2011 Warren Warriors

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Re: 2011 Warren Warriors

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Hey buddy, get over it. The coaching job has been filled. Like it!!!! or Leave!! Our kids, our families don't need what you have to offer. Sit back, take a look at you wrote, and put a different face with it. Do you like this person?

Warrior football is going in the right direction. Andy's gonna take us there. I have had enough of this already. I'm sorry sombody took away your favorite pasttime. I have to be honest, It wasn't Andy that did it. Just sit back and look at our losing tradition you so well like. You tell me you have been a part of this from the get go. Now, you tell me you want a job so everything can be the same. I DON'T THINK SO.

The man has alot to offer our school district. He teaches, he allows the kids to be themselves, he knows how to get the best from each and everyone of those boys. If you have been coaching as long as you say you have and the direction of the program is south I'm kinda thinking the administration might not be so bad after all.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

Apparently we are talking about the same guy, the same hoopla, the same chit chat, the same things to offer the school and kids that were offered at Marietta. I see how that worked out. If you've been shot, you dont have to wait 2, 4, or 6 years to stop the bleeding. I know it takes time to turn a program around, so if you had 2 years invested in turning things around at Marietta. Why would you leave? Did Marietta decide to go in the another direction? Marietta won more games last year, than the previous two seasons. 32,16,6 apparently your reading skills are as bad as your judgement. Where did you read someone took my job?

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Been around...you sound just like him..wow so we have twin haters...easy to take potshots ...give him his four years
...then okay

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

Warriorfrosh, there was only one point to my postings. That I was dissatisfied with the boards hiring decision. So you are right, I am a hater of that decision. I never once wanted anything less than good fortunes for Warren football. Coach Schob will no doubt do the best he can for Warren football. Everyone that ever played or coached the game knows that football is too much work, not to love it.

I got the response I expected from my initial postings and respect the way other posters have defended what they love. GO BIG BLUE!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

32, 16, 6 wrote:Hey buddy, get over it. The coaching job has been filled. Like it!!!! or Leave!! Our kids, our families don't need what you have to offer. Sit back, take a look at you wrote, and put a different face with it. Do you like this person?

Warrior football is going in the right direction. Andy's gonna take us there. I have had enough of this already. I'm sorry sombody took away your favorite pasttime. I have to be honest, It wasn't Andy that did it. Just sit back and look at our losing tradition you so well like. You tell me you have been a part of this from the get go. Now, you tell me you want a job so everything can be the same. I DON'T THINK SO.

The man has alot to offer our school district. He teaches, he allows the kids to be themselves, he knows how to get the best from each and everyone of those boys. If you have been coaching as long as you say you have and the direction of the program is south I'm kinda thinking the administration might not be so bad after all.

Where does this say I read somebody took your job? It says " I'm sorry someone took away your favorite pasttime. "

My Judgement is like a strike zone. Its not an argueable call. I think somebody from Belpre is calling you about an Assistant Job. Now go run along and answer the phone. If the phone isn't ringing it might be telling you something anyway.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

warriorfrosh: have him type "the sun will come out tomorrow" you might have your man and not know it. ????

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

beenaround......Dont you know by now that Warren Local Sports Programs only hire coaches that keep Happytown Happy? Thats why you wont see any STATE Titles In the HI PROFILE SPORTS LIKE BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL....THATS WHY MR. DEVOL didnt stick around because he wanted to run things his way and build a winner.....(wasnt allowed to coach his way) (IT WASNT THE WARREN WAY)..Def not a coward...FROSH...RATHER A SMART MAN!
YOU JUST WONT SEE A WARRIOR TEAM GOING TO FAR BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW GREAT THE ATHLETES, THE WARRIOR WAY ISNT PUTTING THE SMARTEST OR BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD OR COURT!
SO Mr. Schob deserves a chance and it wont matter how many chances you give him either, its still HAPPYTOWN! He had a great chance lastyear and was already overridden and had to make adjustments and it hurt him. But as far as being a good person, you couldnt ask for a classier guy, I often have an occasional dinner with Mr. Schob and he loves what he does and is great for the kids.
So (beenaround) I feel your pain and you are correct on alot of things you say, but it will get you nowhere, so sit back and support the program and just dont expect any state titles because it wont be in our lifetime, if you are as old as I am Im taking it. But remember...The sun comes out tmrw! :mrgreen:

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

At some point Warren needs to also make a cultural change. It's not an accident that Warren has never made the playoffs. Stop blaming others, work harder, and grow a pair all of you community members and future players. Step up and make a name for yourself. It isn't about X's and O's, it's about grit and desire. BTW, throwing a sucker punch and getting thrown out of a game is not what I'm talking about. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then stop reading and play golf next Fall.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

whoa...sucker punch? grow a pair? We have had alot of kids step up over the years. Alot of hard work and dedication has been put in over the years. Just because you don't have a winning season doesn't mean that the kids didn't work hard enough.
I remember a coach from a time not so long ago, that had a perfect season. He coached two years after that perfect season and for whatever reason gave it up. Later, he comes back, and wins a state tourny. AT WARREN NONE THE LESS. IMO it was harder for him to deal with the "Warren Culture" than it was to coach a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. We havn't had a state run since then. (BTW HIS RECORD, on the state CHPSP team had a loss.) The guy had talented players, they worked hard, and gave it their all. He wouldn't put up with those who lacked discipline, effort, or disrespected their team mates. Not like those issues were a big deal, alot of the players are still friends today.

It seems to me the problems arn't the coaches, its the guys that hold the purse strings. If the coaches could do what they want and didn't have to listen to a conglomerate of talking heads that want things done a certain way, (exp. been there, blah blah)then we would have state tourny teams. We would have scholarships for athletes, we would have the wonderful records everybody would like to have. So, it seems to me we did have a culture change. It's too bad, and when we make a move in the right direction, somebody tugs a purse string and then another, and another. You don't want what's best for the kids, you want whats best for your kid. You want control, you want a head on a platter. What we need is to get along with each other. I've tried, I'm still optimistic that it will work one day. It will take all of us to be in one building, and all live in the same twp., but it will work.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

GAHS, the coach was a coach under Red Hill. He also coached basketball. His state team was basketball. The initials stand for CHAMPIONSHIP. One night, when you get time. Sit down with a texting teenager, and have them share a little of their knowledge with you. It's kind of fun. Take some paper and a pen so you can write everything down.
Now, can I assume that with the info that Gee Gee is spitting and sputtering about. The info you have just given, it could be safe to say a Coach can Grow with their program when given a chance to make their own mistakes. That a State Title in Football is few and far between, so lets just be happy with a better than .500 record. What happens when a few kids start to excell that wern't supposed to. Do you let them excell? Or, do you change things up abit so the right peoples kids can stay in the lime lite? The reason I ask is that the coach I spoke of earlier had those issues to deal with. Let me also add that the current Administration had very little or nothing to do with this. The Board changes, but maybe the attitude doesn't.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

Recently a gentleman was telling me about what he called undue pressures put on Coach Schob in reguards to who gets playing time, who gets touches for stats and so on. Also he spoke of large galleries attending normal practices. I know there always was and will be a parent or grandparent question why thier precious one is not getting to play, or play more. Coaches in every sport have had to deal with that at some time, usually early in the season, but I was led to believe it was really bad. Can someone shed more light on how bad this is, or is not.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

State Titles? Basketball? Warren has NEVER won a State Team Title in any sport. Girls B-Ball was runner-up under Denny Biddinger.
Am I missing a season somewhere? State Champs at Warren Are Swimming, Wrestling & Track. Individuals and a relay team of Four. So, Someone enlighten me on my ignorance. Or was this at a different school. As gor "GEE GEE" as someones stated, he has been coaching since, so Beenaround is most likely not this person. So, can we get back to the 2011 team and what the prospects are? Any freshmen going to make a impact, which soph's are going to step up? Come-on lets talk up the kids.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Auburntgrfan wrote: So, can we get back to the 2011 team and what the prospects are? Any freshmen going to make a impact, which soph's are going to step up? Come-on lets talk up the kids.
Looking forward to watching Austin Henthorn. He is the defintion of what a high school football player should be.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Who will be the next players to play at the next level? Name three players in each class that impressed you last year. (offensive, and defensive) This is your personal opinion, so they don't have to hold a record, even have the potential to, maybe they just stepped up in one game, and you noticed it. You don't even have to defend it. Its your opinion.

Maybe there is an athlete that didn't play that you would like to see on the field, name them.

I agree, lets move on.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Evan French should be playing!!!

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Really, are we going down this road already and it's only Feb. Are we going to start the same crap that's been going on just down the road in Belpre, one losing season and let's hang the coach out to dry and start all over again. You have to at least give Andy a chance and granted his time at Marietta was not the best, but from what I've read some on here believe we should have won the state DII championship in his first year at Warren, give me a break. You have to give him a chance and I agree looking at coaches like Holder,Amyx and some others their first years were nothing to talk about but given time and the backing of the community they turned out great as coaches and turned out some great players. Think about what your saying and believe me what some have said is counter productive to what is trying to be accomplished at Warren.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Agreed, who can Andy get to come out that hasn't been there yet? Who will Step up and fill the shoes of the Seniors that will be missed?
Andy's doing fine and so arn't the Warriors, I can see Evan French doing well, the kid is an athlete.
Jace Knost could do a fine job. Andrew Vincent is healing and showing progress.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

BTW, Ralph Holder was 2-7 his first season at Belpre (1961). I think he was just over .500 his second year; 5-4 or 6-3. Back them a lot of schools only played 9 games for some odd reason.

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

Andy will do fine. He will do better if he can get some more players out. However, a lot of the players that could help make this into a winning program are simply burnt out from pee wee ball. They get to jr/sr high and they want to do other things because football wasn't as much fun as they thought it would be in pee wee ball.

Big Bad Blue.

Return to “Football”