Who wins?

Total votes: 0

NY BUCKS
All State

Re: D5 R19 #5 Nelsonville @ #4 Minford

Post by NY BUCKS »

IRONFALCON wrote:
NY BUCKS wrote:Please post directions to minford field..Thanks
Same place the old stadium was. We opened up a new stadium a few years back, it is now a very nice place to take in some high school football. I know I'm biased, but I think and people from other schools often agree, it is the best stadium with natural grass in Southern Ohio.

Anybody bbq saturday....LOL

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Good luck Minford....represent the SOC!!

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I'm going with Minford by 14.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Are there any on-line games, like VSN or the Zone, with footage of Nelsonville?

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

Better bring a puke bucket for ur trip down 139, it's about as straight as clay Aiken..

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Is that power running back still at Nelsonville that played against Piketon in 08 and 09? He was tough. Can't remember his name.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

tap in bogey wrote:Is that power running back still at Nelsonville that played against Piketon in 08 and 09? He was tough. Can't remember his name.
I know who you're talking about. The kid was a work horse but, I think he graduated last year. I've heard that they have a huge fullback and runningback still and both are great ball players. I hope my falcons can get it done. It would be nice for Daniels to pick up his first playoff victory.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Caulker10 wrote:Better bring a puke bucket for ur trip down 139, it's about as straight as clay Aiken..
I know we had our disagreements, but that is funny right there.

Good one!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to both squads this week. i like both of them, and have friends from both.

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

By Gones, be by Gones bleedingred. Good luck this week...

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Just a fun Fact....Minfords Coach Brent Daniels has been a part of every Falcon team that has been in the Playoffs...either as a player or a Coach. This makes his 4th consecutive trip to the playoffs. and the Falcons have made the playoffs 6 times this decade. While only making it once in their entire history before 2000.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Brent Daniels cut his teeth at Burg and has tailored his program pretty much the same as Burg, all the way down to their pee wee program. As long as he is there, the Falcons will be hard to beat for years to come. He will have them in the playoffs every year and will have them competing for the SOC.

Good Luck Falcons

Go Burg!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

tap in bogey wrote:Is that power running back still at Nelsonville that played against Piketon in 08 and 09? He was tough. Can't remember his name.
No Derek Arnold graduated, He is coaching our backs this year though. NY has a great duo in the backfield and they are both hard to stop. If you key on one the other will burn you. Ny throws the ball well and they pride themselves on there defense..............I take all that back!! We can't block, can't tackle, we can't hold onto the ball and our boys can't read so it has been hard getting them to learn the playbook. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

I find the whole Clay Aiken thing shocking. Who knew? :122245

Go Bucks!

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

Good luck to minford, I honestly want you guys to win. However, I think this one belongs to NY.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Go Falcons, and good luck and Get ur Done.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

Nelsonville by 2 scores

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

NY will be selling pre-sale tickets this week:

Tuesday 2-7 at the football ticket booth

Wednesday 8-2 in Coach Boston's office and 5-7 at the football ticket booth

Thursday 8-2 in Coach Boston's office and 5-7 at the football ticket booth

Friday 8-2 in Coach Boston's office

Saturday 8-11 at the football ticket booth

Tickets are $7 pre-sale and $9 at the gate.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote:Brent Daniels cut his teeth at Burg and has tailored his program pretty much the same as Burg, all the way down to their pee wee program. As long as he is there, the Falcons will be hard to beat for years to come. He will have them in the playoffs every year and will have them competing for the SOC.

Good Luck Falcons

Go Burg!!!!
That's wrong in part. Daniels has been coaching since the Bailey brothers were at Minford 1992-1995. He left when Mark Fenick came in and went to Piketon for a year and then Larry Hall contacted him for a coaching job in W'burg. He came back to Minford when Brisker took over the Minford program and has been there ever since.

The weight and speed off-season program came from Coach John Berry and the time he spent at coaching at Columbus Bishop Hartley. Brisker hired John Berry and also hired some of the Marshall University S & D staff to come to Minford for a month and teach his coaches the newest and proper techniques in weight and speed training for football.

Minford did have a 4 team pee-wee program back in the 70s and early 80s and changed to a travel team. I will say the results from other programs that stuck to a 4 team inter-squad format, such as Burg, were much more successful in getting kids to stay within the program, thus they were having more successful at the varsity level. That's partly why the decision was made to change it back. Really, it wasn't that easy getting it changed, there were many meetings filled with arguments and many hurt feelings. In the end the proof is that Minford has made it to the playoffs with 8-2 records 4 consecutive years, with 1 outright SOCII Championship, so I think that is something everyone in the community can be proud of. The 2007 team was the first team to come from the new pee-wee program and Minford has had winning records ever since, so that decision was made long before Daniels took over.
Last edited by vladimir on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

WEEK 11 LET’S GO BUCKEYE’S

From what I am hearing both teams are pretty equal and it should be a great game but I will be going with my BUCKEYE’S pulling off the win in the 4th quarter as they have done many times this year.

BUCKEYE FOOTBALL BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”