WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

vladimir
S

Re: WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by vladimir »

I don't know of any true Minford fan that thinks this is gonna be a blowout. Only 3 hrs until we get down to the business of: The battle of Minford-Lucasville Rd.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Word I got....was Yates was going to be re-evaluated after school today and a decision would be made..so from what I'm hearing it's a gametime decision.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

waverly34 wrote:my nephew plays for valley....yates is out for tonight...no questios he done until playoffs
if he doesn't play tonight, there may be no playoffs. :shock:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If the kid has a concussion and he plays and does worse damage, is it all worth it?

He has another year left.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:If the kid has a concussion and he plays and does worse damage, is it all worth it?

He has another year left.

Not worth it at all....if he's out Valley will still come to battle, look for Holcomb at QB and Keller moving to RB...

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Man, I wish I would have seen this before I made my picks because I sure wouldn't have picked Valley. I hope he's okay and his health is much more important than a high school footbell game. I hope his parents and coaches realize this.

Buckeye_demon32
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye_demon32 »

Yates is out that's coming from his dad

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

yates is not playing...

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

0-0 at the half

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Minford finally breaks the scorless tie, 7-0.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Valley scores on a hook and ladder with 1:35 to play. They go for two and while the ball crosses the plane the far official says no good. Valley is ripped off on this one.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I would be fine if the kid didnt get in....but the ball was CLEARLY across, and the back judge was SHAKING HIS HEAD YES...

It's sad that these kids fought to get back, have the guts to go for the win and MAKE it....and then they are ripped off. It's not Minfords fault, but it's sad.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Was a very ugly and sloppy game with both QB'S out. couldn't see if the runners knee was down on the 2pt conversion or not on TV but it had to be a close play either way. Both teams played hard all night.

Congrats to Minford on another playoff appearance!
Congrats to Valley on a fine season!

hopefully Valley can sneak in at #8

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

so it ended 7-6 ?

bash
Riding the Bench

Post by bash »

watched the game on net.....i know as players,coaches and fans you can't see everything live like instant replay but the officials are suppose to be watching for that particular play.....the back judge shakes his head that he scored the 2 point conversion and 3 times watching the instant replay he was defiantly in....who made the call?Sloppy game but valley got robbed in this game...good job minford and wish both teams success

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

bash wrote:watched the game on net.....i know as players,coaches and fans you can't see everything live like instant replay but the officials are suppose to be watching for that particular play.....the back judge shakes his head that he scored the 2 point conversion and 3 times watching the instant replay he was defiantly in....who made the call?Sloppy game but valley got robbed in this game...good job minford and wish both teams success

The UMPIRE who is on the complete opposite side of the field came in and overuled the guy shaking his head yes, I dont know how or why.....but I feel for those kids.

johnny5
Waterboy

Post by johnny5 »

it didn't even seem that hard of a call to make live... I was there looked pretty obvious to me...I feel for Valley they are 3 td's better than minford @ 100%. Valley would have probably got out of the first round. This is the 2nd time I've seen minford. Pretty vanilla offense, and VERY VERY undisciplined! They are a 1 and done... unless their playoff draw has their star player out like oakhill,west and valley.... better to be lucky than good. Hate to see refs determine the outcome like that. Good luck SOC.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

johnny5 wrote:it didn't even seem that hard of a call to make live... I was there looked pretty obvious to me...I feel for Valley they are 3 td's better than minford @ 100%. Valley would have probably got out of the first round. This is the 2nd time I've seen minford. Pretty vanilla offense, and VERY VERY undisciplined! They are a 1 and done... unless their playoff draw has their star player out like oakhill,west and valley.... better to be lucky than good. Hate to see refs determine the outcome like that. Good luck SOC.

I'm not taking ANYTHING away from Minford, it's not thier fault that the official BLEW the call....they were the beneficiary of a terrible call, and I wish them luck. What I will say to anyone who disputes what I've said.....watch the replay on VSN.

Good Luck to Minford in week 10.

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

KVDW wrote:
FIDO wrote:Aside from a season ending injury at West and another player with a little ding, Valley will be at 100%....
gettin' kinda personal there ain't cha ??? :oops: :oops:

you must think Bleeding Red is still playing. :122246 :lol:
It wasn't a player I seen with a little ding in the 4th quarter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

I was standing on the Minford side right about the goal line, and I was looking for the RB to reach the ball over as he hit the hole pretty hard, but right when he did a Falcon backer came up and folded him up. What a great game by these two teams, we definitley got our moneys worth and more. By the way someone should tell the streaker to try out for the football team, that guy had some wheels. :lol:

Return to “Football”