SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Westfan
SEOP

Re: SOC2 Championship: Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West

Post by Westfan »

Soho wrote:darn ONBF I feel you, but darn. What did you have for lunch?
He's right, on here before the Minford game most posts I read didn't give Burg a chance. A couple guys I know from burg, had done given up on them and basically conceded the West game. Now, out of the woodwork they come.

burggrad_00
Waterboy

Post by burggrad_00 »

This should be a great High School football game! BOTH teams play very hard, I jus think the BURG is too much for West! Good Luck BURG!!

We are...The BURG!!

SRC114
Waterboy

Post by SRC114 »

West wins close........at least I hope.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Andy is actually No. 80 now and is playing TE. Has been a great addition on the line for blocking purposes. They moved him there when they moved Luster to the FB spot.

I'm pretty sure he was on the field the other night.
he had a heck of a game against ironton. I really thought he and #54 did a great job that game. I am terrible with names, so forgive me for that.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

siderman wrote:
Soho wrote:darn ONBF I feel you, but darn. What did you have for lunch?
He's right, on here before the Minford game most posts I read didn't give Burg a chance. A couple guys I know from burg, had done given up on them and basically conceded the West game. Now, out of the woodwork they come.
14 posters for burg on the Minford game. I checked it! LOL. not many of them thought burg would win that game. I havent checked the burg/Valley game. I was there tho. Burg did a better job than West did. Doesnt mean anything to me. This will be a BRAWL!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

BTW, same posters for burg on here when it was Minford/Burg thread. I thought bot hteams had significantly more fans rooting for their teams in years past?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Valley's style is a bad matchup for West. We're old school and that doesn't match up well to spread offenses.

Burg is better than valley, but they play alot more like we do.

It's really not realistic to use the Valley game as a judge of the two teams considering the style valley plays is totally different than what both of these teams will do.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I thought Burgs matchup V Valley was bad for burg, I didnt like the spread vs Burgs coverage but burg did pretty good. Like Ive said before, burg has made alot of changes to their D that have worked out pretty well. Woodward is very good on D and the flexibilty of the players of the D for burg has worked out so far. West is a whole nuther deal. (SP? LOL) Good oline, very good Dline. Its a chess match. And that darn stomping on the metal seats and the blow horn are annoying to visitors! Burg needs to get out all the fans they can to nullify the Siders! We did it vs Valley, we can do it this week!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West will cause burg alot of problems that they haven't seen since Ironton, that is for sure. This is a fine group of boys and I know they'll give it their all. We don't have game breakers. What we need is a grinder. Long time sustaining drives and maybe get lucky with a couple turnovers. Can't give the big play to Shankwieler (easier said than done). Stay close or play with a lead and keep momentum. If the game is close 4th quarter, maybe the pressure swings to Burg.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

siderman wrote:West will cause burg alot of problems that they haven't seen since Ironton, that is for sure. This is a fine group of boys and I know they'll give it their all. We don't have game breakers. What we need is a grinder. Long time sustaining drives and maybe get lucky with a couple turnovers. Can't give the big play to Shankwieler (easier said than done). Stay close or play with a lead and keep momentum. If the game is close 4th quarter, maybe the pressure swings to Burg.
Burg has played both very many times. Woodward included. He will be ready. Three headed MONSTER has not gone unnoticed! Even with the BEAST gone from ur ranks! Burg will show up and get the job done!

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

Have they found the bell yet?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I hear ya orangenblackfan..not really a Burg backer here but after the OH game there was lots of talk about an old ball coach coming back and people questioning Rob. He is a good coach and fairly young for having had the success he has had, Burg better hold onto him as long as they can. Many programs would love to have a young coach with play-off experience and big game experience. Now he is back in good graces with the posters and Burg fans on here. On a personal level, I know he really has adopted the Burg community as his own and lives the game. I hope Burg wins Friday, because I am rooting for Coach W, and hope they prove to reg 19 who is playing the best football right now plus I hate to see lesser teams in and Burg sit home next Sat night.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think Coach W has done a great job since he has taken over as well and I agree he has adopted the Burg community as his own. The players, students, parents and fans all seem to respect him and what he has done. It really seemed that Coach Lewis never really got in the groove and always seemed like an outsider, although he did have success at Burg.

I think the reduction in Burg fans on here is partly because there seems to be less of the students and pot stirrers (not even from Burg) on here saying every week that Burg will win by 30+.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just heard that ticket prices are $6.00 and the extra dollar was going for something. Does anyone know what it is going for?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Just heard that ticket prices are $6.00 and the extra dollar was going for something. Does anyone know what it is going for?
$1 dollar of each adult ticket will benefit The Portsmouth West UCAN scholarship fund .Saw that in the paper

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

D-5 wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Just heard that ticket prices are $6.00 and the extra dollar was going for something. Does anyone know what it is going for?
$1 dollar of each adult ticket will benefit The Portsmouth West UCAN scholarship fund .Saw that in the paper

SO, they are asking another school to help fund a scholarship given out by them to a West student??????

I don't have a problem with trying to help kids out, but come on, asking another community to help you with this.

Shoot, Burg should have charged $10.00 a ticket this year to help rebuiled the stands and put in the turf.

I see this opening up a can of worms.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
D-5 wrote:

SO, they are asking another school to help fund a scholarship given out by them to a West student??????

I don't have a problem with trying to help kids out, but come on, asking another community to help you with this.

Shoot, Burg should have charged $10.00 a ticket this year to help rebuiled the stands and put in the turf.

I see this opening up a can of worms.

If you don't like it don't come.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I won't be there, the stadium is the worst in the area to see a ball game. Who ever decided to put a track arount the field should be shot.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

^^^^ I agree

bash
Riding the Bench

Post by bash »

thats the problem ........support another kid from another community?.....we are southern ohio.....and thats the problem,noone feels the need to help support anyone else but their own........what a terrible statement to not help out any kid.

Return to “Football”