champs!

I'll be rooting for all SOC teams in the playoffs!!!

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I was out of town a couple of weeks and didn't know about # change. I didn't see his name on the Valley replay lineup. Thanks for the information.

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

It's funny to see that Wheelersburg has more fans now than week 2
I guess the bandwagon kind of expanded and the real fans were not!!
well not really fans at all!!
Burg fans on here? not all but most, and also the so called die hard fans they
call themselves wrote US OFF and went to other games because they were all
so worried about these other teams that we were going to have to play anyway
couldn't wait so turned their back on the team when they needed you the most.
And now everyone and ney sayers want to say I knew you could do it! I believed in you
the whole time yeah right and BULL $#!! to go with it, do yourself a favor save your time and money
don't go because they needed you then not NOW!!!!!!!!
Just off subject, but to make a point during BURG'S baseball state playoffs everyone came
out of the woodwork same result, we knew you could do it..
But regular season you couldn’t round up two handfuls of people and the chickens,
point being!! be a true fan don't act like one support your team when they need you most!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE BURG! make us proud but first make yourself proud, after all the players and the game
itself will decide the out come NOT ALL THE B.S ON HERE...... GO BURG

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Hey Orange_N_Black_Fan don't beat around the bush, tell us what you think.

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

nerkfan wrote:Hey Orange_N_Black_Fan don't beat around the bush, tell us what you think.

I DID!!!!!!!!! GO BURG..

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

darn ONBF I feel you, but darn. What did you have for lunch?

Return to “Football”