D4 R15 - #1 Ironton vs. #4 Highland at Logan

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Re: D4 R15 - #1 Ironton vs. #4 Highland at Logan

Post by TigerTownKid »

Logan_Buckeye wrote:Not sure if Logan is charging for parking, I think they are, but anyway. If any of you want to tailgate, you can use my lot (I live directly accross from the school), only hitch is, I get to tailgate with you...lol... I usually charge for parking, but, I tailgated last year with some of you from Ironton last year and had a blast, so I'm offering my lot for free. I only have one slot spoken for so far if my deal is acceptable from my buddy down your way... So, if you want to msg me about a tailgate, let do it... :) Also, when it comes time to leave, I guarantee you will leave my lot before you get out of the school lot...lol
PM me!!

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Good Luck Ironton

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LOGAN BUCKEYE DON'T LET THESE OTHER CLOWNS TAKE MY SPOT. LOL

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:LOGAN BUCKEYE DON'T LET THESE OTHER CLOWNS TAKE MY SPOT. LOL
Who you callin clowns?!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

certainly not you lil buddy. lol.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Haha. You know me and FT45 will me the party all that much more fun.

tigerpower89
Freshman Team

Post by tigerpower89 »

I wont be able to make it to the game but i will be listening to 1230 wiro Rooting on my Tigers to advance to the next round Go Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

LOGAN IS GETTING READY TO SEE AND ORANGE AND BLACK WAVE COME TO IT'S TOWN TOMMOROW NIGHT.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:LOGAN IS GETTING READY TO SEE AND ORANGE AND BLACK WAVE COME TO IT'S TOWN TOMMOROW NIGHT.
Dod Nelson/York change their colors?

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

noreply66 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:LOGAN IS GETTING READY TO SEE AND ORANGE AND BLACK WAVE COME TO IT'S TOWN TOMMOROW NIGHT.

noreply - You need to spend your time recording stats...

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

javagt wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

noreply - You need to spend your time recording stats...
and bait needs to learn how to turn the caps lock off and how to spell "tomorrow"... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

I didn't get to make it up to Logan the last several years. Anybody tell me the directions to get there from ironton i'd really appreciate it. Thanks

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

Rt 93 all the way to rt 33 in Logan .... about 85 miles
turn right on Rt 33 towards Athens .... about 2 miles
trun right on Rt 328 Chieftain Stadium less than 1 mile....

or better road (a little longer)

Rt 93 to Jackson ...
turn onto Rt32 towards Athens
At Athens take Rt 33 thru Nelsonville
get off Rt 328 exit and turn left (about 11 miles from Nelsonville)
Stadium less than 1 mile...

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

WEBCAST LINK??
The one I have heard stated and have been posting when I do updates for Ironton doesn't work!!

On the internet: http://www.foxsports1230.com/main.html

I have heard mention of iheartradio.com, but don't understand the difference. Please, somebody clarify. I try to do updates to the best of my typing ability based on listening to Jason and Kevin on a RADIO, so I am not aware of how the computer webcast sounds or if the link works..
I know the broadcast range for WIRO - AM radio is very limited, but they say there is a simultaneous webcast available via computer. I'm sure that is true, and I appreciate the sponsors who make it possible; but what is the "link", and why does it keep changing? What is the problem??

WIROJason
Waterboy

Post by WIROJason »

For some reason, the link at foxsports1230.com works on some servers, but not others. For example, I can't listen to it on my computer in Ironton, but our PD can hear it on his in Huntington. I don't really understand why.

However, if you are having problems connecting through our website, you can listen live at http://www.iheartradio.com/main.html. Click on "Listen to 750+ Stations" then enter zip code 45638. That brings up all of our stations, including Fox Sports 1230. Click it and you can listen live online.

It's all really confusing to me why it works on one site but not the other. It's also a bit puzzling to our tech people.
Thanks for listening!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck tigers!! Get er DONE!

Strong side
Riding the Bench

Post by Strong side »

thanks javagt i appreciate it.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

GO TIGERS, KEEP SOUTHEASTERN OHIO ALIVE!!!!!

NewarkCatholicStud44
Waterboy

Post by NewarkCatholicStud44 »

This game will be a blowout Hartley scrimmaged Highland and absolutely just whooped them on every play of the game I think Ironton will win this and advance to the Regional Finals...Go Tigers!!!

tigergrad95
Waterboy

Post by tigergrad95 »

SPARTA -- Confidence has been abundant in the camp of the Highland football team during preparations for tonight's Division IV regional semifinal football playoff game with Ironton at Logan High School.

Even with the knowledge they were thumped by Ironton 36-0 in last year's postseason, the Scots (9-2) believe they have the tools to overcome a familiar playoff foe.

"We want that rematch," Highland senior Ryan Santille said. "We're very confident. From what we've seen in film of them, they are not the same team we saw last year. And neither are we."

A lot of the Scots' self-assurance came from last week's 38-7 Region 15 postseason victory over Portsmouth West.

The win was only the second playoff triumph in school history in seven tries. The other came in 2006 when Highland blanked Huron 20-0.

"We gained a lot of confidence last week," junior Hayden Mailey said. "This is the school's second time ever in the second round and it feels pretty good. That gives us a lot of confidence."

Highland head coach Chad Carpenter has noticed what a postseason victory can do to a team.

"It's been very upbeat around here," Carpenter said. "The kids are still working really hard. Nobody's content, and that's what I really like."

Carpenter said a different attitude has helped Highland taste playoff success for the first time in four years.

"Each year is unique and this year's group has decided to come out swinging," Carpenter said. "We've been trying to get them to do that, and it seemed like after River Valley (a win over the Vikings in the season finale to clinch a playoff berth), the light clicked on."

A good rush defense and the play of the team's front lines have also helped.

The Scots are allowing only 80 yards a game on the ground, and that starts up front with the defensive linemen. Offensively, Highland rushes for about 250 yards a contest behind stalwart blockers.

Leading the way up front have been seniors Jason Beltz, Dustin Eichhorn, Matt Stooksbury, Ethan Zuber, Jimmy Baldwin and Jordan Watson while juniors Jason Mavis and Payton Woodruff have also been a big part of Highland's success.

"Our lines are really getting off of the ball," Santille said.

Carpenter said Ironton's domination a year ago in the trenches solidified the Fighting Tigers' big margin of victory.

He's hoping for better results in that area of the field tonight.

"Our lines have really improved an awful lot over the last year," Carpenter said. "That was our key to success last week, our line surge.

"Our philosophy here is we have to control the line of scrimmage to be successful. Those guys up front have really developed that mindset we want them to be in. They have really come on board with that."

Ironton coach Bob Lutz, who is in his 38th season, has seen a difference in Highland's line play.

"Last year we handled them up front, but their linemen are better this time around," Lutz told the Ironton Tribune.

Control up front will be a determining factor again this week.

The Tigers (9-2) use their big men who average 256 pounds per man to ignite a run game which churns out 289 yards a contest. Last season Ironton backs gained 258 yards rushing against the Scots.

"They stay in a T offense most of the time and run the ball behind big tackles," Carpenter said. "Their backs are athletic and run hard. They like to play smash-mouth football."

Senior Tres Wilks paces a trio of Tigers backs with 810 yards on 102 carries. He has scored nine touchdowns.

Also carrying the ball for Ironton are senior Brian Warner with 775 yards on 154 carries and 13 TDs and junior Tyler Hager with 705 yards on 99 attempts and 14 scores.

A year ago against Highland, Wilks toted the ball six times for 60 yards and Hager gained 58 yards on four trips.

Ironton rushed the ball 57 times for 342 yards last Friday in a 32-12 conquest of Coshocton last week.

The Tigers don't throw the ball much at all. Senior quarterback Tommy Waginger has completed 23 of 42 passes for 368 yards and three touchdowns.

Defensively, Ironton looks pretty solid. The Tigers limited Coshocton to 118 total yards a week ago.

"They play a 5-2 and they are a very disciplined defense," Carpenter said. "They like to control the line of scrimmage. They are not an ultra-aggressive team that likes to blow things up. They like to stand offensive linemen up and read."

Another playoff win in 2010 would not only keep the Scots alive in the postseason but would also allow them to maintain their recent rosy outlook.

"There has been a lot of intensity and hard playing this week in practice and it's been pretty fun," Mailey said.

Even Carpenter has taken time to cherish the moments.

"Every year you go through it and you don't get to enjoy it much because there is so much work to do, but I'm enjoying this," Carpenter said.

Return to “Football”