PVC Pre-season Talk

selonmc
Varsity

Re: PVC Pre-season Talk

Post by selonmc »

CN2 wrote:The talk in Woodsfield is that Circosta had drill instructors from the Army and National Guard waiting for the Noles at the practice field on Tuesday morning and they ran the practice. Kudos to Jay.

:lol: Seriously?

If that is true then Circosta is serious as a heart attack this year. After the '08 debacle he isn't chancing anything.

BRIDGEPORT01
Freshman Team

Post by BRIDGEPORT01 »

trail doesn't play bellaire st. johns this year , there playin @ BRIDGEPORT week 5

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

If that's the case Trail might have another winless season lol.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea long year for Trail.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

It's a shame that so many PVC schools are consistently terrible because it kills the programs like MC that consistently win when it comes to points. When trail goes 0-10 or 1-9 and the 1 win coming against another weak PVC team it sorta defeats the purpose of even playing.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Maybe the PVC needs to talk expansion, or MC would be better served going independent in football, kina like Notre Dame.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Trails 1 win was vs Bellaire St Johns.Rivers only win was vs Trail.Caldwell,Fort Frye,Frontier and Shenandoah have been pretty good the last 2 seasons record wise.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Monroe's non-conference schedule of Shadyside, Barnesville, Magnolia, and Columbiana serve them well, with the first three teams being on the schedule for a good while now (Shadyside for 30+ years). Even when you had a big school like Meadowbrook in the league, Circosta was pretty successful against the Colts. I remember when Woodsfield used to play Union Local every year, and did pretty well against the Jets. The PVC is a pretty decent small school league for SE Ohio, I don't see a need for wholesale changes. Losing Waterford and picking up Buckeye Trail, well, from a historical perspective, the league got better, not worse, Waterford was the proverbial doormat of the PVC until their exit. Trail has fielded some decent teams, just been down the last few years.

The league has pretty consistently put two or three teams in the playoffs, which I don't think too many small school leagues in Southern Ohio can claim. I'd say MC is where they need to be.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

FF and Frontier used to be the doormat of the PVC, BT and River have taken the place of them as of recent. I give FF credit they have improved tremendously, they aren't producing teams that are powerful or playoff material but they are winning games. They wouldnt fare in the playoffs but they are leaps ahead of where the program used to be.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I for one, would be all for an expansion of the PVC, especially if Barnesville were the team coming in. They already play Caldwell, Trail, Shenandoah, and MC. The other teams (Fort Frye, Frontier, and River) are all about an hour's drive, which isn't to bad.

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

I drain 3's wrote:I for one, would be all for an expansion of the PVC, especially if Barnesville were the team coming in. They already play Caldwell, Trail, Shenandoah, and MC. The other teams (Fort Frye, Frontier, and River) are all about an hour's drive, which isn't to bad.

That would add to the MC/Barnesville rivalry. Not sure the hatred can get any stronger.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Anybody have info on how teams are faring in any 7 on 7's or scrimmages?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye did really well vs Crooksville.Chandler Lang looked really good.New players Shawn Cuthberson and Tyser Schilling both made impacts at WR.Shawn at one point had 7 catches in a row and 3 scores.Tyser a Jr 6-1 170 Jr 1st year player will start at CB and WR.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Lang did well on read routes, poor on quick and timing routes. Will be more dangerous with his legs than arms, but showed good zip on throws at times. Seeing as he was the top reciever last year, Skinner and Klinger graduated; the team is inexperienced at the WR position. Given their inexperience they played better than expected. Things to work on, Lang throwing into the right window and keeping his eyes down field, (too quick to check down), WR finishing routes, i think this is the inexperience factor as when the ball left Langs hands they would slow down, running routes even when the ball is not designated to come to you, (If the defense takes a half step your way it opens up the next guy). And S. Lang needs to catch the ball at its highest point, He is too athletic not to get a jump ball.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea not sure if Schilling and Cuthberson will freak out when thy get hit.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

The defense for FF looked slow up the middle, quick on the outsides and one corner got burnt repeatedly. Believe it was a new kid so that should improve. IMO, this team is better suited for a 4-3 base, but i dont blame the coaches for sticking to the system they know best. I just like the idea of S and C Lang maning the safety positions, C at FS, S at SS. Massey, Bates, Almsbach at your corners and one at wide side OLB.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kehl can't play ILB.They need to run a 4-3. DL- Kehl,Dixon,Wriston,Garrett Hull or Jon Scott.LB-Max,Cole,Bowman DB-Chan,Massey. S-Spencer, Bates then rotate Tyser in at DB.Shawn Cuthberson can play rush end and LB.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Nevermind Cole quit when asked to play guard.I would do anything to play again.These kids will regret it.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Cadets only have 24 young men out for football on Aug.1 ?

If 2-3 drop out, or get hurt during season, most will be learning to go both ways?

Seems like they should have at least 30-35 at start of practice.

Whats the other smaller schools have at the start of season?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford has 22

Return to “Football”