Freshman Team

Re: PVC Pre-season Talk

Post by CN2 »

I believe Monroe has 44.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

after working with shenandoah's qbs the past couple days im pretty impressed . Hurst is really impressing me . he has showed alot of leadership and has improved tons physically . Derek Leasure is the back up at the moment, he doesn’t have the arm that Hurst has but he is more athletic. I expect Hurst to have a really good season as the line has developed into probably the best offensive line they have had since the ’03 season. As well, Hurst will have some good targets to throw at whom include Leasure, Nuehart and Hannum. Not to mention that he will be handing off to the best running back in the pvc in Crum. No doubt in my mind the finish in the top 3 in the pvc this year.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

stylepoints101 wrote:after working with shenandoah's qbs the past couple days im pretty impressed . Hurst is really impressing me . he has showed alot of leadership and has improved tons physically . Derek Leasure is the back up at the moment, he doesn’t have the arm that Hurst has but he is more athletic. I expect Hurst to have a really good season as the line has developed into probably the best offensive line they have had since the ’03 season. As well, Hurst will have some good targets to throw at whom include Leasure, Nuehart and Hannum. Not to mention that he will be handing off to the best running back in the pvc in Crum. No doubt in my mind the finish in the top 3 in the pvc this year.
Well i'd hope so. Only other teams that will most likely contend for the two spots not occupied by Central are Caldwell and Fort Frye, and even they have lots of question marks going into the season.

loveofthegame
Riding the Bench

Post by loveofthegame »

1. Monroe Central is number one by a large margin

2. Caldwell

3. Shenandoah

4. Fort Frye

5 through 7 toss up

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

i dont expect much from caldwell, they lost too much talent . it will be between FF and the Zeps for second place . but i'll be honest i usually dont put much faith in shenandoah football of late but they look pretty solid this year. this team is the best all around team the zeps have put together in the last 8 years .

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

Sure hope Shenandoah has some depth. After the MF game they could be minus a few players.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

lol i dont know, i think it will be a good game this year . the only key players the zeps lost were Farnsworth on offense and Starr on both sides of the ball .

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

stylepoints101 wrote:i dont expect much from caldwell, they lost too much talent . it will be between FF and the Zeps for second place . but i'll be honest i usually dont put much faith in shenandoah football of late but they look pretty solid this year. this team is the best all around team the zeps have put together in the last 8 years .
Same was said a few years ago after guys like Mettler and Abbott graduated. Thinking that team had 10+ seniors, with pretty much all of them playing. Coaching will determine just how far they go. While they don't have as much talent as last year, there is still a good bit there. Problem with all this though, is that one or two injuries could turn an entire season around. Shenandoah kind of experienced it last year when Hurst went down for a few weeks. Like someone said FF only has 24 out for football. That's basically every player going both ways, and special teams. They're going to be gassed come 4th quarter.

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

The FF coaches will have the players in shape. Last year the team had only 2 or 3 players that did not start on both sides of the ball. Injuries to key players is more of a worry, the backups are young and not yet accustom to the size and speed of varsity football.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea I'm more worried bout a injury to Lang,Lang,Bates,Wriston,Dixon,and Max.Also hope Tyser and Cuthberson sticking out 2 a days.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

im not sure what Shenandoah's number is this year . i know they have 15 incoming freshman tho .

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

Injuries can plague anyone’s season. Last year Hurst had mono for a couple weeks which kept him out. He wont have to worry about getting banged up on the field too much with the line he will have this year .

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

stylepoints101 wrote:. He wont have to worry about getting banged up on the field too much with the line he will have this year .
:roll: :lol:

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

with a veteran line averaging about 240lbs there will be a nice size wall between Hurst and the defense . look for Kalob Davis to be one of the best offensive linemen in the pvc this year , at guard he's 6'3 250lbs and is strong and quick with a really good sense of the game .

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

With a line that good the might as well just turn around and hand the ball off everytime.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

with a running back like Crum i wouldnt blame them for running it every time lol . Hurst's composure is the only question mark .

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

How many lineman are returning for the Zeps?

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Just read over on ovathletics that WCC's starting center and one of their starting WR's has transfered to Wheeling Park, along with their starting QB.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

the Zeps are returning all their starting line from last year and added some new ones . i expect it to be Hornak 220lbs soph. center, Kalob Davis 240lbs sr. and Tyler Davis 220lbs sr. at tackles , Tommy Archer 290lbs sr. and Ricky Carr 230lbs sr. at guards , then Seth Thompson and Austin Rich both seniors at tight ends . All of these are the same as last year except for Archer who didnt come out last year but started his sophmore year. and they have 330lb Cory Liapply , im not sure what they will do with him but he is varsity material .

Return to “Football”