D3 R12 #5 Jackson (9-1) @ #4 Eaton (10-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Re: D3 R12 #5 Jackson (9-1) @ #4 Eaton (10-0)

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

One more day for the Ironmen to head up and start "eaton some eagles"!

Yodiak2
Waterboy

Post by Yodiak2 »

I thought the Jackson fans might be interested. The Richmond, In paper ran this story that talks a lot about Jackson.

http://www.pal-item.com/article/2010110 ... e-football

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Thanks Yodiak interesting

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

One more day!! This week has drug by but it seams like the past 10 weeks have flew by.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Good luck to the iron men, hopefully my updated does a good job and keeps me informed, lol

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

Id rather not be known as a hilljack playin football

KINGheat
Riding the Bench

Post by KINGheat »

Yodiak2 wrote:
KINGheat wrote:After this Saturday Eaton will not only know who the Jackson Ironmen are, but how the whole SE plays. Hard Hittin football
Jackson will also find out who Eaton is and what SW football is all about.... We don't hit hard here in SW Ohio football... :)
After seein your films, you guys deff don't like it. hahahaha

dbr770
Waterboy

Post by dbr770 »

Anyone heard how many buses are leaving for Eaton, minus the team? :aaaaa12

Yodiak2
Waterboy

Post by Yodiak2 »

KINGheat wrote:
Yodiak2 wrote:
KINGheat wrote:After this Saturday Eaton will not only know who the Jackson Ironmen are, but how the whole SE plays. Hard Hittin football
Jackson will also find out who Eaton is and what SW football is all about.... We don't hit hard here in SW Ohio football... :)
After seein your films, you guys deff don't like it. hahahaha
We shall see in about 32 hours... :twisted:

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I think 3 plus whoever is driving.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Ok who is going to send me updates from the Jackson game and I will return the favor and send updates of the Oaks game

1959IRISHA
Waterboy

Post by 1959IRISHA »

GO IRONMEN !!!

swblfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by swblfootballfan »

X-Factor5 wrote:It's finally Friday! Why couldn't this game be played tonight instead of tomorrow night? The next 24 hours will seem like a week. That being said, lets talk a little bit of football.

As we all know, the Jackson Ironmen (9-1) are traveling to Eaton to take on the Eagles (10-0). Eaton is a terrific team with talent and athleticism all over the field. Jackson, as most of us know, are a Power, Smashmouth, Physical football team on both sides of the ball.

Eaton, although I previously stated them to be a 'finese team', can also play very physical football up front. Their defensive line is going to be the overall best the Ironmen have seen all season long, without a doubt. Their offensive line averages about 270 across the board as well. So let's not get to ahead of ourselves thinking that the Ironmen are going to go into Eaton and not allow a point and win by 4 scores. Believe me, thats not going to happen. This game will be very physical in the trenches all night long. However, i don't necessarily believe this game will be decided up front. Both teams MUST make plays in the secondary and in their Linebacking corps. With our run and their pass, this will ultimately prove to be the decisive factor. I know I may take some heat for saying this, but let's think about it here. Eaton throws a lot of two step drop routes to their receivers, allowing them to play in space (this also plays into why Cole French has completed 75% of his passes). As a result of this style of offense, they don't need much time up front. So a missed tackle or two by the Ironmen and see ya! Touchdown Eaton. Now, on the other side of the football, Jackson Running Backs Klay Arthur and Drew Ervin can do a lot with just a slight crease up front. Arthur's yards after contact have been through the roof. So if Klay can break a tackle or two on his own, Touchdown Ironmen! This game has big play potential written all over it. Their high potent offense versus our very agressive defense. Our power running game versus their speedy secondary. Sounds like two pretty good match-ups if you ask me.

Defensively, Eaton runs a typical 4-4 base defense. Similar to Gallia Academy, but not quite the same. The question for Eaton is how they're going to respond to a physical football game. How will the respond to an Offensive Line that is going to bring the wood every play? I think their defensive line will be fine. I'm questioning how their second level Linebackers will respond to our offensive line and lead backs. How well they tackle is going to play a key role as well. As for Jackson, the secondary always seems to be a question for the Ironmen. A lot of the time, people say we are too slow to play with teams such as Eaton. Our defense is quick up front, with some size as well. Our Linebackers are very physical. And probably our best defensive characteristic, we have a difficult defense to prepare for. All of these factors will play key roles Friday night. Another thing people question is how we respond to the pass game, but we have 9 or 10 interceptions on the season. Ty McNelly has 7 alone that i know of, if not more. We play the pass pretty well most of the time. The key to the Ironmen's success on defense, getting pressure on French because he hasn't been hit much all season long and tackling in space. If we do those two things well. We'll live to fight another week.

The kicking game for both teams can be a back breaker. Special teams can be a killer in games like this for the Ironmen. They MUST play every play like it's their last, because that play may be the reason it's their last game.

All week, we've heard a lot of talk about the facilities. Last time i checked though, their field had grass on it. Thats the only thing that matters for these kids. You think these players care of there are locker rooms or how big the sidelines are? Absolutely not. For those of you who seem to have forgotten, we used to play football at the bottom of the hill before Alumni Stadium opened on September 11th, 2004. These kids grew up playing in an environment that had fans close to the action, on a grass surface. A lot of these kids, although thankful for the facilities they have, would very much enjoy a chance to play in this environment and they're looking forward to it. I don't believe that the Eaton facilities will play a negative factor in the game for either team.

Now, given all this information, I believe that Eaton is going to be a great place to be on Saturday night. This game is going to be a very memorable game for both teams. It's almost a shame that one of these teams have to lose. Both teams have worked very hard all season long to get to where they're at now. Only 192 teams out of over 700 in Ohio, are sitting in this position this week. This game can go either way. Thats why it's going to be a great matchup in which the Ironmen squeeze out a win.
I like my Ironmen in this one 33-28.

Go Ironmen!
I will say that this was very well thought out.

I am just wondering how rose colored the glasses you were wearing when you typed this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway all kidding aside. Maybe I overlooked it in your post but I am wondering what gives you the feeling that Jackson will put up 33 points? Is all of this being based on Jackson's size and being "physical"? That's just a small part of the game. Plus my wife says size doesn't matter.....not sure what she is getting at but I believe her. :122245

As we all know we will see how this all unfolds tomorrow night and both teams are playing with the chip on their shoulder because all the outsiders and nay sayers of these two teams have been chirping that neither has played a tough schedule. So good luck and let's all just sit back and enjoy the show tomorrow night. It's going to be interesting.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

don't be surprised if jackson puts up 30 or more .....but hopefully 1 more than the eagles......let the game begin...best to both teams

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!! BRING HOME ANOTHER VICTORY!!!!!!!!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Anyone know if there's gonna be any football games this weekend? :?:
Just wanderin hadn't heard anything! :lol:

ready 2 score
Waterboy

Post by ready 2 score »

Got alittle snow in the air here in Jackson.
Great football weather.
Go Ironmen!!!!!!!!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Last post before the big game for me. :12224
GO JACKSON
NEXT WEEK WE PLAY A LITTLE CLOSER TO HOME!!!!!!!! :122246 :122246 :122246
To all of the Seton posters thank you for the information and directions and such. I know that we all chest pound a little but that's what high school sports are about and there's not a thing wrong with supporting and believing in your team.
I look forward to meeting you all at the food tent and look forward even more to a whale of a game.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
REDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :razz: :razz: :razz:

Yodiak2
Waterboy

Post by Yodiak2 »

This is a honest question to all of the Jackson fans. Do you really think Eaton is not physical ? I have read some posts on here and they have said that they have seen the videos of Eaton. I just wonder what game videos you watched.. We beat all our opponents by 28 or more except for 1. That game was our Wellston... Our defense has given up an average of 7.5 points per game and only once did we allow more than 7. I really don't know what to expect this weekend for Eaton's defense. But I do know they have been up to the challenge thus far. Our JV has been in the 4th qtr of all the games except 2 or we could have had a couple more shutouts. I know Jackson has great size, but quickness is also a consideration. I am not necessarily talking about the skilled positions. I am talking about the offensive and defensive lines as well. I think skill wise, the speed is vey close... I just wonder how the 'heavies' move. Our defensive line is very athletic. Our offensive line is athletic as well. I still think it comes down to Jackson's o-line vs Eaton's d-line... I think Eaton will score. They have all year. I think Eaton will have to play a very sound game defensively to keep Jackson in check. Eaton will have to swarm to the ball to keep the big Jackson backs from breaking tackles. But I am not sure Eaton's defense will give up 30 points or more to a running team. If they do, then Eaton could be in trouble.. Although Eaton averages 37 points per game as well.. Can you let me know what you saw on the film that leads you to believe we are not physical ?

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

just a little more info 52 our backs are not only big and strong and fast(klay caught and tackled one of Gallias speedy recievers from ten yards from behind in 35 yrds but he has carried tacklers 15 yrd after contact so it is not your typical run attack.If you are to be sucessful on defense you must try to stop the backs at the line of scrimage if they get into the linebackers they do have the ability to take it the distance.yes our offensive and defensive lines are big and strong and quik for thier size. just look at our running game as the hand off being a short pass. i understand your team is ballanced on the offensive side of the ball and both teams are great the game just needs to be played on the field by the young men and the better team will prevail.....

Return to “Football”