Portsmouth West Football 2011

West Side Pride
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth West Football 2011

Post by West Side Pride »

A couple, but they are excused. Even without out 2 of the starters (skill positions) West went undefeated at the Albany Alexander 7 on 7.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Who was at the 7 on 7 camp?

West Side Pride
All Conference

Albany, Southeastern, Logan, West, Simms Valley.

sider123
Waterboy

Post by sider123 »

im looking for west to have great year this year thay have stable backs in auger and bricker. cody bricker and adam newman should have a good year on the line and conway cooper should have a great year on defence. levi should have a solid season also.

sider123
Waterboy

Post by sider123 »

im looking for west to have great year this year thay have stable backs in auger and bricker. cody bricker and adam newman should have a good year on the line and conway cooper should have a great year on defence. levi should have a solid season also.

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

luvbigcats wrote:
sadie74 wrote:well if i struck a nerve im sorry but i couldnt think of any other way to put it about ratliff and its my opinion. i can not see that kid throwing for a 1k plus last year.. no way. when that star running back ( which was very good) got hurt it would have helped West if they had a passing game which they didnt. if the passes they tried in the playoffs is your idea of a passing game then you guys have been living under a rock. you wanna see a balanced team, take a look at the MAC teams in the north western part of the state. if west and thats an if can make it passed the regionals in D5, they will not get past one of those mac teams from D5. in order to beat them you have to have a balanced O and great D. plain and simple.
Levi did throw for around a thousand yards last season in a run dominated offense and if the coaches wanted to throw the ball more he could easily throw for two or three thousand this season with his ability and the talent he has around him and for your opinion it means nothing and one more thing go to ohio varsity.com under pro stye qb and you will see he is 17th on the list.
Levi isnt ranked at all...dont get me wrong...im a die hard west fans but stats prove he isnt ranked.....

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

D_Journey9 wrote:
luvbigcats wrote:
sadie74 wrote:well if i struck a nerve im sorry but i couldnt think of any other way to put it about ratliff and its my opinion. i can not see that kid throwing for a 1k plus last year.. no way. when that star running back ( which was very good) got hurt it would have helped West if they had a passing game which they didnt. if the passes they tried in the playoffs is your idea of a passing game then you guys have been living under a rock. you wanna see a balanced team, take a look at the MAC teams in the north western part of the state. if west and thats an if can make it passed the regionals in D5, they will not get past one of those mac teams from D5. in order to beat them you have to have a balanced O and great D. plain and simple.
Levi did throw for around a thousand yards last season in a run dominated offense and if the coaches wanted to throw the ball more he could easily throw for two or three thousand this season with his ability and the talent he has around him and for your opinion it means nothing and one more thing go to ohio varsity.com under pro stye qb and you will see he is 17th on the list.
Levi isnt ranked at all...dont get me wrong...im a die hard west fans but stats prove he isnt ranked.....
Didn't say he is ranked said he is 17th on the pro style qb list the list goes in alphabetical order after the first 4 was tired of hearing sadie 74 bad mouthing Levi.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

When does West scrimmage Galia and what time?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

August 14th at Gallia and it says 10am

GAHS83
JV Team

Post by GAHS83 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:August 14th at Gallia and it says 10am
14th is on a Sunday. I'm thinking it will be the 13th?

ChainMan
Waterboy

Post by ChainMan »

sadie74 wrote:
juke boxer wrote:Where did Sadie74 go? Stats don't lie !!
stats dont lie to a point. those champs didnt have to pass to win. that just tells you what kind of D was out there. also West isnt gonna have that stud running back there this year. They wont have a choice but to be more balanced. what happens when you run into a team that shuts down your run.....its called being SCREWED!!! i watched the D4 D5 and D6 teams in person and i can tell you they are balanced. the coaches just seen they didnt have to pass cause the run couldnt be stopped. so stats can lie in this game guys. time to come back to the modern times when 3 yards and a cloud of dust doesnt work every play
Go tell that to Hilliard Davidson.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

GAHS83 wrote:
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:August 14th at Gallia and it says 10am
14th is on a Sunday. I'm thinking it will be the 13th?
Yep..Was a typo. The game is on the 13th

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

What other scrimmages do we have this year.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

The 19th at 7:30.....Jamboree Game vs. Piketon

YoDuh
Riding the Bench

Post by YoDuh »

I heard Albany's defense (Tipton) had him & Bobby extremely frustrated at an 8 on 7 (hee hee). Second level types of coverage.

West Side Pride
All Conference

nope, you heard wrong!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallia Academy's cross country team is supposed to have a scrimmage meet at 7 p.m., Friday at a park somewhere in West Portsmouth--I think at Shawnee State. Anybody got a route to get there? Thanks.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Just left off Rt 52 before you get to the High School. Name of the park is Earl Thomas Conley Park, it has a red wood fence out beside the road. The cross country route goes around it and down by the river then back towards Rt 52.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Good luck at Gallia Saturday who are the starters?

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

i do recall west went all the way to state in 2002 and beat one of them top teams like...Youngstown ursiline.....even after they made magazines counting west out...west still pulled it off...so that just shows if you work hard enough you will achieve...west has the talent they just got to be hungry

Return to “Football”