How about this food for thought...

Burg graduates of 05

7th 3-3-1
8th 3-4
9th 3-4
10th not sure
11th 9-3
12th 11-2

That class had Tom Kaskey, Brian Stephenson, Brian and Alex Peach, Matt Watson and many more talented players.

callie11
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates 2011

Post by callie11 »

i'm not sure how it works, but maybe if the head coach, present players, alumni, parents, people in the Burg hoping to keep the football tradition alive approached some of the potential players to help boost the playing nunbers , things might look brighter. If a kid doesn't want to play then he won't play but they might get a few more out.

Orange_N_Black_Fan
Riding the Bench

Post by Orange_N_Black_Fan »

Rumor has it? Or may be some truth to it, that Ashland Paul Blazer will
be on the schedule next year 2011!! as of a few days ago at the school.
I know it was talked about during the season but did not hear if it was set
in stone?? Can anyone confirm, also Jackson is on the schedule for 2012.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

piratepride 05 wrote:How about this food for thought...

Burg graduates of 05

7th 3-3-1
8th 3-4
9th 3-4
10th not sure
11th 9-3
12th 11-2

That class had Tom Caskey, Brian Stephenson, Brian and Alex Peach, Matt Watson and many more talented players.
As of right now I don't see any Kaskey's or Stephensons in next yrs senior or junior classes

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

Shears will have to be the man next year on offense. If they can find him a couple of receivers, they just might go back to the five wide and spread it out. What do they have to lose. The TB position might be a little thin, but who knows. There might be a family move in that has an all world TB that could change everything.

The O-line will need some work as they lost almost everyone.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The experienced o-line will be the biggest hole. They will still have Shears, O'Brien, Hood and Hall at the skill positions on offense and the 2 Miller boys and Claxon as sophomores will have to contribute as well. It will be a very different looking team and as mentioned, they may have to spread it out and throw it more, but then again Shears threw for 276 yds the last game against Fredericktown, so he can throw the ball.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

jackson is on the schedule for 2012 and ashland is just talked about. the biggest holes to fill will be on Defense. the offense will be fine with the skill at wide outs. they will be young but very skilled. they will be able to score but can they stop anyone???????

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Shears will need time to throw if they go 5 wide. The burg better hope that 2 families move in and besides the stud tb the other better have twins 6'4 260lb that can fill a couple spots on the D and Olines. The burg lost just about everything on both sides of the ball and special teams. I don't think I can remember when the burg has lost so much and return so little. If the coaches can go 5-5 next yr it would be a great coaching job. Will we have new home stands next yr?

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

no just 2 new field houses. stands next yr from what i was told

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

eddie wrote:no just 2 new field houses. stands next yr from what i was told
i've heard field house and stands will be next yr and the turf the following year. i heard this from several people at one of the last home games

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

It could be a tough year or two for the Pirates. The kids who are freshmen right now will have to make a huge impact as sophmores.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I wish Nelsonville-York could find a way to get the Burg on there schedule. I would love to see a yearly series started between these 2 teams. That would help NY come playoff time hands down.....I hope the Burg can have another fine year next year. Hope I get the chance to watch you play.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
eddie wrote:no just 2 new field houses. stands next yr from what i was told
i've heard field house and stands will be next yr and the turf the following year. i heard this from several people at one of the last home games
From what I understand they are still working on the details for the new locker room building (where concession stand is now) and 2 new concession stand buildings (on scoreboard end of the field) for next year. Home stands could be also completed for 2011, but not a sure thing yet. Turf may follow the next year.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates Football 2011

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Any updates on if and when any stadium changes are going to happen?

ouchmyknee
Waterboy

Post by ouchmyknee »

can we get some actual talk about the upcoming team on this thread , Id like to know what you guys think the starters will be next year.
oline and dline will be crucial

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The lineman positions will be tough to fill. Just guessing, but Ball, Pyles, Bittinger,MacDonald, Hudgel and Pelfrey should get a lot of time on the o-line. The QB spot will be interesting as well. Obviously Shears has some experience, but Arthur and E.Miller could also be options for the coaching staff to consider. OBrien and Hood should lead the way in the skill positions, but Acree, D.Miller and others should also contribute. It will definately be a rebuilding year.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

season could go either way as far as im concerned...boys could come together, work hard, and have a great year...or they can mope around and think about the losses and have a bad season...only time will tell

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

Agreed, the line has to step it up for next year......these underclassmen who havnt had a lot of playing exp hav to step up and take the role as a true Wheelersburg Pirate

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

You dont hope to win at wheelersburg, You expect to win

Return to “Football”