WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I think Minford takes "The Roadsign Rivalry" for the 5th straight time in this one. It's win or go home for the Falcons, and I don't think this group is done just yet. Coach Daniels and his staff will have the team ready as they always do. This IMO is Minfords biggest rival, neither team has a problem getting up for this game every year. Should be a great game, I'm excited to watch two good teams battle it out for pride and playoffs on friday. Let's Go Big Red

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

FIDO wrote:Well he!!.......I'm just going to go fishing......I haven't seen Scioto County have so much speed in my lifetime...Now, who won all the state track meets last spring? I just don't know how poor little ole lead footed valley can win a track meet....I guess we'll just have to roll over and let minford waltz its way into the playoffs...

It doesn't take all speed to win track meets. No one from this area won state in track last spring. Minford's 4x100 meter relay finished 8th and by the way Valley's Joe Brickey finished 8th in the shot put so if we score the state meet it would be a tie. By the way Burgs 4x200 meter relay team finished 9th in that same meet and Tyler Craigmiles finished 7th in the 200 meter dash so sounds like Burg finished ahead of both Minford and Valley.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

Sounds like we should bring our tape measures Friday night! lol

I couldn't agree more with IronFalcon's assessment of the rivalry... Always a great game and there have been very few blowouts over the past 15-20 years. You gotta love that so much is on the line this Friday!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Big Poppy wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:They just need to get the ball in Butcher's hands more and let his legs do the work. he is the fastest kid I have seen in high school when he went racing down the sideline against Waverly Friday night. Not second guessing our coaching staff because they do a great job......but Gaines is great on the inside traps and counters, Piquett and Slone on the dives and belly and Piquett and Butcher around the end will be VERY hard to contain. Now I am not saying they have to line Butcher up in the wing to do that, he can run the waggle and either dump it off or wait for the corners and LB's to suck downfield with the recievers and take off. Not many kids in southern Ohio are going to run him down.
fastest ever ? really?
Really. And I have seen alot of fast kids race down the sideline.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

chicken_coop wrote:
FIDO wrote:This crap cracks me up!!! They'll line up, knock the snot out of each other, and who wins plays week 11 and who loses goes deer hunting...It's really that simple...Aside from a season ending injury at West and another player with a little ding, Valley will be at 100%....It's not like they have been razzlin grizzlies...Geesh folks!!! How many of you posting have ever played a down? Seriously!!! Some of the things being said is just plain silly!!

I've often asked myself what the percentage of people who ACTUALLY played in a game (not put on a uniform, but PLAYED) would be...hahaha
I would guess it would be a low percentage. Under 25%. JMO

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Bleeding Red wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:
FIDO wrote:This crap cracks me up!!! They'll line up, knock the snot out of each other, and who wins plays week 11 and who loses goes deer hunting...It's really that simple...Aside from a season ending injury at West and another player with a little ding, Valley will be at 100%....It's not like they have been razzlin grizzlies...Geesh folks!!! How many of you posting have ever played a down? Seriously!!! Some of the things being said is just plain silly!!

I've often asked myself what the percentage of people who ACTUALLY played in a game (not put on a uniform, but PLAYED) would be...hahaha
I would guess it would be a low percentage. Under 25%. JMO
I would agree with that.....maybe closer to 20% :lol:

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I think your probably right Coop...I think that this game will be as exciting as the last two years have been and the fans will get their money's worth. I loved playing at Valley when I was in school and i'm sure the Minford players now feel the same way...great facilities and great atmosphere when these two get together. May the best team win, and represent the SOC II in the playoffs.

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

Good luck to both teams. I went to Valley, and have nephews who play at Minford. I will not predict a winner to this one , it can go either way. Congrats to both teams this year, they both were fun to watch. I just hope no one get injured, Good luck to both teams.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

LMAO ! some of you posters from Burg, West and Minford just cant handle Valley having a successful season. But the funniest thing about this is Valley returns 18-20 of the most talented junior class in the county for there senior season next year so y'all just gonna have to deal with it cause we'll be right back here next season !

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

^^^ Yeah, if they return 100% healthy....like I have said before.....you never know!

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

N B Heat wrote:LMAO ! some of you posters from Burg, West and Minford just cant handle Valley having a successful season. But the funniest thing about this is Valley returns 18-20 of the most talented junior class in the county for there senior season next year so y'all just gonna have to deal with it cause we'll be right back here next season !
Who says they're the most talented jr. class? I would put West jr. class right there with them. And I don't know many teams that have beat our soph. class. If West don't win the SOC, I don't care who wins. So don't say I can't handle Valley having success.

Ok you did say some posters.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

N B Heat wrote:LMAO ! some of you posters from Burg, West and Minford just cant handle Valley having a successful season. But the funniest thing about this is Valley returns 18-20 of the most talented junior class in the county for there senior season next year so y'all just gonna have to deal with it cause we'll be right back here next season !
do you think West is an old team?
With Pendelton out, West is even younger than before.

On defense they have Journey and Bricker at corners, Locher at DE, Sparks at nose, with Compton and sometimes Caudill at Linebacker.

On offense they have Locher, Journey, and Bricker in the backfield, Caudill at Guard, and Compton switching in at Tight end. And like the other poster said our soph class is stacked. West will be in the thick of it for the foreseable future.

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

That is if you don't loose them to the NFL draft. LOL!!!!!!!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burgbball wrote:

That is if you don't loose them to the NFL draft. LOL!!!!!!!!!
Well, I hate to be THAT guy...but since you were clowning on someone else.....it's actually

"That is if you don't LOSE them to the NFL draft. LOL!!!!!!!!!"
Last edited by coop on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

First of all I hope and pray for an injury free game for both sides. It would be a shame for whomever wins this to go into week 11 banged up. I truly believe that this will be a great game , throw the records and stats out the window. With that said , I have faith that my Falcons will have a strong showing for themselves win or lose. If the Indians win , good luck in week 11. GO RED.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I don't think Valley can stop the Minford running game, but I also don't think Minford will be able to contain Yates' athleticism either passing or running. Both teams know they need this game to have a shot at the playoffs, but I see Minford being more rested and being motivated with the loss of Coach Berry and getting the win at Valley. I guess it is possible that Minford could win and both teams could be out of the playoffs?

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

FIDO wrote:Aside from a season ending injury at West and another player with a little ding, Valley will be at 100%....
gettin' kinda personal there ain't cha ??? :oops: :oops:

you must think Bleeding Red is still playing. :122246 :lol:

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

thats funny KVDW, that you would know about another players little ding.....lmbo

I guess I had you all wrong, as in straight!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Who is on 99.3 this week? Tough choice imo! This will be as good a game as Burg/West

Return to “Football”