Freshman Team

Re: 2011 Warren Warriors

Post by bigbluedad »

Warren's 2011 schedule as of right now:
8/26 @ Philo
9/02 @ Marietta
9/09 Athens
9/16 Portsmouth
9/24 Jackson*(This is a Saturday night game)
9/30 @ Parkersburg South,WV
10/7 @ Logan
10/14 Chillicothe
10/21 @ Gallia
10/28 Phillip Barber,WV

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Warren does not make sports fun for kids anymore, the coaches think they are pros but really teach kids wrong at Warren. Its seems to be all about the coaches and not the kids anymore. The coaches watch to much TV and worry more about how they look than teaching kids the right things.

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

Wow. That's a new point of view. Any chance we could get more on this whole coaches want to look better than what they are teaching? I gotta here the resoning and examples on this. As a former warrior coach I can't remember checking my self in the mirror b4 marching over that hill to battle. I'm sure I made mistakes but what I had on while doing it just was not a priority. I also can't remember coach schob watching tv at halftime or anything. I missed out on that I guess. Haha.

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

warrenwarrior55
i'm not sure but i believe diehard is meaning that the coaches see things on tv and use it as their offense or defense. trying to emulate college guys instead of figuring things out and developing their own packages that work with hs players. i'm pretty sure he didn't mean their physical looks. i might be wrong but that's what i got out of the post. why aren't you returning to warren?

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

redandgreen10 wrote:warrenwarrior55
i'm not sure but i believe diehard is meaning that the coaches see things on tv and use it as their offense or defense. trying to emulate college guys instead of figuring things out and developing their own packages that work with hs players. i'm pretty sure he didn't mean their physical looks. i might be wrong but that's what i got out of the post. why aren't you returning to warren?
Having coached with Coach Schob at Marietta, I can personally tell you that he did not get his offensive package from TV. He developed his own scheme from combining the wing-T, the spin-offense, and a spread passing game. It IS his own system, not something he got from TV. Most people posting on SEOPS do have the knowledge or background to be able to decipher where a system came from or find the nuances that make one system different than the other.

JMHO

warrenwarrior55
Riding the Bench

Post by warrenwarrior55 »

redandgreen10, I did not look at his post that way. That is another angle. I see what you are saying but schenk11 is right on. Schob has his own offense and has his own way to call it and everything. Thousands of ways to run one play to keep you off balance. When it’s working it can’t be stopped. He has the pieces to run it at warren and with the returners they have they will be scary next season.

as far as why I left warren, it’s not as simple as a short post. It was very fun at warren and I loved my time there. Sometimes things just are not in place and timing is everything. I need to take care of some things that are very close to me. Coach Schob and I are close and I want to work with his again someday. I loved the kids and everything I experienced at warren. The warren fans and kids are a class act and made me feel welcome there my whole time. It was a very hard decision to leave.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Where is Phillip Barber in W.Va.? Never heard of them, A, AA, AAA? HAve they ever been a playoff team in W.Va.? How recent? And why did the the game up I-77 get dropped. I can understand it, just wondering.
Found the school its in Phillipi W.Va. about 2 hour drive. Searched around but could find nothing about size and last years record, etc.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

I think they are AA. Phillipi, WV is where Alderson Broaddus College is located.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Philip Barbour is in Romney
Nickname Colts
AA in WV
Enrollment of 588 when WV did their last classifaction in 2008
Records:
2010 3-7
2009 1-9
2008 6-4 made the playoffs as a 15 seed lost to State Champs Grafton in 1st round(41-16)
The WV Big Ten Conference

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Are there 12 teams in that conference, also? Sorry, I couldn't let it past.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Actually starting in 2012, yes there will be 12

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Any word on who is new on staff as yet? Any familar names?

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Pretty sure S. Taylor will be returning to his alma mater.

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

Shawn is on board next fall.

black_and_orange
Riding the Bench

Post by black_and_orange »

Heard he was going to be at Marietta next season.

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

Shawn got a phone call from their Freshmen coach (who has seized control of the program), but I was told he declined an offer. Marietta hasn't posted the position inside or out yet, but their putting together a staff? Sounds a little crazy to me! :122246

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

edforshey wrote:Philip Barbour is in Romney
Nickname Colts
AA in WV
Enrollment of 588 when WV did their last classifaction in 2008
Records:
2010 3-7
2009 1-9
2008 6-4 made the playoffs as a 15 seed lost to State Champs Grafton in 1st round(41-16)
The WV Big Ten Conference
Not to be argumentive, but Philip Barbour HS is in Philippi, WV, (Barbour County) not Romney. It is 15 miles south of Grafton. If the game is away you will be impressed with their new buildings.

Romney is about 100 miles due east of Philippi in Hampshire County and is home of Hampshire High School.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Of course they have new buildings. Doesn't everyone...except schools in Washington County, Ohio. West Virginia does it right (school funding). How can new schools be built there (same nation, same economy) and we can't? I know...let it go.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

coal miner's son wrote:Of course they have new buildings. Doesn't everyone...except schools in Washington County, Ohio. West Virginia does it right (school funding). How can new schools be built there (same nation, same economy) and we can't? I know...let it go.

They value education and community more in those places.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

You said it brother.

Return to “Football”