Week # 2 Warren at Marietta

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Week # 2 Warren at Marietta

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Both teams start the season off with a great confidance win. Should be another War of Washington Countys two largest schools. Excited for Friday nite to get here. Go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotribe
Waterboy

Re: Week # 2 Warren at Marietta

Post by gotribe »

Does everyone feel this could be a game of Warren OL vs. Marietta DL and coverage? Fivecoat(W) and Baker(M) will see the ball a lot. The "other" guys could be the difference makers!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Get 'em Warren. Go SEOAL!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

If you get a chance check out www.warrenfootball.org. They are working on it but so far it looks good. Philo game is up and career leaders button has alot of info on it.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

With Warrens Passing game---- I will give them the edge

bigcatmarietta
Freshman Team

Post by bigcatmarietta »

Good luck to both sides. also the website looks good warriors.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Warren should take this on by a couple of scores.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warren had a big win Friday night. To be honest all were somewhat shocked, I think maybe Warren is better than most said and Philo probably a little worse than most said. But that is the way it is with first games. But what a fun night it was! The offense was clicking, most of what we tried worked, running to keep the defense honest, but they had no answer for our passing game. No interceptions, no fumbles, only one or two dropped passes. Eliminate a couple dumb penalties and we could not have played a much better game. Now the defense, what an improvement, it is coming together nicely. Outside a couple of drives Philo could not run or pass. The offensive line is improving, and IMO that is the biggest key to success. Dylan was on the money and Five was a beast, but this was a great TEAM win, everybody did their job. But one win does not make a season, we will have a stiffer challenge this Friday. Let's hope the boys play well once again and we can take it. And kudos to our coaching staff, you must have slept very well Friday night.

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

IF Marietta gets pressure on Leffy and forces him to make poor decisions or quick throws I see Marietta with a W. The Tigers were an underdog last season and they are this season again, they want this bad and not to mention it's at Don Drumm. Hopefully, for Tiger faithful, the Tigers get it done on offense this week with more diversity. Dedder is going to play the crucial role in this one and Futrell with another big role, depending on how Futrell plays as far throwing the ball will be a quick determination on what type of defense Warren plays against them, if the pass game is effective then the Tigers should have a win here. I look for some of the players to really step it up this week and possibly shock some people. Hidden weapons are the key in this one..Good luck Tigers! Tigers 27 Warren 21.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Not many hidden weapons in a rivalry series like this. Especially when the other teams head coach coached at your school for 4-5 years.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfootballer »

does anyone have a starting lineup for the warriors?

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Don't mean to be trite but the coaches are stressing the "no-name" offense and the "no-name" defense...it's called TEAM....come and watch and you will see who is playing where....let's go BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I may go see this one. If I can find a place to park.

tigerstrike2011
Waterboy

Post by tigerstrike2011 »

Looking forward to a packed house! I hope it's as good of a game as it looks like it's going to be. Warren returns basically the same team. Marietta lost a few guys in the offseason. I give the edge to Warren, unfortunately.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

...seriously though, depth chart? anybody?

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Depth charts for both teams???

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

sure, go for it. i just really wanna see who stepped into different spots for warren this season. like henthorn playing guard. thats friggin hilarious

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

No, I was curious about the depth charts too, my fault. Henthron is a solid player, hard-hitter, quick for his size, why not put him there? I know if I was running the ball I'd want him lead blocking for me on a sweep. Anyways, I want to know Marietta's depth on the line.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

oh yeah, no doubt he'd be a natural at it. he was a good runner but good linemen seem to be a lot harder to come by so i'm glad he's there. i just would've loved to have seen his face when they said "hey, what if we put henthorn at guard?" =0

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

If he's a team player, then he would've smiled and said let's do it. Somebody has to know the depth charts! LOL!

Return to “Football”