SOC II 2011

Bobito
Waterboy

Re: SOC II 2011

Post by Bobito »

I agree with The D all the way throughout this thread, he talks about all the great fundamentals that make a great team and keep the team together!

GO BURG!!

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

no, i am saying that Burg has as good of a shot as anybody...i am not saying that it is a gurantee, but there is absolutely no reason to count them out...yes i am putting a good deal of faith in their tradition of reloading and finding their own way to win like they always seem able to do, but with the potential that the team has, and the losses of talent all around the league, they have the same chances to bring home another golden trophy as ever...the boys, knowing that they are already being counted out, knowing that other teams think they can just walk over them will be pushing farther and working harder and preparing more than ever before to prove everybody dead wrong again...I just really dont see west beating them...valley is the team to look out for this year if they can get over the mental aspect of it...

but go ahead and cross them off your list...just might be in for another surprise ;-)

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

siderman wrote:
The D wrote:West just won't be able to do it after their losses :122245
Where is everyone getting this stuff?

West had the ball down 3 at the end of the Burg game with Pendelton in a wheelchair and Compton in the hospital. The other senior starters that we lost were Locher, Journey, Bricker, and Caudill.

Of the kids that started that game we return 4 of 5 O-linemen (some will be 3 year starters)
Both Tight ends
Quarterback (will be 3 year starter)
Auger (Best running back in the SOC this year)

I know you can't put alot of stock in JV games, but didn't West beat Minford and Wheelersburg by a total of around 150 points the year before last. Wouldn't those kids be the upperclassmen this year?
I thought Minford beat West this year in jv? Or maybe it was Minford beating West to ruin their undefeated season in jr high?I hear Minford is going to have some surprises this year coming from the RB position

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Could Be !! :mrgreen:
You really can`t put a lot of faith in the JV games. A lot of Jr. players are starting Varsity.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The D wrote:no, i am saying that Burg has as good of a shot as anybody...i am not saying that it is a gurantee, but there is absolutely no reason to count them out...yes i am putting a good deal of faith in their tradition of reloading and finding their own way to win like they always seem able to do, but with the potential that the team has, and the losses of talent all around the league, they have the same chances to bring home another golden trophy as ever...the boys, knowing that they are already being counted out, knowing that other teams think they can just walk over them will be pushing farther and working harder and preparing more than ever before to prove everybody dead wrong again...I just really dont see west beating them...valley is the team to look out for this year if they can get over the mental aspect of it...

but go ahead and cross them off your list...just might be in for another surprise ;-)
What potential are you talking about? That's where you are losing me.

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

28Buck Minfords surprise RB is a lineman I seen him play a JV game at Valley !

Farmer Fran
Waterboy

Post by Farmer Fran »

Minford sucks, they'll be lucky to win 4 games this year.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Not cool Farmer, not cool at all.

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

I think 28buck is talking about the transfer they got...plus all the young ones ... :122249

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

FIDO wrote:Lots of silliness going on up in here...Most of you are more knowledgeable about SOC II Football than you are displaying. The SOC II is wide open...The top 3 or 4 teams will remain the top 3 or 4 teams...The only wild card will be how much Waverly can improve with their young team. Who knows how team chemistry will evolve between now and kickoff...Some team's chemistry may be goood and others my falter. Regardless, on any given Friday during league play, a show will be given for a small fee. Sit back and relax...The Super Bowl is next week!
:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

The D wrote:no, i am saying that Burg has as good of a shot as anybody...i am not saying that it is a gurantee, but there is absolutely no reason to count them out...yes i am putting a good deal of faith in their tradition of reloading and finding their own way to win like they always seem able to do, but with the potential that the team has, and the losses of talent all around the league, they have the same chances to bring home another golden trophy as ever...the boys, knowing that they are already being counted out, knowing that other teams think they can just walk over them will be pushing farther and working harder and preparing more than ever before to prove everybody dead wrong again...I just really dont see west beating them...valley is the team to look out for this year if they can get over the mental aspect of it...

D, I don't know who you are, but I will take talent over tradition every time.Ask Notre Dame or Michigan about tradition. West played the meat of their schedule without some of their horses. And nobody ran over the team West has coming back next year. My opinion is that the SOCll race will come down to West at Valley. But I really would like to make a wager on your prediction that West will finish 4th. Come on, you scared?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Farmer Fran wrote:Minford sucks, they'll be lucky to win 4 games this year.

What a boob.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

The Babe wrote:They doubted us last year....an look wat happnd :lol: GO BURG
We know what happened while you sat in english class. :lol:

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

waverly had a young team last season but i think will improve this year and will upset alot of area teams

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

B-dawg79 wrote:waverly had a young team last season but i think will improve this year and will upset alot of area teams

sorry....but this just isnt going to happen...give it a few more years, this year is going to be similar to last with maybe a couple wins...

Bobito
Waterboy

Post by Bobito »

I dont know about that the D, that freshman quarterback that came in for the injured QB about mid-season, looked pretty impressive with his throwing. I look for Waverly to maybe get away from their traditional style of play and maybe take a shot at running the spread, IF they can get some skilled linemen into play......

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

They do run the spread u tard lol

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Waverly's been running the spread for years.

That soft style of play like Portsmouth, is probably why their defense is terrible.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

siderman wrote:Waverly's been running the spread for years.

That soft style of play like Portsmouth, is probably why their defense is terrible.
Whaaaa????? :122246 :122246 :122246 we actually agree on something LOL :lol: :lol:

Its obvious that the spread offense just doesn'w work, not at the high school level in this area anyway...southern ohio football was founded and ruled by power football, and thats just not going to change. Soft agile schemes will never compare to brute strength and pounding the ball up the middle...

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The D wrote:
siderman wrote:Waverly's been running the spread for years.

Whaaaa????? :122246 :122246 :122246 we actually agree on something LOL :lol: :lol:

Its obvious that the spread offense just doesn'w work, not at the high school level in this area anyway...southern ohio football was founded and ruled by power football, and thats just not going to change. Soft agile schemes will never compare to brute strength and pounding the ball up the middle...

And this is exactly why it is going to be a very long time until a southern Ohio team complete for a state title.

Return to “Football”