SEOAL Championship: Jackson @ Gallia Academy

Who gets the win?

Total votes: 0

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SEOAL Championship: Jackson @ Gallia Academy

Post by noreply66 »

you don't think with Golden being in the back field you guys wouldn't have lost to Chillicothe?

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

And if we would have had Terelle Pryor and Beanie Wells we would have beat Ironton.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

noreply66 wrote:you don't think with Golden being in the back field you guys wouldn't have lost to Chillicothe?
Only if he was wearing the stripes.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jottings wrote:SEOAL Football Championships

Jackson
Totals-20
You forgot one, Jottings. Whether it's shared or outright is yet to be determined. :)

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

i HATE jackson wrote:hahaha idk..apparently the board hates jackson to!
Looks like none of the mods have had a problem with the user name so far, so I'm cool with it. Hate is a pretty strong word, but honestly, I would expect nothing less when it comes to this rivalry.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
noreply66 wrote:you don't think with Golden being in the back field you guys wouldn't have lost to Chillicothe?
Oh geeez here we go. What's gonna be your excuse this week if Jackson wins...the rain/mud?

The Chili game is in the past. Get over it. Looks like the Gallia players did while outscoring their opponents 104-47 in the past 2 games.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

There has been one thing you could pretty much count on Gallia Academy doing over the last decade regardless of the type of season they had.

Beating Jackson

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

Tubby wrote:
GalliaGrad78 wrote:
Oh geeez here we go. What's gonna be your excuse this week if Jackson wins...the rain/mud?

The Chili game is in the past. Get over it. Looks like the Gallia players did while outscoring their opponents 104-47 in the past 2 games.

I have GalliaGrad's back on this one. I watched the gamefilm and the zebras worked us over in that game. I don't understand people's hostility about this issue. We've all seen games where the officials did a poor job and probably affected the outcome of a game.

On the sidelines
Riding the Bench

Post by On the sidelines »

HATE & JEALOUSY GO TOGETHER

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

i HATE jackson wrote:There's only 1 thing in life i HATE, anybody wanna guess?
AHAHAHAH

If you wanna hate on us just remember it's mind over matter; We don't mind cause you don't matter.
P.S. BTW just so you know hatred is like the sincerest form of flattery

Roll Ironmen Roll!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Much of this is really stupid.

I'm glad our players and coaches (from both teams) have done outstanding jobs this season and give us this opportunity for such a high level game....with so much meaning.

*Jackson must prevent the BIG play from Gallia Academy.

*Jackson must tackle better than Gallia Academy.

*Jackson must be within 1 turnover of Gallia Academy's total.

*Jackson players MUST make the big play when the opportunity is in front of them....this has DESTROYED Jackson in the past. Be ready for the chance to make a game changing play......and when it comes about....let nothing stop you from making that play.

*Jackson players want a chance to redeem themselves for week #1.......here it is.

I respect Gallia Academy, it's team, coaches, fans etc.......I HATE stupidity.

GO Ironmen! Jackson has had many very good 7-3 and 8-2 teams......9-1 will set you apart from those. You wanna be remembered......win this game!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Ironman92 wrote: GO Ironmen! Jackson has had many very good 7-3 and 8-2 teams......9-1 will set you apart from those. You wanna be remembered......win this game!
Jackson has been playing football for 113 years. During that time, 11 Jackson football teams have won 9 games or more, and only 9 of those accomplished that feat in the regular season. A win on Friday would put this Jackson team in elite company.

*The 12th Jackson team to win 9 games or more.

*They're already the 21st SEOAL championship team from Jackson, but a win on Friday would make them only the 12th to win an outright title

*The 8th playoff berth in school history has been clinched, but a win on Friday gives the Ironmen a chance to host a playoff game for only the third time ever, and the first time at Alumni Stadium

This game is not only a chance to defeat your archrival, but also a chance to cement this team's legacy among the greatest that the Ironmen football program has to offer...

X-Factor5
Waterboy

Post by X-Factor5 »

"i HATE jackson", join the club my friend.

Ironman92's previous post was right on the dot, the only thing I would have thrown in was that in order to win this game, the Ironmen MUST capitalize on Gallia Academy turnovers; especially those inside Blue Devil territory.

What an oppurtunity these kids have in front of them this Friday. Games like the one that will be played Friday night are what these kids deam about. Both teams, but this post is moreso focused towards Jackson. After starting the season out with a devastating week 1 loss at Wellston, these young men have come together as a team and played their hearts out every Friday night. As i traveled back to Jackson the night of the loss at Wellston, I was discussing the game with my family the whole 10 miles home. I remember telling them that the loss that night was a blessing in disguise and that it may have been the best thing that could have happened. Now, in fear that i would have to walk the rest of the way home, i explained my reasoning behind it. I told them that if there was a team that was going to be able to rebound from that streak being snapped, it was this team. Now, saying that, i can't believe that this team has been on the roll that they have been. They have played unbelievable Jackson Ironmen football ever since. Sorry to get sidetracked though, back to my current post.

Jackson @ Gallia Academy. League Title on the line. Playoff spots on the line. I would assume it's Gallia Academy's senior night. What an atmosphere this is going to be. It will probably be raining and freezing. Both of these teams are very well-coached and athletically talented. This is going to be exciting. 9-1 is a team that's going to be remembered. Gallia Academy always comes ready to play this game, especially at home. I expect this to be as physical a football game as I have seen all year.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Just wanted to pass this along after talking to Coach Hall today.....

The Ironmen are having a pep rally and car bash and bonfire on Thursday night starting at 6:15 p.m. at the base of the hill which leads up to Jackson High School on Vaughn Street.

The marching Ironmen, cheerleaders will be there, they'll have a Blue and White painted car for a car bash with sledgehammers, etc.

The Jackson community is encouraged to come out and join in the fun.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Tubby wrote:
GalliaGrad78 wrote:

Relax, just a little light hearted jab.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Well I don't live in the past, I respect the past, memories and Traditions. It's that simple. Now stating that I would also like to congratulate the 2 teams on something else. No One had these two teams looking down from atop the standings at the beginning of the year. I did state however that this team would go 8-2 and most people laughed at me. I would have to say that BOTH of these teams have exceeded most fans expectations and have now moved the bar higher in all those peoples eyes.

The staffs and players from these teams should be commended for playing above and beyond what was really expected of them as EVERYONE had the Portsmouth's and Warren's and Logan's winning this league going away with Gallia Academy and Jackson at the bottom, both with losing records.

Especially after the first weeks when Wellston was crowned king of SEOHIO after knocking off Jackson...Jackson didn't fold, It did help that their schedule favored them a bit with a few confidence games in front of them and thats all the staff needed to convince them they were good. GAHS looked on building from last years end of season and used that to motivate them over the summer and came into the year confident and couldn't wait to see if their hard work would pay off. Losing in a scrimmage to Portsmouth West gave them motivation to work harder as they seen what they needed to do.

Both Teams deserve the respect they have earned... no reason to post Idiotic comments like Williams will run all over you. First of all the guy proves stupidity when GAHS doesn't even have a Williams on the team :)
2nd the Chilly game was almost indescribable as GAHS held them to 100 yards outside of one play for the game and I think 1 first down and lost over 250 yards to penalties. It was just an odd game and if you haven't had a chance to watch the game over and over it would be hard to understand. Just as Wellston's win, I watched that game and still can't believe Jackson lost. Jackson did a lot of good things in that game but somehow just kept shooting themselves in the foot every chance they got.

Hope to see 2 great teams show up to play Friday night.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Thanks for the info gahs4ever. Jackson fans you wanna get down there early if you wanna park in the back lot it fills up pretty quick if I remember right.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Parking has been bad at Memorial Field since I played midget league there in the 1980s.

I suspect it always will be dreadful.

Green14
Waterboy

Post by Green14 »

If Gallia Academy can get Wilson in the open field its going to be a long night for the jackson defense. as for the gallia defense if they can stop the running game of jackson it will be a win for the devils. also if they can avoid the turnovers they will be in good shape. Its senior night at memorial field, so much on line. playoffs and league implications are on the line. its going to be a great atmosphere at memorial field. gallia will be ready to play and G-Force will be a rockin! Go Blue Devils!!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

green14.... to many ifs......go red

Return to “Football”